Swindon Want Archie

Lindau

Just heard Ian McCall on Radio Scotland say he doesn't know what Archie's thoughts are but he thinks it might be a job that would interest him. I'm not sure why though if he already turned down Shrewsbury? Added to the fact that Swindon are already relegated so will be in League Two next season.

I suppose it depends on if Archie really does believe there is more room for improvement at Firhill, or if the budget constraints will make him think this is as far as he can go.

If you look at the Alan Stubbs experience at Rotherham or the Derek McInnes flirtation with Bristol City then you might advise caution - but on the other hand Derek Adams has done pretty well at Plymouth - so perhaps it's swings and roundabouts.

If Archie did go who would you want to replace him?

My shortist would be

Houston, elvis , Lennon Danny or Ross

If he didn't go with Archie I think Scott Paterson would be given first option, with maybe Scott McKenzie as No 2. The two of them know the workings of the club. If that's the case, let's hope it turns out better than the Gerry Collins appointment.

Edited by Lindau
  • Like 1

Just heard Ian McCall on Radio Scotland say he doesn't know what Archie's thoughts are but he thinks it might be a job that would interest him. I'm not sure why though if he already turned down Shrewsbury? Added to the fact that Swindon are already relegated so will be in League Two next season.

I suppose it depends on if Archie really does believe there is more room for improvement at Firhill, or if the budget constraints will make him think this is as far as he can go.

I think it will take a lot more than Swindon for Archie to leave Thistle.

Maybe Ian McCall would like Archie to leave as he would love the Jags job!!

I think he'll be here to see the Academy opened.

Agree with this. For Archie to leave before that it would need to be an opportunity of a life time.

Not saying that definitely won't happen. Just that Swindon Town does not exactly fall in to that category.

• Like 1

It's crystal clear that Archie has done a far better job at Thistle than Alex Neil ever did at Hamilton Accies. How he got the Norwich job still puzzles me.

However, it shows that these jobs are realistic for guys like that. I'd like to see Archie hang on until one of the top 30 clubs in England want him. That should be his target and I think it's achievable.

Nobody would have any complaints if he left to go to someone like Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday, even Preston North End

It's crystal clear that Archie has done a far better job at Thistle than Alex Neil ever did at Hamilton Accies. How he got the Norwich job still puzzles me.

However, it shows that these jobs are realistic for guys like that. I'd like to see Archie hang on until one of the top 30 clubs in England want him. That should be his target and I think it's achievable.

Nobody would have any complaints if he left to go to someone like Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday, even Preston North End

He got the Norwich job on the back of beating Hibs in the playoffs and a fantastic start to the following season including a win at Celtic park

However, it shows that these jobs are realistic for guys like that.

Neil got over two years at Norwich. These days that's a rather lengthy spell. Wonder how many years he would have had to be manager at Accies to earn what he got down there? Billy Reid, who was arguably a more successful Accies manager, will only have earned a fraction of what Neil got paid despite being at NDP for years.

Such is the fickleness of the management malarkey you maybe only get one shot of earning big bucks, so you can't blame any manager jumping at the first decent offer that comes along from down south. Just feel that Archie has so much security at Firhill that he can afford to take his time till something a good bit better comes along.

I think Archie can be the manager here for as long as he wants it.

For a manager, that is a fabulous position to be in. Frankly diddy teams are unlikely to attract him. They expect results in fractions of a season. Archie does it over several seasons.Our board of directors said, towards the end of last season when we were perilously close to relegation that they would back Archie, even if we went down. That is solidarity.

I think his replacement will come from within, after Man U come calling.

It may either be Scott MacKenzie,, Scott Paterson or Kris Doolan. Or all three to ease the burden of replacing our best ever manager.

• Like 2