Jags Flags Stolen From North Stand

Yellow & Redneck

"As many of you may be aware, we must unfortunately report that Firhill Stadium experiences a break in, after our game with Rangers.

Sadly, three of our supporters groups flags were taken from the premises. The Amsterdam Jags, Jordanhill Jags and Nomad Global Supporters Clubs.

The matter has been passed to the poluce and we have been in contact with all three supporters groups. Since the North Stand became the home of our singing section, it's not just the vocal support but the colourful display that has become senonemous with this area of the ground.

Whilst the financial costs are heavy for these flags, it's the emotional attachment that will have taken a hit over the weekend. The Club will continue to be in contact with the previously mentiobed groups, until such times as a satisfactory conclusion is reached.

Moving forward, it would seem that a more permanent/secure storage place will need to be found. We are currently working with the grounds team to allow the club to provide such a place within the North Stand."

senonemous

:clapping:

:lol:

• Like 1

Feeling pretty sad that our Nomad flag has gone. Commiseration to the guys associated with the other two.

Let's hope the guilty are found and punished. The bill for the Nomad Flag is circa £600 in today's money.

PayPal payments can be sent to my email address as listed on the club website.

Feeling pretty sad that our Nomad flag has gone. Commiseration to the guys associated with the other two.

Let's hope the guilty are found and punished. The bill for the Nomad Flag is circa £600 in today's money.

PayPal payments can be sent to my email address as listed on the club website.

Ain't contributing until I know for sure that the club can improve (or even have some) security to safeguard a replacement.

Its sad, and pathetic by what seems to be a bunch of wee boys.

However instead of giving them the attention they want and crave we should move on.

How much are these flags all in? About £1500? Its a lot of money but id suggest a group fundraising page, appeal to the fans. Any money raised will go to new flags and only new flags, if we raise more then we buy more flags.

Lets just beat this lot tonight, hit them where it hurts the most.

Its sad, and pathetic by what seems to be a bunch of wee boys.

However instead of giving them the attention they want and crave we should move on.

How much are these flags all in? About £1500? Its a lot of money but id suggest a group fundraising page, appeal to the fans. Any money raised will go to new flags and only new flags, if we raise more then we buy more flags.

Lets just beat this lot tonight, hit them where it hurts the most.

Yep, let's gub them & then buy more flags than before.

Also, I'd like to think we will seriously consider future arrangements with them. Not just the flags, but the seats & the singing - not a nice environment at all. The Cup game tonight, I suppose, was the game to do it, but too late - we still get TV money (bonus as it's a cup), so give them a tiny allocation & be done with it. My H*n friends say that it's the 'away' support that are the worst (we beg to differ, but anyway) so keep them out as much as possible - also would, in theory, have given us a better chance at getting to the next round.

Anyway, if Archie can't get the team seriously motivated for tonight we've got a problem! Haha!

Into them Thistle - we're better than them, in every sense.

• Like 1

Very sad here too. I always felt proud seeing it on TV, Jagzone and my not so frequent walks past it in the North Stand.

I really hope they catch the scum that did it.

I agree, I think it looks great seeing the whole back row of the North Stand red & yellow, with all kinds of different flags.

Out of interest: where's this big "Greaves" flag? At Firhill?

https://www.youtube....DFziRa7Yg&t=49s

Gone AWOL years ago. A supporter, who posts on here regularly, along with the head of security at the time and the ground staff, spent fruitless hours looking for it all over Firhil. So, I'm araid it's a fathomless mystery.

I'd like to think the club wouldn't have lied to the police about it...

It may well have been the case that it was our own incompetence in leaving gates open and not having any stewards or security present in the NS after the match, which lead to the first flag being stolen, but despite claims to the contrary from the club about the others, you seem determined to shift the blame from these thieves onto Thistle. Or at least, that's how it's coming across.

To be clear, I hold the thieving little b@stards entirely responsible for the removal and destruction of the flags.

Regarding the Greaves flag last I heard was that it's in the groundsman's shed. It hasn't been used because Greaves ended their sponsorship with us.

£660 raised today digger. You can start with the Nomads we can start with another one then meet in the middle with the funding.

paypal.me/ThistleFlagsFund

OTIG OLAS :fan:

Just sent £20 through Jagfox, good work. Is it just one fund or will the Nomads have a separate one?

Shuggie, should we have a think about a redesign or use the same template if we still have the file?

Just found an E-Mail with the file options we voted on. Don't think they we're high enough quality though.

I like the idea of it being one pot for us all.

I wonder too what if any gesture RFC might make via our Club?

Good to hear that decent Rangers fans are also sensitive to our loss.

I am in Florida for a good while but the template files for our flag are hopefully still available at home.

I love our flag and am happy to see it resurrected.