Who Are The Jags Players In This Photo?

Jaggernaut

Donnie McKinnon. 

Rangers player looks like a young Alex Ferguson.  I wonder what ever happened to him. 

Ref looks like Mr J Mullan  of Dalkeith.   He was always distinctive with his open neck white shirt.

SFL match 9/9/1967.   0-2.  Niven, Campbell, Muir, O'Neil, McKinnon, Gibb, Flanagan, Coulston, Rae, Cunningham, Duncan.

2 hours ago, Duncan Tom said:

It`s definitely Donnie - he actually sent me that photo a few years ago!!

As a youngster I had a fantastic original press photo of Donnie's only goal (I think): a bullet of a header from a corner against Hibs at Firhill. My pal and I were even visible on the terracing! To my eternal regret the photo is lost, and I've no idea if it ever got used in a newspaper.

I`d love to see that photo if you ever find it!

1 hour ago, Jaggernaut said:

As a youngster I had a fantastic original press photo of Donnie's only goal (I think): a bullet of a header from a corner against Hibs at Firhill. My pal and I were even visible on the terracing! To my eternal regret the photo is lost, and I've no idea if it ever got used in a newspaper.

I`d love to see that photo if you ever do find it!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, stuthejag said:

Davie McP scores v St Johnstone, any idea's when ?

McParland, Davie Scores v St Johnstone (H).jpg

Joe McBride (2nd left) only played twice at home v St Mirren.  One was a 0-0 draw so this must be 18/2/1961.  3-2.  Freebairn, Hogan, Brown, Wright, Harvey, Donlevy, MUIR, Cunningham  (1st left), McBride, DUFFY, McPARLAND.

Edited by a f kincaid
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, stuthejag said:

Two pics from the same game

ScreenHunter_1303 May. 14 21.28.jpg

ScreenHunter_1303 May. 14 21.29.jpg

Top pic ...Glavin, McQuade, Lawrie.  Aberdeen keeper Clark.

Bottom pic...Glavin, Gibson, Craig, Forsyth (?).  Possibly Jarvie for Aberdeen in the distance.  No 7 Varga.

4/11/1972.  0-2.  Rough, Forsyth, Ralston, Glavin, Clark, Strachan, Gibson, Coulston, Craig, A Rae, McQuade.  Sub:Chalmers.

7 hours ago, a f kincaid said:

Bottom pic...Glavin, Gibson, Craig, Forsyth (?).  Possibly Jarvie for Aberdeen in the distance.  No 7 Varga.

4/11/1972.  0-2.  Rough, Forsyth, Ralston, Glavin, Clark, Strachan, Gibson, Coulston, Craig, A Rae, McQuade.  Sub:Chalmers.

Top pic, I think the second "biggest" Jags player after Glavin is Charlie Smith.

Bottom pic: The No. 7 looks more like Coulston than Gibson....

4 hours ago, a f kincaid said:

I'll start the bidding with Danny Kellachan in the distance.  Don't know who's behind him.  Davie McParland obviously but can't place the guy heading and jumping.  Maybe Johnny Gibson playing goalkeeper with the header.

Behind Kellachan.... was Andy Anderson around then? 

13 hours ago, a f kincaid said:

6 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Top pic, I think the second "biggest" Jags player after Glavin is Charlie Smith.

Bottom pic: The No. 7 looks more like Coulston than Gibson....

Behind Kellachan.... was Andy Anderson around then? 

Bottom pic: #7 does look more like Frank Coulston and the player in distance could be Forsyth, but I'm thinking that's Johnny Gibson.

Edited by thistle4celtic1
Too many quotes