Flat Earth

sabbath

I watched a youtube video about this (after my son sent me the link), and I just thought it was all a pretty poor spoof. And then, of course, it turns out that some people believe this stuff which is just really disturbing. Typical 'NASA tells you the earth is a spinning ball' guff as if NASA are the only holders of scientific endeavour for the last 3000 years...

File with "The moon landing was hoaxed" nonsense.

I thought it might be worth something for illustrating the power of critical thinking and the scientific method over blind belief, but it's s far off to be 'not even wrong'..

there are sites that are poor, you really have to spend some time looking the "Morgile" is the man. The most interesting fact throughout is you can prove the earth is flat, but you cant prove the globe, even the notion of gravity cant be proven. Its all a big conspiracy....................or is it....

The most interesting fact throughout is you can prove the earth is flat, but you cant prove the globe, even the notion of gravity cant be proven.

I've heard these views stated (ie you can't prove the earth is round, or that gravity exists), but they're just plain wrong.

There are several geometric exercises which can be used to demonstrate this, some of which were carried out in ancient times The geometrical results fundamentally differ between a flat surface and a curved geometry, even on the simplest experiment.

After Newton's theory of gravitation, there were experiments carried out (one famously on a Scottish mountain called Schiehallion, because of its regular shape) to determine the density of the earth and the gravitational constant. These and subsequent 18thC experiments demonstrated the general law that masses attract proportional to the product of their masses and inverse to the square of their distance.

And this is before you get to the modern age and the extremely sensitive experiments and observations we can make now (as well as just looking from a high enough distance). We've even recently detected gravitional waves, which I find just astonishing since this is an observation that not too long ago seemed beyond the capacity of measurement to detect.

One of the great things about science is the sense of wonder it creates. Flat Earth theories and their ilk destroy that.

This is absolutely priceless.

So Sabbath - are you telling us you believe the Earth is flat?

the evidence appears to be incontrovertible, the fact that even you yourself can prove there is no curvature given the accepted dimensions is conclusive in itself. there are a vast number of indisputable facts that show the world is flat, check out Eric Dubay, My perspective, the Morgile, Jeranism. go take a look...................

the evidence appears to be incontrovertible, the fact that even you yourself can prove there is no curvature given the accepted dimensions is conclusive in itself. there are a vast number of indisputable facts that show the world is flat, check out Eric Dubay, My perspective, the Morgile, Jeranism. go take a look...................

Have you ever been in a plane, flying at altitude and looked out the window?

It'll be exciting when you get to the edge, though. Do post and let us know what the view's like from there... ;-)
The edge would be the wall of ice protected by a treaty and the military sometimes referred to as Antarctica. Like the united Nations flag which shows Antarctica surrounding the earth, what lies beyond is an infinite plain..........keep up the research...............the truth is out there

The edge would be the wall of ice protected by a treaty and the military sometimes referred to as Antarctica. Like the united Nations flag which shows Antarctica surrounding the earth, what lies beyond is an infinite plain..........keep up the research...............the truth is out there

I used to think it was olive branches. Every day's a school day.

ephnjm.png

• Like 1

So all the pictures from space are false?

The fact you watch satellite TV broadcast from satellites that circle the earth is false?

The fact that a compass works due a spinning mass (the earth) is a joke?

The fact that in this day of flights ,boats and tv one has ever flown over or sailed to the edge of the world and filmed it makes it even more believable

• Like 1

So all the pictures from space are false? The fact you watch satellite TV broadcast from satellites that circle the earth is false? The fact that a compass works due a spinning mass (the earth) is a joke? The fact that in this day of flights ,boats and tv one has ever flown over or sailed to the edge of the world and filmed it makes it even more believable
I can see your obviously struggling with the premise. I urge you to just take a look at some of the work of the Morgile, Jeranism or even Mark Sargent. You will have more questions than answers, even the great Nikola Tesla it was all BS. As for facts, why would anyone trust a bunch of second world was Nazis......Go searching.......the truth is out there.........

so the earth is flat, hmmmm?

let's for a minute imagine i haven't had chewie and hapless hans do a flyby of earth in the millennium falcon with me in it, or that i've never visited the earth from space, or seen it in rear view mirror of the falcon as i've left it to train jedis in other galaxies ..... and i am only a mortal human whose feet has never left the ground.

in that imaginary situation now are we, good, begin i will.

if the earth is truly flat .....

what does the flat surface of the earth sit on?

or is this flat earth floating around on? water, or is it space, or what other entity or substance?

if antartica is a wall, the edge of the world, what is beyond it that the military are guarding? and does antartica surround the earth on all four sides, and if it does can you show me how? if it doesn't surround the flat earth, why doesn't the water in the oceans drain away by falling off the edge of the earth?

that bright burny looking thing in the sky that we sometimes see, that rises on one side of this flat earth, travels slowly across sky and then sets on the other side ..... is that a real round planet of fire, or is that flat too, or is it a cgi effect projected on a big screen canopy that covers the earth? and if it is not fake, how does the burny bright round planet jump from one side of the flat earth when it sets back later to where it rises again next day ..... does someone switch the burny light off or does it have a cloaking device?

same goes for all these other allegedly round planets people see in the night sky ..... are they not round either or like the often rarely seen bright burny thing are they projected onto this big canopy screen that covers the flat earth like a roof?

and if it isn't a real galaxy we see above us and other galaxies we see from standing on this flat earth, and these are not real planets, stars, and galaxies we see, but are in fact cgi on this big canopy screen, who invented this technology and how many millions or billions of years ago was it constructed?

i've many more questions but specific answers to these questions will do for now.

thanks in advance, now let us pray for the truth to come out.

Edited by yoda-jag