Euros

cyprusjag

If I was you mate, I'd just be glad not to be banned for that racist shite.

what racist shit? if you are going to slander me for racism i want you to provide details of anything racist that i said, bet you can't because there was nothing racist at all !

Edited by Pinhead

Watching the Belgium Italy game from a pause of about half an hour. Simply joyous to see liberal lashings of red, yella and black in such a flamboyantly designed kit on the big stage. Ooooooo. Does it for me.

I might even facilitate trials by the nolly for one or two of them. Not their defenders, though, they're rather pish if I may say so.

I think Belgium might just deliver this time

bit like Spain of the late 70's and 80's and Portugal of 90's and 00's some really good individuals , but as a group never hit the mark consistently.

as for Italia, i thought hang on, I saw this team play in 70's and the 80's, a Juve back four (Cervara proud of Gigi again), there is no libero like Scirea, Baresi or number 10 Divine ponytail, there is though a solid no nonsense group who just need a striker to hit form and like Bettaga or Rossi turn scraps into Gold. Not the best entertainment at times, but it will take some good stuff to beat them and it feels like 1982 level of expectations.

watching the Copa de America and attending the semi final , hopefully Argentina versus USA/Ecuador , but Brasil were major disappointment and Dunga looks like he's for the chop.

Uruguay, what can you say, with Suarez stripped waiting to go on to pull them out the fire and no Uruguayan team official/manager told him that he wasn't listed on the team sheet to play he found this out in the 75 minute and then !!!! and as for Cavani, how he gets the kudo's at PSG , he is , to my eyes the most ineffective and overrated player of the so called elite players, he cant buy a goal and there is 3 minutes left against Jamaica and his teammates are trying to put it on a plate and he's still missing them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewqFfvPVorE

Forza Italia !!

Edited by banderas

Can anyone explain what exactly the function is of those "assistants" on the bye lines??

Ideally suited to ref in the SPFL !

in the copa de america they aren't there, probably the difference is Dunga keeping his job with Brasil or going out to the hand of Peru.

https://www.youtube....h?v=trNPb7b_WCg

Edited by banderas

I see Greg Dyke at the FA is getting his retaliation in first. A predecessor of his, David Davies, says due to heightened security the situation is even more intolerable than in his days. The French public are none to happy with both these disturbances and the potential for further unrest in the North of France.

The one thing that Dyke, Davies, the French people, the security forces, Putin and the football public at large are all in agreement about is what's gone on before will be nothing compared to what could happen tomorrow evening in Marseilles. Willie Collum is to referee the France v Albania game!!!!

Let us all pray.

Well, that was a good prediction....

Hahaha. To be fair, Sandy, I don't think you were on your own. I kinda fancied them to do well myself. Italy were as effective as Belgium were disappointing. The Belgians might just still have a say in the outcome of the group, and then who knows. Still loving the kit.

I see Greg Dyke at the FA is getting his retaliation in first. A predecessor of his, David Davies, says due to heightened security the situation is even more intolerable than in his days. The French public are none to happy with both these disturbances and the potential for further unrest in the North of France.

The one thing that Dyke, Davies, the French people, the security forces, Putin and the football public at large are all in agreement about is what's gone on before will be nothing compared to what could happen tomorrow evening in Marseilles. Willie Collum is to referee the France v Albania game!!!!

Let us all pray.

Oh good lord! :o:help: