Agm And Annual Accounts

javeajag

I would hope we would have indoor facilities. We can use it all the time and even rent it out to help costs. Our weather is brutal November to March and not that good inbetween.

Renting out would provide a useful income stream tho' I suppose a lot depends on where the facilities are situated. Could be if we're in a "high demand" area the local authority will provide favourable terms on the proviso we do allow lets. Would also fit in with promoting the Club in some way or other. Everyone a winner so to speak. Also as being perennial tenants, jumping from place to place to find suitable and available training premises, we shouldn't make naive landlords.

In practice just how much opportunity there is (time wise) to rent out will be a different matter. The first team, development squad and the different academy teams will all be using the facilities. Nice problem to have.

• 4 months later...
On 9/22/2017 at 8:32 AM, Lambies Lost Doo said:

I would hope we would have indoor facilities. We can use it all the time and even rent it out to help costs. Our weather is brutal November to March and not that good inbetween.

You have certainly been proved correct this year! Totally agree with your point about the training facility having indoor facilities as well because if we get weather like we have had over recent months as a regular event then it won't matter how good the outdoor pitches are.

21 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

You have certainly been proved correct this year! Totally agree with your point about the training facility having indoor facilities as well because if we get weather like we have had over recent months as a regular event then it won't matter how good the outdoor pitches are.

I was just wondering how we went about training at this moment of time, well, this week anyway.  I imagine we've booked Toryglen or the likes but it no doubt throws up logistical problems and last minute mad scrambles. I assume we plan to head off for Inverness or wherever on Friday morning, again making training time this week that bit tighter.  The better our training facilities turn out to be the better prepared we'll be for games like this weekend, where the home side's undoubted  advantage will be that bit less.

4 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I was just wondering how we went about training at this moment of time, well, this week anyway.  I imagine we've booked Toryglen or the likes but it no doubt throws up logistical problems and last minute mad scrambles. I assume we plan to head off for Inverness or wherever on Friday morning, again making training time this week that bit tighter.  The better our training facilities turn out to be the better prepared we'll be for games like this weekend, where the home side's undoubted  advantage will be that bit less.

Someone had posted on Facebook that the weather near DIngwall Inverness area was not as bad as down Glasgow way - so it maybe that Ross County are able to carry on with their usual training facilities - besides do they not use that huge new Highland Football Centre anyway which is indoor - so there training facilities are not likely to be as disrupted as ours - though it maybe that come friday the team bus is not even able to depart from Glasgow to journey up North

9 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Someone had posted on Facebook that the weather near DIngwall Inverness area was not as bad as down Glasgow way - so it maybe that Ross County are able to carry on with their usual training facilities - besides do they not use that huge new Highland Football Centre anyway which is indoor - so there training facilities are not likely to be as disrupted as ours - though it maybe that come friday the team bus is not even able to depart from Glasgow to journey up North

Let's hope that if there's any real danger of postponement they'll make the decision in plenty of time, before either the team or supporters start to travel.

9 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Yesterday marked the 12th anniversary of the legendary Dave the Ukrainian game in Alloa.

Those who weren't at the Recs that evening may be a little surprised to note it was even colder back then than last night.

That reminds me that last night I was thinking about several journeyman foreign players who got some kind of deal with us and who basically did nothing to deserve it or even made things worse for us. Dave the U, David Klein, Mooc, Nitriansky... probably many more whose names I don't even remember. Why is it that managers get duped so regularly by agents? Is it in the hope that one in 5 or 6 might turn out to be a gem? If so, I suppose the same could apply to signings from closer to home as well: the odd special player among too many non-entities. 

Don't get me started on those who were supposed to have some kind of "pedigree"... the Cadettes, Bonnes... But again there are also plenty of home-grown duds who could/should have done much much better for us than they did. 

Don't really know what I'm getting at, haha.

Edited by Jaggernaut

21 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

That reminds me that last night I was thinking about several journeyman foreign players who got some kind of deal with us and who basically did nothing to deserve it or even made things worse for us. Dave the U, David Klein, Mooc, Nitriansky... probably many more whose names I don't even remember. Why is it that managers get duped so regularly by agents? Is it in the hope that one in 5 or 6 might turn out to be a gem? If so, I suppose the same could apply to signings from closer to home as well: the odd special player among too many non-entities. 

Don't get me started on those who were supposed to have some kind of "pedigree"... the Cadettes, Bonnes... But again there are also plenty of home-grown duds who could/should have done much much better for us than they did. 

Don't really know what I'm getting at, haha.

Think it is like the common theory these days in football, they have a fancy foreign name so they must be good. A lot of our fans are guilty of that as well....

1 hour ago, Pinhead said:

Think it is like the common theory these days in football, they have a fancy foreign name so they must be good. A lot of our fans are guilty of that as well....

Agree. I think there's a tendency to celebrate the exceptions to the rule on a wildly disproportionate basis to the legions of foreign journeymen that have flopped.  

2 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Agree. I think there's a tendency to celebrate the exceptions to the rule on a wildly disproportionate basis to the legions of foreign journeymen that have flopped.  

It would be interesting to see a list of all our foreign signings (I'd exclude Britain and Ireland), and people's marks for them out of 10. With a few high-scoring exceptions (e.g., Lindau, Santala, Escalas), I reckon the average score would be around 1 or 2 !

Let's think: Bonnes, Cadette, Klein, Mooc, Dave, Nitriansky, Anis, One..... 

Actually, the average score might even be negative!

Edited by Jaggernaut

41 minutes ago, scotty said:

Have they even decided on the location? Seems premature to be designing the interior before getting the site.

It's not really an interior design issue. I would have thought that they  have to plan the facilities in order to know the footprint before finding somewhere to put it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

It's not really an interior design issue. I would have thought that they  have to plan the facilities in order to know the footprint before finding somewhere to put it.

'Spose so. Just seems to have gone all quiet on the whole thing.

1 hour ago, scotty said:

Have they even decided on the location? Seems premature to be designing the interior before getting the site.

I seem to mind back in the summer being told that everything was in place apart from finalising the actual location. That might suggest that the sites being considered are all of similar valuation. Otherwise I see where you're coming from. As it's a set amount put up by the Weir's if the valuation bands are more extreme then so too would the square footage etc.

17 hours ago, Pinhead said:

Just look at the over hyped EPL.A lot of players vastly over rated and overpaid.

18 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

It would be interesting to see a list of all our foreign signings (I'd exclude Britain and Ireland), and people's marks for them out of 10. With a few high-scoring exceptions (e.g., Lindau, Santala, Escalas), I reckon the average score would be around 1 or 2 !

Let's think: Bonnes, Cadette, Klein, Mooc, Dave, Nitriansky, Anis, One..... 

Actually, the average score might even be negative!

Quinton Jacobs, Tomas Cerny, Ryan Edwards, Abdul Osman and Muzzy Dumbuya might bring the average up somewhat as would the man from Montserrat Lyle Taylor. Even players like Simon Storey were reasonable and would merit a 5. 

Edited by partickthedog
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

Quinton Jacobs, Tomas Cerny, Ryan Edwards, Abdul Osman and Muzzy Dumbuya might bring the average up somewhat as would the man from Montserrat Lyle Talor. Even players like Simon Storey were reasonable and would merit a 5. 

Ryan McGowan too.

Not really sure what Nitriansky has done to be included in the negatives. He wasn't John Hansen, but he certainly wasn't David Kennedy.

5 hours ago, partickthedog said:

Quinton Jacobs, Tomas Cerny, Ryan Edwards, Abdul Osman and Muzzy Dumbuya might bring the average up somewhat as would the man from Montserrat Lyle Taylor. Even players like Simon Storey were reasonable and would merit a 5. 

Agreed. Clearly we've had more decent foreign signings than I remembered..... and most of those above don't even require remembering.... they're in the current team!

Just for balance.... Ryan Edwards and Adrian Madaschi.....

Daniel Chiarelli was also OK.

7 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Agreed. Clearly we've had more decent foreign signings than I remembered..... and most of those above don't even require remembering.... they're in the current team!

Just for balance.... Ryan Edwards and Adrian Madaschi.....

Daniel Chiarelli was also OK.

Freddie Frans