Ict On Saturday

1 John Lambie

Looking forward to my first visit up to Inverness to see us playing ICT. Tough game, they haven't lost at home yet this season, but we've shown we can more than match them with our performance up there last season & also beating them at home earlier this season. With Motherwell playing RC (Motherwell also play SM next week) & SM playing Celtic, a good result should see us extend our lead over 2 of the teams below us. A victory really would put us in the pack for a top 6 place.

Presuming everyone is fit, I'd go for;

..........................Gallacher

O'Donnell.....Frans.....Seaborne.....McMillan

...................Osman.....Bannigan

............................Fraser

Elliott..............................................Higgy

...........................Doolan

Subs:

Fox

Balatoni

Carroll

Craigen

McDaid

Lawless

Stevenson

Edited by 1 John Lambie

Archie in the ET-

It is a mixed bag for Thistle this weekend on the injury front, with the Firhill boss revealing: "Frederic Frans is still struggling a bit so we probably won't have him back.

"We will give him every opportunity but it's a hamstring problem and we don't want to push him. Jake Carroll picked up a knock last week, which means he's definitely out.

"On the flip side, we have Nathan Eccleston and Jordan McMillan back in the squad, which hopefully will give us the boost we need to get the win."

ICT have under-soil heating.

Good- I'm not massively pessimistic about this game. Can't see us getting pumped, could be close.

We're 9/2 with the bookies, decent odds in a 2 horse race when we won the last race between the teams. I've included us in my usual value bet 6 doubles from 4 teams selected.

ICT are a big physical side. I guess that's come into Archie's mind when picking the team for this away fixture.

Why sign him again then if that's Archie's logic. Celtic big side, Aberdeen big side, hamilton? And Kilmarnock? That's the last 4 games we have played and he has been dropped in all. He was our best player at the time. Strange again fae Archie. Does he only see certain players playing against half the league?

Hope mr & mrs dools all the best over the weekend on their soon new arrival.

Edited by JaggyMad

• Members

I don't disagree he's had a good season so far and I was delighted when he re-signed during the close season. However, there are only 11 starting places and when you are playing a top of the league team away from home, chances are you are going to need a more physical presence than than Stevie provides.