Who Are The Jags Players In This Photo?

Jaggernaut

Would like a Stewards' Enquiry please.

Unconvinced it's McKinnon and Gray. Don't know who the outfield player is but looks like Niven in goal to me. In any case, why would Falkirk have been playing in all white?

I thought the opposition player could've been Gilzean but again why would Dundee be playing in white?

Lady and Gentleman,

The caption for this newspaper photo states: "Partick Thistle goalkeeper Jimmy Gray and hooped shirted centre-half Donnie McKinnon rush out to stop Falkirk outside-righ Johnny Graham from scoring."

Remember back in those days teams used to wear their second strips almost at random.... our navy blue one, for example.

Lady and Gentleman,

The caption for this newspaper photo states: "Partick Thistle goalkeeper Jimmy Gray and hooped shirted centre-half Donnie McKinnon rush out to stop Falkirk outside-righ Johnny Graham from scoring."

Remember back in those days teams used to wear their second strips almost at random.... our navy blue one, for example.

george niven in goal don't recognise the other jags player but not donnie imho :thumbsup2:

george niven in goal don't recognise the other jags player but not donnie imho :thumbsup2:

Right, my first reaction was also that it was George Niven, until I read the caption to the photo, which is from a newspaper or maybe a football book. If it's the latter, there might well be an error, but if it's from a newspaper, then it's unlikely (back then at least) that they'd have mistaken all three players as well as one of the teams!

ETA: I did suggest it was maybe "slightly tricky...."

Edited by Jaggernaut

Photos from the Falkirk match on that date in the Ev Times show that Falkirk were, indeed, playing in all white - so forget my reference to Dumbarton. Still unconvinced it's McKinnon however but would have to concede that Gray was listed in the team lines.

That's impressive detective work, afc !

Falkirk. April 30, 1966. 3-0 (Gallagher, Gallagher, Duncan). Crowd: 2,000.

Not disputing the date, but I'm a wee bit uncomfortable with it because of the V-neck shirts. That was my first season following the Jags and I'm fairly sure we were wearing round necked tops by then.

I certainly stand to be corrected, I just have it in my mind that we last wore the V-necks in 64 or 65. Alternatively, maybe that was all that was clean yon day and we just wore it?

Edited by Blackpool Jags