6 Degrees Of Separation

BowenBoys

end of your first line (and last sentence) is pretty accurate. It is of course extremely tenious in many cases. Therein lies the fun

To be topical, I could argue I know a guy living in the village on Lewis who knows who stays in the house that Donald Trump's mother lived. The owner now knows DT so I am connected by 3 degrees...maybe I shouldn't admit that!!!

Be back with my jaggy ones later.

BTW do any of the Hebridean Jags know the origin of the house in Gress called "Firhill" which long had yellow, red & black paint on the gateposts?

Funny that; there's a similar cottage called "Firhill" with some RY&B in Drumguish, a few miles outside of Kingussie.

Funny that; there's a similar cottage called "Firhill" with some RY&B in Drumguish, a few miles outside of Kingussie.

an early version of recognising the "Nomads" before the internet?

3 x 2 = 6

1) local chum in early teens had a brother playing for the Jags - surname Mullin (Alan maybe?). Ended up as ballboy a few times through that.

2) local estate keeper I met was a pal of Kenny Arthur.

3) Occasionally meet the father of one of our current squad in sports centre

If I knew potty trained I would be 2 steps away from a tonne of thistle players. Etc etc.

Just realised, I am literally 6 steps away from Lindsay Hamilton

although this is degrees of separation, not steps... so wtf am i havering about!!!

Too much coffee this morning.

Edited by potty trained

My girlfriend and I rented Geordie Shaw's house a few years ago. When we went to view it he opened the door and I lamely exclaimed "You're George Shaw, eh?" :wall: He was brand new though, brought a pile of old photos out that various newspaper photographers had given him over the years.

Remember Alex Martin? A member of our forgettable squad during John McVeigh era. He stayed down the road from my parents and I was always on "Awrite mate" terms with him. Used to go in to the local when he was with us (but wasn't playing) every Saturday night wearing his PTFC suit with the stealth bomber badge embroidered on it :lol:

Alex Martin was one of my neighbours a few years back. Nice guy, apart from his support of Rangers (and England instead of Scotland). A few years back during the World Cup, on the nights that England played, I flew the flag of their opponents at my front door. I looked out one night to discover that he had covered his lawn in England bunting.

His mates later thanked me for winding him up so much.

He told me that he could not understand why McVeigh signed him as apparently McVeigh hated him.

end of your first line (and last sentence) is pretty accurate. It is of course extremely tenious in many cases. Therein lies the fun

To be topical, I could argue I know a guy living in the village on Lewis who knows who stays in the house that Donald Trump's mother lived. The owner now knows DT so I am connected by 3 degrees...maybe I shouldn't admit that!!!

Be back with my jaggy ones later.

BTW do any of the Hebridean Jags know the origin of the house in Gress called "Firhill" which long had yellow, red & black paint on the gateposts?

Chuir mi a-mach luchd-brathaidh a dh'innseas dhomh a dh'aithghearr cò tha a' fuireach an sin.

(I've sent out spies who will tell me soon who lives there.)

Sat on a train going up to an Aberdeen away game - late 70s or thereabouts

In the opposite block of four seats is Harry Johnston - going to Montrose to whence he had returned after signing for us from Montrose

Fast forward 30+ years and son has a Mr Johnston as his PE teacher

Ask son to ask Mr Johnston why he only scored for us against the (now defunct) Glasgow Rangers (well 2 out of his 3 goals for the club)

Son duly asks said teacher - Mr Johnston just smiled apparently

Knew Harry for years through schools cricket while he was a PE teacher at stonelaw - had no bl**dy idea he was an ex-Jag but he probably liked it that way - in my defence I was only 9 or 10 at the time he was playng.

partick-thistle-harry-johnston-514-panini-football-78-sticker-5123-p[ekm]219x300[ekm].jpg

Remember a few years back after he retired we went round to stonelaw for a match on their astro - guy opened up the cricket container and we had a blether in the pishing rain while the bairns set up the pitch - told hom Harry had left no forwarding address or phone number & he said 'don't worry you don't contact Harry, he'll find you!" ... ten minutes later Harry and his familiar baggy trackie appeared out of thin air. class - hpe he's doing OK and having a well earned retirement :thumbsup2:

Knew Harry for years through schools cricket while he was a PE teacher at stonelaw - had no bl**dy idea he was an ex-Jag but he probably liked it that way - in my defence I was only 9 or 10 at the time he was playng.

partick-thistle-harry-johnston-514-panini-football-78-sticker-5123-p[ekm]219x300[ekm].jpg

Remember a few years back after he retired we went round to stonelaw for a match on their astro - guy opened up the cricket container and we had a blether in the pishing rain while the bairns set up the pitch - told hom Harry had left no forwarding address or phone number & he said 'don't worry you don't contact Harry, he'll find you!" ... ten minutes later Harry and his familiar baggy trackie appeared out of thin air. class - hpe he's doing OK and having a well earned retirement :thumbsup2:

Played for Scotland and listed as HGF Johnston iirc

One of John Lambies' doos shat on a cousin of mine who used to date the girl friend of a man who taught Dick Campbell how to put up soffits and guttering, and who, realising that Campbell would never make a competent tradesman, introduced him to football management and has regretted it ever since.

I am Martin Grehan.

But seriously Dick Staite was the guest speaker at the prizegiving in my final year at school. When called up onto the stage to receive a prize I snuck a Thistle scarf out of my back pocket and handed it to him on stage.

The look on the face of the Depute Head was absolute murder :lol:

Edited by Woodstock Jag