Any Juicy Rumours? Who Are We Hoping To Bring In?

jagfaelivi

It is a tough one as there are various factors that will need be to taken in to consideration:

How much is being offered (assuming a club does make a bid), would they loan him back for the remainder of the season, how close to returning is Fraser, could we get a replacement in quickly?

I would not be for letting him go now for anything less than £250,000.

It's all about opinions allyo. I reckon a fit and committed Gary Fraser could fill the gap, but at the moment that is a big if. It's a hard one to call and one things for cert, it won't be anyone on here that will decide whether he stays or departs!

It certainly is about opinions.

For me, Gary Fraser's a talented player and hopefully has a bright future, but I wouldn't want to rely on him too heavily at the moment. Stuart Bannigan's been the beating heart of the team for the last three seasons, throughout all our success, has been virtually ever present and I'd hate to see us lose him at such a critical stage.

Gary Fraser is also a different type of player to Bannigan. Bannigan's game is all about linking play, creating space for others to move in and generally retaining possession. Fraser has a better range of passing and seems to be more about driving on from midfield and trying to be direct at goal.

I like Gary Fraser a lot, and I genuinely think that out of all the players we've had over the last few years he has the most potential, but I still don't think he's a replacement for Bannigan. My ideal midfield 3 would be Bannigan-Fraser-Osman with Welsh as cover so I'd definitely not feel comfortable selling Bannigan.

The idea that Fraser is a ready made replacement for Bannigan is wishful thinking in the extreme. This is Fraser's 3rd full season at the club and we haven't seen any sort of consistency from him in that time. His work rate compared to Banzo is night and day and they perform completely different roles in the team, Fraser plays a lot further forward while bannigan provides the link between the defence and midfield. The idea that we could sell Bannigan in this window and not be any worse off due to Gary Fraser, I'm afraid is pure fantasy.

• Like 3

would he? Any reason for thinking that if Hibs don't think he's good enough for the Championship? (yes, I know they thought the same with Booth but it doesn't always follow)

But that is not the question. Would he be better than Pogba/Nisbet ?

Academic as it appears that he has offers from England and Italy

See Mixu in the press today saying that he wants to sign Lawless. Strange how certain clubs go about their business, putting stuff in the press to upset players, clubs Tec.

Think we did everything in the proper manner 're Erskine and was only in the press after the deal was concluded, the cynic in me thinks Mixu is trying to upset our camp and particularly Lawless before Saturday, sad that they feel the need to do this to gain some sort of advantage.

All the more reason to Fump the sad Puckers on Saturday

See Mixu in the press today saying that he wants to sign Lawless. Strange how certain clubs go about their business, putting stuff in the press to upset players, clubs Tec.

Think we did everything in the proper manner 're Erskine and was only in the press after the deal was concluded, the cynic in me thinks Mixu is trying to upset our camp and particularly Lawless before Saturday, sad that they feel the need to do this to gain some sort of advantage.

All the more reason to Fump the sad Puckers on Saturday

No idea why Stevie Lawless would want to play in the Championship next year, the only thing Thistle forgot to do was put a picture of Chris Erskine actually signing the pre contract on the website.

Amateur mind games Mixu, I'm sure Archie is worried !!!

All I can say is ...... uff! :sad1:

Stuartie, can y'no' just sign a wee extension, give us a shift this season and some faith a youth system is financially viable? Two decent sized clubs with a keen interest, yer hot and ain't gonna cool if you help keep us up again. Come on big man ... furra jags! :fan:

And .... Stevie.... d'y' really wanna go to dungdee after what happened to c*nto marra' career, Pate's gaun jail-bait, the state of the club in general and the imminent return of The Bridge? Ah mean, i'm no great one for superstition but Jag to Arab is clearly jinxed. Forgedabourit!

I blame Archie.... naive, tactically inept in the transfer market, nae plan B .... blah blah blah....

Your all deluded if you can't see we're doomed to be perpetual underdogs.... meh!

I'm off to the "Richard Nixon and The Cup Vaults" to drown my sorrows and grumble! :drink:

In Archie I trust. :thumbsup2:

Suspect United would only want Lawless in exchange for letting Erskine leave this month. They are leaving it tight to get a replacement in should they let him go, and going by reports and his absence from the squad last weekend, Paatelainen doesn't appear too enthralled with Erskine's decision to sign a PCA. Getting a player like Lawless in exchange would be good business from United's perspective.

I suppose it all depends on whether Lawless intends to re-sign (which I was led to believe he does); if so then there's no deal. But if he's going to leave at the end of the year, Archie needs to decide if he'd rather have one or the other in the squad for the rest of this season which is a tough decision as both can be match-winners on their day.

I don't think Lawless will be too concerned about dropping down a level next season if he is on more money. As the Sevco situation has shown us, players are more than happy to drop down 2 or 3 divisions for the sake of a few hundred quid a week. Come to think of it, there were many of examples of this at Gretna and Livingston before that as well.

If United can offer him more money than us, he will sign a PCA. If that happens then a swap deal for Erskine before the end of this month is highly likely.