North-West Bus V Hearts 19/11..................maybe?

CCjag

I am not an expert in these things but my understanding would be that switching this game to Firhill has not been an option since the previous game scheduled to be at Tynecastle/Murrayfield was switched to Firhill. The magic SPFL fixture allocator machine will have given Hearts two home games and Thistle one. We have already had our home game so cannot have another one.

Turning to the actual football, I assume that Sammon cannot play against his parent club. Storey is the forward player highest on form and confidence, so I would imagine will be an automatic starter. Would be good to have Erskine back and as Spittal scored against them last time, he may well get the nod on this occasion. Doolan may start on the bench but hopefully will be given enough time on the pitch to make an impact.

Otherwise I am not sure whether there have been any significant recoveries in form or fitness to give us many additional options. Will Lawless have to continue at left wingback? Are Woods or McCarthy fully fit and would that give us the possibility of playing Barton in his best position as sweeper? Hard luck on any of our three regular centre backs to be dropped, but I do not think that we should play all three when none of them is a confident ball player with good distribution skills.

Here is my possible team (which Archie will not choose!), and of course in making my selection I have no idea who has shown up well in training and who is or is not in tiptop physical condition:

Cerny

McGinn

Keown

Barton

Turnbull

Lawless

Edwards

Woods

Spittal

Storey

Erskine

Bench

Scully

Devine

McCarthy

Fraser

Doolan

Nisbet

Wilson

statement from Ann Budge:

"A final visit will take place tomorrow at 12noon, following which I hope to be able to issue a “we are open for business” message early tomorrow afternoon. However...no guarantees!"

So Saturday high noon inspection visit would imply that there will be no inspections up to kick-off on Sunday.

Archie sounded exasperated on the news a few minutes ago - said it was not ideal for players/fans.

... and Budge, chair of a large organisation, using exclamation marks in an official communication - WTF.

So here we are, more than 3 and a half hours after the noon "final visit" and still no decision on whether the game is on or off.

Farce.

What a shambles this has become, why is their no leadership from our club ?, at least Alan Archibald stood up for our supporters re travel arrangements, Hearts should have been told at the very latest on Wednesday if their stadium wasn't ready then it would have to be rescheduled, they obviously had no contingency plan in place so are trying to wing it, going to back to my original post this would never have happened if it was the Old Firm as they wouldn't have allowed it.

I'm thinking that if the game is off, it might not be a bad thing for us. I know we have a lot of games in December, but I don't fancy being the first visitors to Tynecastle. I suspect that the players and supporters might be well up for the first game at the new ground. Get them a bit later when the excitement has died down a bit

GIanlucatoni, why is it daft? If the game cannot be played tomorrow it is not because of snow or ice or other act of God. It is because of Hearts' inability to (a) organise their affairs to get their building work finished in time and (B) have the foresight to make suitable contingency plans. In principle, it's no different to the situation in amateur football where the home team forgets to book a pitch at Glasgow Green or wherever. Game void, automatic 3-0 win to the away team. It's not a penalty, it's just the consequences of not fulfilling your agreed fixtures.

• Like 1

GIanlucatoni, why is it daft? If the game cannot be played tomorrow it is not because of snow or ice or other act of God. It is because of Hearts' inability to (a) organise their affairs to get their building work finished in time and ( B) have the foresight to make suitable contingency plans. In principle, it's no different to the situation in amateur football where the home team forgets to book a pitch at Glasgow Green or wherever. Game void, automatic 3-0 win to the away team. It's not a penalty, it's just the consequences of not fulfilling your agreed fixtures.

It is daft, because it penalises the other teams in the bottom half (the ones we are competing against) more than it does Hearts. If we were to avoid relegation or a playoff, or make the top 6, by 3 points, would that be fair on the team that takes our place

I'm thinking that if the game is off, it might not be a bad thing for us. I know we have a lot of games in December, but I don't fancy being the first visitors to Tynecastle. I suspect that the players and supporters might be well up for the first game at the new ground. Get them a bit later when the excitement has died down a bit

Not so sure. They haven’t had time to get excited.

If they had had a week or even a few days to get the feel of the place that would be a different matter.

It is daft, because it penalises the other teams in the bottom half (the ones we are competing against) more than it does Hearts. If we were to avoid relegation or a playoff, or make the top 6, by 3 points, would that be fair on the team that takes our place

Forget about what penalties are on offer if the fixture isn't played , how can the team be properly prepared if we've got this is the game on / game off scenario ? We've got to give our team the best chance to compete in this game and with these circumstances we can't if you read Archies comments in the newspaper today ( " trying to put it out players minds " )

Not sure where our governing body come into this but surely they should have stepped in and said this was unacceptable to our club and supporters .

Is it any wonder that others think we play in a Mickey Mouse league when a club can't even confirm if the game is going to get played tomorrow .

• Like 1

Sorry Denis did not mean to be dismissive Virgo's is not a Scotland v Estonia debacle and it also has nothing to do with the amateur game. I still play amateur and won 3-1 down at nethercraig this morning ..at the age of 49 I'm still going against the advice of club doc Alan Robertson who rotated my knee ten years ago and told me I was finished! Last time I looked John street afc were not building a15 million quid stand at Glasgow green and no teams have turned up for a game ... if it's called off my car will still run along the m8 and the choo chops will still run regularly for the rescheduled tie .. no harm done. What I absolutely will not do is jump on BBC England's knicker wetting coverage and feign Mick outrage ... the jam tarts have been allowed to take this to the wire by the spfl so you can't blame them in my humble opinion

What a shambles this has become, why is their no leadership from our club ?, at least Alan Archibald stood up for our supporters re travel arrangements, Hearts should have been told at the very latest on Wednesday if their stadium wasn't ready then it would have to be rescheduled, they obviously had no contingency plan in place so are trying to wing it, going to back to my original post this would never have happened if it was the Old Firm as they wouldn't have allowed it.

Now I will concede on this point. By this stage the media would be all over this. Rangers fans would have released one of their indignant statements. I'm sure that Edinburgh's finest would also be on the case with such a large policing operation uncertain. I think noon today would have been the deadline if the OF were involved.