St Johnstone 28/10/17

Auld Jag

Still can't get over the total miserableness of the NDP experience on Tuesday; chilly wind, driving rain and a pitch on which the ball skited or bounced over players' heads. Must have been murder to play on.

I’ve got to confess visiting NDP is one of my least favourite experiences and the usual turgid football on a horrid surface is probably the least of my gripes about the entire ‘matchday experience’! I’m actually glad that I was unable to go the other evening.

A surprisingly small number of posts on this thread - maybe a bit foreboding. I thnk that it will be a hard game to win, given St Johnstone's usual negative tactics, so midfield will be critical. Subs should be used to refresh the midfield not the strikers, and we have to play at pace and press sensibly without exposing the back line too much to their long punts. I think Erskine and Spittal should start with Doolan and Storey up front - the last thing we want are big gaps between the midfield and the strikers.

The excitement for todays game is boiling over. Where is everyone? Queuing up at the turnstiles already no doubt.

A win will make the garden look a little rosier. Has to be 3 points today I feel. This year the top 6 will be miles away, not only from us, but 4 other teams scrapping for relegation.

Edited by MonehJags

Storey has been excellent and Cerny has made at least 2 really good saves. Team as a whole not particularly fluent so may be difficult to get that second goal to ward off a nervy finish. Maybe Erskine on for Spittal soon. Can see Storey and Erskine being effective on the break if St Johnstone commit more players forward.