Jags V Dons

I'm not happy losing 0-X to the Dons, but put things in perspective.

18 years ago we were in the third tier, journeymen players, no money. This season has seen continued incremental progress.

Let's get behind the Jags for next season; we can learn from this today

I don't think anyone isnt going to get behind the team for next season that's not the point

The posh today is the point

I understand the anger, but put today and last game v Celtic in perspective. We have run both teams close this season.

i have a season ticket so doesn't affect me. But someone on a low wage unable to afford a season ticket at start of season but determined to follow their team could have spent a small fortune going to st johnstone, firhill Thursday and today to watch their heroes on far better wages than they will be but see their heroes not try a leg and really the supporter deserves a bit better Sandy mate
  • Like 1

We've only been pumped twice this season and it was the last two games of the season. A rampant Celtic team and an Aberdeen team that are playing for Cup Final places. Today we are desperately short of players and having to fill in as best we can.

• Like 2

i have a season ticket so doesn't affect me. But someone on a low wage unable to afford a season ticket at start of season but determined to follow their team could have spent a small fortune going to st johnstone, firhill Thursday and today to watch their heroes on far better wages than they will be but see their heroes not try a leg and really the supporter deserves a bit better Sandy mate

Maybe Matt. But if I had been on low wages, I'd have prioritisedthe games before the split to secure Top 6. These last two games have been relatively meaningless in terms of final league outcome.

Worrying that since the Swindon Town thing that they have wrapped it. Is he going? On the Swindon fans forum they believe he applied for the job?

Archie under contract until 2019, him and the board have stated there has been no approach. Someone at our end would have to be telling pretty large porkies For thatbto be the case.

We were missing half a team granted but....

The attitude of some of the players was disgraceful.

Tactics dubious as well, Lindsay at full back then lawless?

Lindsay played like a guy courting a big move and not wanting to get injured.

The 4 young boys can be proud of their efforts, especially Fleming who had 2 red hot wingers to deal with. He's obviously nowhere near ready for this level but he stuck at it and kept it simple.

well done to the few players who faced up to the fans at the end. Fairly obvious the ones heading straight for the tunnel.

The fans did well to keep going as well, North stand in good voice.

Terrible end to a good season, hoping it's not Archie's last in charge.

• Like 2

Today's and recent performances since making top six have been inexcusable and to anyone saying it has been a great season and to cut them slack just no! What happened to professional pride? Playing for the fans who pay good money? Or at worst showing a bit of passion. We are a good team, way better than recent performances would suggest but recent games make me think we have a severe mental weakness throughout the team with nobody willing to pull the socks up and roll up the sleeves and get in about it! Possibly the same issue that leads us to losing late goals and games in the dying minutes. The players deserve credit for finishing so high but just as they deserve credit for that they also deserve a rocket up the arse and criticism for the recent shambolic performances!

• Like 2

I agree with Pinhead.

Between Thursday and today, that is close to £50 in tickets to watch a team who quite obviously could not be arsed. Disgusting performance today. Being 5-0 at HT is reminiscent of the old Gretna days.

I read Archie's excuse on the BBC website which was also nonsense. With the exception McCarthy, that was still a reasonably strong starting XI. Yes, a few guys were out of position, but between Keown, Lindsay, Barton at the back, we should never had shipped 6! Also, our midfield was full of attacking players who did nothing to trouble the Aberdeen goal, with the exception of Azeez's traditional miss. I though "what the hell are you doing Archie throwing the young boys on in the middle of a demolition job," but ironically it was the young players who stopped that from being an utter capitulation.

Don't know what has happened since the split, but basically since the bottle crashed against Rangers, we have been hopeless, even at full strength.

It's been a good season, and I though the support from the NS summed that up today. But honestly, based on the last few games, the boys don't deserve the support they got. Whoever is in charge over the summer needs to realise that any one of 3 or 4 teams could have slipped into the Top-6, and that fact that we did is not indicative of major superior ability. Hopefully we can ship out some dead wood, bring in a few quality players, and add some depth in terms of young players which will be essential to survive what could be a very competitive Premiership next season.

(Also, one major change for next season needs to be the stewarding in the NS. The same group of young morons spent the entire match throwing stuff on the pitch, and running around the top of the stand like idiots. This isn't the first time it has happened, and is absolutely embarrassing).

Edited by Yellow & Redneck

It really doesn't matter if it's end of season or not, people have paid their money for an entertainment spectacle and expect the best possible performance from those involved.

The management also made a wrong call today, it's better to have inexperienced players in the right position than experienced players playing out of position.

Some players who took an early exit in the game today should not be back next year in my opinion.

We need to look at a higher class of player for next year. So far we've done well with picking up good players with a dodgy injury record but we now need to look higher up the leagues for stronger more physical players to participate. Celtic (and probably Aberdeen) have shifted the goalposts in SPFL quality, and while we might not be able to keep up with them financially we should be able to at least aspire to a different way of playing football.

It's a different class of footballer we need at Thistle for next year and we should by now have the financial stability to bring them in.

a bit shite that Archie and the rest of the players never came over to thank the fans who stayed til the end, at least David Beattie and Jacqui Low came over to shake hands with the fans, they seemed really embarassed about it.surely Archie won't want to (or mibby he will) leave after that result and without saying bye to the fans. someone has posted something on twitter saying he seen Welsh after the game who said he won't be back, along with Lawless, Lindsay and Archie. I hope they take Amoo and Azeez with them if they are off!

Last few games have been terrible but I don't understand people talking about us needing a better class of player. The players we have this season finished sixth. And they did so comfortably, despite some weakness late in games and a poor start. We only lost once all season to teams in the bottom six. They're good enough, I think most people would say the season has been a good one, but there is also room for improvement in the team we have, if they cut out the lapses.

End of season has been rubbish, and it's fair enough to be angry about it. I have a season ticket but if I'd shelled out on the day then I might be more annoyed. But it doesn't make them a bad team.

Thought the north stand was brilliant today in lifting the atmosphere and allowing the season to end with a bit of pride despite the performance.

• Like 1

a bit shite that Archie and the rest of the players never came over to thank the fans who stayed til the end, at least David Beattie and Jacqui Low came over to shake hands with the fans, they seemed really embarassed about it.surely Archie won't want to (or mibby he will) leave after that result and without saying bye to the fans. someone has posted something on twitter saying he seen Welsh after the game who said he won't be back, along with Lawless, Lindsay and Archie. I hope they take Amoo and Azeez with them if they are off!

Someone buying him? Good!

ok we finished in 6 th position in the league great achievement but in reality what did we get out of it..The first 82 mins against rangers were great then we collapsed .Thursday night against Celtic was 5 going on 10...Today was just embarrassing. has any other team in the league been 5 down at half time all season???..I would have been happier to Finnish 7 in comfort and win games against the bottom 6...It would be interesting to know how much more money we made from our 6 place Finnish ..

ok we finished in 6 th position in the league great achievement but in reality what did we get out of it..The first 82 mins against rangers were great then we collapsed .Thursday night against Celtic was 5 going on 10...Today was just embarrassing. has any other team in the league been 5 down at half time all season???..I would have been happier to Finnish 7 in comfort and win games against the bottom 6...It would be interesting to know how much more money we made from our 6 place Finnish ..

From here on Planet Earth I would say probably about 300k.

A st johnstone poster on pie and bovril points out that in their 1st top 6 season their last 6 games were a disaster too. Not sure on money but I reckon we've got an extra 200k in revenue compared with 7th, based on rangers and Celtic crowds and the higher place finish. Hopefully that extra cash will help us push on and help us repeat what SJ have achieved in the next seasons