Partick Thistle Vs Hamilton Academical. Saturday 24 October.

jagfox

We did not look like a team who had won there last 2 games.Imo we were bullied,apart from the first 20 mins of the second half we ever won a second ball,after we scored instead of trying to get a second we went back to playing as we did in the first half.Really missed a good chance to put pressure on the teams above us.Hope this is just a blip,because if we keep playing like that we will be relegated.Think some people on here are being a bit harsh on Pogba thought he took his goal well.We have played a lot better and lost.

Dumbaya may offer us much going forward but yesterday he was rarely in the right position for a right back.

I really think Miller with Dumbaya in front of him is potentially our best right side.

At least we hung on for a point, unlike the corresponding capitulation last year.

• Like 1

Dumbaya may offer us much going forward but yesterday he was rarely in the right position for a right back.

I really think Miller with Dumbaya in front of him is potentially our best right side.

At least we hung on for a point, unlike the corresponding capitulation last year.

You could be right. Was disappointed, especially when they were down to 10 men, that he didn't get himself forward a lot more. Amoo is the enigma here. Could be worth running with Miller at RB and playing Mustapha further forward and bringing Amoo on as a sub later on.

Edited by Lindau

Only positive today was managed to get to screwfix before it closed

Ref never got one decision right during the full game and the JHS linesman provided the comic relieve

but the main thing is and there's no doubt about it, Screwfix is the place for the professional builder..

Worst post of the season, so far.

Tool Station every time.

We were awful, but at least we got the draw. My worry is that I can't see who's going to finish in the bottom two places other than Thistle. Other teams will strengthen in January, can't see the same happening with us. I fear that we're stuck with an under-resourced squad and no way of seriously competing.

from the kick-off the ball was knocked back to walsh who blootered the ball into touch. what followed was one of the most depressing 90 minutes in the nearing 60 years i have been attending firhill. hamilton were pretty dire, we were even worse, with the ref and linesmen more than playing their part in a shambles of a so-called football match. in the week of the 44th anniversary of our greatest game', it was another reminder of how far scottish football in general has fallen...

• Like 3

from the kick-off the ball was knocked back to walsh who blootered the ball into touch. what followed was one of the most depressing 90 minutes in the nearing 60 years i have been attending firhill. hamilton were pretty dire, we were even worse, with the ref and linesmen more than playing their part in a shambles of a so-called football match. in the week of the 44th anniversary of our greatest game', it was another reminder of how far scottish football in general has fallen...

Correct

Do you really believe that there weren't any dire games in the Seventies or Eighties? As far as I can remember there has always been very poor football matches. I don't even think yesterday was that bad (second half anyway). I can recall plenty of poorer spectacles in recent seasons, incuding in our all-conquering championship season (first Falkirk away, first Aidrie away and first Dumbarton away come to mind as particularly brutal).

Do you really believe that there weren't any dire games in the Seventies or Eighties? As far as I can remember there has always been very poor football matches. I don't even think yesterday was that bad (second half anyway). I can recall plenty of poorer spectacles in recent seasons, incuding in our all-conquering championship season (first Falkirk away, first Aidrie away and first Dumbarton away come to mind as particularly brutal).

Wasn't that bad ? It was awful

miller stevenson frans doolan and muirhead all warmng the bench at kickoff

edwards making his first start

osman missing through suspension

after first 15 minutes you could see it wasn't working

really frustrating watching that especially opposition down to 10 men and we get the first goal

and to rub it in doolan comes on 5 mins from end

Agree with most of whats already been said it was a poor performance yesterday and the only positive to be gleaned was that we didn't manage to turn victory into defeat as I'm sure many fellow Jags fans also feared at one point.

As far as the overall performance there is little to be pleased about and much to be concerned about if this type of performance is replicated. What is particularly troubling is that after last week we should have been really up for this eminently winnable fiixture, instead we appeared surprisingly flat and should a disconcerting lack of either ambition or quality.

Although, I'm not one to persistently call for the managers heard after a poor performance: however, I found Archies decision to replace Pogba with Doolan particularly perplexing. As the Frenchman had just scored his goal forThistle and looked 'up for it', not to mention that the Accies central defenders height meant that Dools was unlikely to have much success in the air. A place we seemed fond of yesterday afternoon

I must give a word of praise to our opponents who did really well not only to draw level but in Imrie had by far the best player on the pitch yesterday.

