New Home Kit?

lithgaejag

emailed for some help with sizing just before the away top came out as I can't get to the shop, got a generic response so replied asking for more detail.....still waiting. Appreciate that the deal with TTL probably makes commercial sense but can't say I'm impressed either with their customer service or the range of merchandise available

emailed for some help with sizing just before the away top came out as I can't get to the shop, got a generic response so replied asking for more detail.....still waiting. Appreciate that the deal with TTL probably makes commercial sense but can't say I'm impressed either with their customer service or the range of merchandise available

http://www.joma-sport.com/en/size-chart

What is it you don't like about the range of merchandise? I quite liked this year's. Better tHan the last couple.

http://www.joma-sport.com/en/size-chart

What is it you don't like about the range of merchandise? I quite liked this year's. Better tHan the last couple

Granted there appear to be a couple more sweatshirt options but IMO the selection is limited & not particularly exciting or innovative. Would like to see a few Thistle t shirts, not just training kit for example and let's get rid of the stuff with old badges, sponsors etc on them

No option was offered - should it make a difference?

Id imagine so. As far as I knew they don't do SPFL numbers. So can only do Joma numbers. Maybe they don't have a licence. With that in mind, if you wanted the official font, maybe they take the tops elsewhere? Then I can understand the wait. If you just wanted a standard font joma number I find it baffling they couldn't do them there and then.

This should all have been explained to you though. If they told me 3 days I'd be asking for a better explanation than, we're busy.

• Like 1

Granted there appear to be a couple more sweatshirt options but IMO the selection is limited & not particularly exciting or innovative. Would like to see a few Thistle t shirts, not just training kit for example and let's get rid of the stuff with old badges, sponsors etc on them

Was the link of any use?

Regards the range. TTL are a sportswear manufacturer. They stock sportswear. Id say this seasons range in that regard, is some of the best we've had.

In regards to tat. They don't do that, so probably aren't swimming in relevant contacts, to outsource that sort of stuff to.

TTL and Thistle between them have made a half arsed attempt at it. Some jigsaws and sweets and some high mark up tankards and crystal or some such stuff.

I think, if the club wanted to expand the range, they'd need to go to someone like Provan Sports who do St Mirren's tat alongside TTL'S sportswear. And I believe, do it very well.

Edited by potty trained

Id imagine so. As far as I knew they don't do SPFL numbers. So can only do Joma numbers. Maybe they don't have a licence. With that in mind, if you wanted the official font, maybe they take the tops elsewhere? Then I can understand the wait. If you just wanted a standard font joma number I find it baffling they couldn't do them there and then.

This should all have been explained to you though. If they told me 3 days I'd be asking for a better explanation than, we're busy.

Just Joma numbers Dave. I ordered a top with a name and number as a gift. Got told I could add it online but could only find a note on the web form so added in there. Got confirmation order was received.

Went up a couple of days later, no order as apparently there is an option to add a name and number online. (I still can't see it, maybe it's a pop Up?)

Anyway, no worries got it added after waiting fir ten minutes at the store.

Up to buy the new kit for the boy today. Can we get a name and number in the back? Certainly will be ready on Friday. 3/4 days to put on a name as they are busy.

Absolute shambles of an organisation.

I just go in to Celtic Shop. Takes 10 minutes.

• Like 1

and they will put the numbers into a jags top?

Yes. They make you sign a form saying "Not bought in this shop". Honestly.

You do feel a bit dirty going into the shop though. Two years ago I think it was £10 or £12 for a number & name. At that time, the only other shop that could do the SPFL font & numbers was Greaves, who wanted £18 or £20.

Overall, it seems an obvious gap in the TTL offering, given the issue is usually finding someone with the machine to do the printing. Plus, TTL must do the correct printing for Thistle, unless AA takes a job lot to the C-shop as well.

and they will put the numbers into a jags top?

Yes. I go to the one at Clydebank, the guy that does it says he does a few Jags tops. Cost £15 for name and number.

I went to Greaves a few years back and they wanted £30.

Edited by Jag
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

1fafwn.png

Was having a wee peruse of retro World Cup strips earlier and spotted this Colombia "Mashup" effort.

Obviously the blue flash on the sleeve is wrong, and I'm only dreaming, but would be well up for this as a Jags strip.

The upside down number on the back rather appeals too for some reason.

4 hours ago, Sinistar said:

1fafwn.png

Was having a wee peruse of retro World Cup strips earlier and spotted this Colombia "Mashup" effort.

Obviously the blue flash on the sleeve is wrong, and I'm only dreaming, but would be well up for this as a Jags strip.

That's horrific, wouldn't surprise me if Joma came up with another shite kit

13 hours ago, Sinistar said:

1fafwn.png

That's giving me a migraine attack.

On 18/04/2018 at 12:11 AM, sandy said:

The standard Joma templates do not inspire

"Joma 50Y" its the only one worth considering.

Obviously this is a blank canvas. Red and yellow hoops with a black collar. White shorts and red socks. 

I'd be happy with that. 

Joma-50Y-Shirt-Short-Sleeve.jpg

Edited by potty trained

On 4/18/2018 at 2:00 AM, Jaggernaut said:

Apart from the claret and light blue away tops, I can't remember us having this kind of design. 

I'd be up for this... maybe we'd play a bit more like Arsenal.

rockstaer_mks01-img600x600-1511443058xpacmn27663.jpg

Arsenal?

A frustratingly inconsistent team with the longest serving manager in the league?..

.......oh wait a mo!