Partick Thistle Vs Hamilton Academical. Saturday 24 October.

jagfox

Optimism has returned to the ranks after two great results. A few players showing greatly improved form and five goals in the last two games.

A tough yet winnable game against the Accies who have enjoyed a good first quarter to the season.

Captain Osman will be missing so a shoogle about in the midfield will be required. Various options available to the manager. Gary Fraser came through a full 90 minutes in the Development League game with Aberdeen so will come into contention along with Stevo, Muirhead, Edwards and David Wilson.

Gary Miller had a solid showing in Perth capped of with our second best goal of the season to date.

However he will be competing with Muzzy Dumbaya, our player of the month to start at right back.

Up front Mathias Pogba did a great job on Saturday and Doolan seemed cast adrift when he came on, but it is Hamilton we are playing but I'd expect Pogba to get the nod.

Academical are missing that we bampot Mackinnon and doubts about Ali Crawford's fitness.

Apart from that 5-0 blitzing there hasn't been much between the teams but if we can get the game plan right we have the quality to get another three points on the board.

jagfox official prediction: Thistle 2 Accies 1

You don't want to change a winning team so agree choice is.

RB - Miller or Dumbaya

Midfield - who replaces Osman. I was at Dundee Utd but not St J but appears Banzo played more fwd in both games so it's a question of:

Bannigan dropping back to more defensive with Muirhead or Stevenson attacking v Bannigan staying in same position and Fraser coming in.

I'd still go Doolan over Pogba especially with 4 goals last season.

Dundee United don't play till Sunday so if we can be 7 points clear of them before Sunday that would be a massive physchological boost and one I hope the players are hugely motivated for.

Would also set us up nicely for the hearts game - the players will be hopefully up for righting the poor performance at tynecastle and hearts have a cup game against Celtic on the Wednesday before our game which will hopefully be extra draining for them

Need to be careful not to get carried away, but I think the 3 points are very much there for the taking.

Hamilton are not a great team and without the advantage of their honking pitch, very, very beatable.

3-0 Jags. Pogba brace. Imrie sent off for being a fud.

That won't happen or he'd be permanently suspended

• Like 3

Perhaps a bit fanciful but Amoo could switch wings, Bannigan back to centre mid and Dumbaya could play in front of Miller.

As far as I can tell, our 2 recent victories have come with a switch to a right footed player playing on the right of the front 3, and a left footed player playing on the left - Amoo and Bannigan. I don't know whether it was tactical or through necessity, but I think we'll be reluctant to go back to those wide players preferring to cut in on the opposite foot for a couple of games yet.

Very cunning tactics! Lol!

As far as I can tell, our 2 recent victories have come with a switch to a right footed player playing on the right of the front 3, and a left footed player playing on the left - Amoo and Bannigan. I don't know whether it was tactical or through necessity, but I think we'll be reluctant to go back to those wide players preferring to cut in on the opposite foot for a couple of games yet.

Good point. I guess then it'll be Muirhead or Wee Stevie out left. Hopefully the former as moving Lawless from probably his best to his third best position should be unnecessary.

I don't think Welsh has been as poor as some folk have been saying. He does tho' seem to make more errors later in the game. I'm sure with Abdul's absence Welsh will play and Bannigan come inside. If the team set up is a success but Welsh continues to under perform Archie could just switch Osman for Sean for the following game. It could be that Archie prefers Banzo out wider, in a position that of course coincides with our two victories.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett
  • Like 1