Edited by stillresigned

Disappointed in what I watched today, thought we got outmuscled all over the park and it's a bad day when Martin Canning comes on and changes the game. Not sure what game Archie was watching but the tactics and substitutions should have happened at least 20 mins before they did. Watching the game thought Pogba was slow and cumbersome with little movement and Doolan should have been on much sooner to move their defence around especially when they were down to 10 men.

Got to be a huge improvement next week against Hearts if we're going to get a result.

No likes left, but this is what I saw too. Players have off days too, but that's no excuse for not trying, and the Hamilton players seemed to bully them physically, with Edwards particularly guilty of capitulating. When we win, we see our players getting up close to the opposition and in their faces when they're in possession, but when our players stand off and allow the opposition room and time in midfield, then the ball ends up threatening our goal.

• Like 1

This was Edwards' first introduction to Scottish Premiership Football where the shove in the back is a legitimate tactic for winning any ball. It must have come as a bit of a culture shock TBH.

Starting him on the left was a mistake, but the only "fix" that could really have been made before half-time was to swap him and Amoo.

Alas, Amoo seems utterly incapable of playing on the left on his wrong foot. He has no idea what to do - the cross for the goal aside of course :) I was one of the many who groaned when he cut back onto his right.

Instead, he (Edwards) was moved inside and Lawless came left. As noted above, Lawless does his best work in the centre of the 3. I reckon that weakened both positions.

We definitely missed Abdul in midfield & I reckon he'd have been the one picking up many of those desperate clearances in the 2nd half.

Anyway, bring on the Hertz.

Only bothered to read the last two pages of this thread so maybe this has already been said a few times. But I thought when players are off form and struggling to get it together what is needed is an "old head" to calm things down and have the nous to open up the opposition. The one guy I figured could do that was Stevenson. He has the experience, is a strong guy and doesn't get bullied and he can hold the ball well and pass. He can also act as a second striker. I guess Archie thought he needed more pace and width to get round ten men sitting back but the subs didn't do the business and Muirhead in particular was almost as feeble as Edwards had been. Thing is a draw feels as bad as a defeat when you have the good opportunity of a win (1-0 up with oppo a man down) and you throw it away due more to your own incompetence than the opposition's efforts. I still have faith in the management team - though they obviously still have a lot to learn - but it looks like it will be a long, hard season.

Just seen the highlights:

Amoo's attempt when clean through was shockingly poor

Seemed to be sitting very deep when they passed for Imrie to score

A point when you're shite isn't terrible as long as you're not shite all the time. I'll be back next week for the Hearts game. Haven't seen us lose yet but we'll need to improve or we'll be pumped

A lot of times people on here people go over the top when we have a bad game. This is not one of these occasions however. No other way to say it other than we were shocking throughout the game.

Archie has to take a lot of the blame here. Hamilton attacked us down the flacks early on and we had Amoo and Edwards out wide. Hamilton should have made more of this.

I have went on a lot about the midfield balance not being right and this game emphasized this. The loss of Osman was huge and if he gets injured we are in big trouble. Archie needs to act on this when the window reopens.

Amoo is a very frustrating player – he did set up the goal and got the Hamilton player sent off but other than that he was shocking. Archie would have taken him off but he did not want to take the pace out the side when they went a man down. He has to be more confident and stop turning back on himself when straight through.

Edwards was disappointing and looked very nervy – think he will improve on this. He can’t be a bad player if he played in the championship last year. He is lightweight however and defending is not his strong point on this evidence.

Lawless tries hard but in this type of game he struggles. I have no idea why Archie did not bring Stevo on. His experience and strength was needed in a midfield that struggled throughout the game.

I was very happy for the ref to blow his whistle at the end – Hamilton looked far more likely to score than us. Indeed Scully pulled off a very good save late on.

Seaborne was clearly man of the match and the only positive to take out the game was our defence looks good with him and Lindsay together. If the Hamilton player had not been sent off we would have lost – I have little doubt about that.

We are a week side mentally – Archie has got to figure out how to fix this. An experienced player like Stevo back in the side would be a good start.

What done Archie was the injury to Cerny, he was a little boy lost when it was time to bring someone off the bench. Every one knows what subs Archie is going to put on, sure the opposition discuss it as part of their pre-match talks on the bus to the game. Cerny going off threw a spanner right into the works.