Dundee United Yesterday And Upcoming

jagfaelivi

The media ( mainly BBC Scotland, Preston and Gordon) were over the top about the Dundee strugglers' third win of the season yesterday. I watched the first half on Alba last night and, PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG, what I saw was a whole lot of punting the ball forward from the back against a fragile tractor drivers' defence. To suggest they were wonderful is hype as far as I'm concerned. At least the Ayrshire team tried to play passing football but got caught out.

Are WE going to be overwhelmed by this punt and run? I hope not. Comments please.

I fear a nervy Thistle start against a side that will come at us like a train. Hope Seabourne and partner stand firm. Scoring goals is clearly our problem. There may be transfer news by the weekend but it would be a baptism of fire.

Expect a deal to bring Erskine home early to be finalised on Saturday.

Let's not forget that we took 5 off Kilmarnock at Rugby Park. Draws are no use to Und now, they have got to go for it in every game and that started yesterday. Hopefully if they go gung ho at Firhill, they will pay the price. Take away last weeks blip, we have one of the best defences in the league. It is a big, big game next week. I know we all want a cup run, but I will take a win next week over a cup run.

Looking forward to it: United are generally a football playing team like ourselves if also like ourselves it doesn't always come off fo them. I thought they were truly awful at Tannadice earlier on in the season and to be fair we were not much better for most of that game. Should be a. very competitive match and I'm fairly sanguine about our prospects if we play well.

Further if we do well in next weeks game then that should give us the morale boost we need for the Cup game.

A little worried about this one.United have nothing to lose and will go for it with two up front. I think we struggled a bit with that for a while in the match with them. There could be space at the back for us if they commit early on looking for a goal but my big concern is the lack of our midfield getting forward and the almost total lack of service to Doolan in the last few weeks. Someone in the ICT post mentioned Welsh was pushed futher forward and looked better but we will struggle to score again with our three defensive midfielders sitting as they usually do. Would like to see GF make a return if fit.

Real discipline and concentration needed , we must not lose an early goal.

Imo we have been starting games a bit slow and playing into them.Ross Co game at Firhill we could have been a couple of goals down in the first 20mins thankfully we weren't and won it,but Dundee showed what can happen if the other ream take their chances.We cant afford to do that this Saturday.As has been said first goal in this game will be very important.Lets hope there is a big home support to get behind the team.

Weather watch might be required for this one. The mega snow storm that has hit the USA is crossing the Atlantic next week, not in the form of snow, but consistent heavy rain from midweek onwards. West of Scotland is one of the areas being predicted to be hit the worst!

Edited by Lindau

Weather watch might be required for this one. The mega snow storm that has hit the USA is crossing the Atlantic next week, not in the form of snow, but consistent heavy rain from midweek onwards. West of Scotland is one of the areas being predicted to be hit the worst!

Oh fantastic.

Is it just me or is the weather getting anyone else down? Been total crap since October. Sorry, off topic a bit, but it's depressing as hell.

• Like 2

agree with most posts in last twenty four hours.

so, let's get right into and about these eyesore dayglo tango duds of mixus mercenaries and judas's jokers from the off ..... give them no space or peace or time on the ball, stretch and pull them out of position and exploit the spaces and score a few early goals ..... let's do to united what their neighbours did to us the other week and get the three points secured long before halftime.

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind if the game was postponed this saturday. They will be on a high, so lets have someone else burst their bubble and we can finish them off when the confidence is not so high.

Wouldn't be too upset if it was postponed. I don't like the idea of playing them home and away. I feel we're the better team but back to back fixtures will probably negate our advantage somewhat. Then again a fixture backlog isn't exactly that welcome either.

If Dundee Utd are to stay up they will need to beat us and keep on winning after that.If we were to lose we would still be 9points ahead of them, but on another bad run as we would have taken only 2points from the last 5games since we beat Ross county.So is this a must win game for both teams?