Norgethistle

50 top flight goals, 108 in total for the Jags, a 1 goal to 3 games (including sub) strike rate, absolute class.

What I can’t understand is why has no one bigger than us tried to poach him from us?

Glad they haven’t but when you see the daft money being spent on average inconsistent strikers, when we have a consistently deadly striker that no one has sniffed after.

Like you, I am very happy to not understand that Norge.

There's no saying where we might be now without Dools. Here's a handful of personal highlights:

The mental scenes at Almondvale

The wonder run and goal at Easter Road

The lovely Welsh-Craigen-Dools move at ICT.

The wonderful tap-in from Dean Brill's assist in the same game.

That textbook goal v Sevco last April

He's 31 this Christmas - hope he's got 2-3 years left in him to get to 100 PL goals.

Edited by Barney Rubble

what i cant understand is why doolan is not first name on the time sheet

we are struggling at present with injuries doolan is and has been our best strike option but he sits on the bench

can somebody explain that

Archie said on Jagzone Dools had only trained once this week, so even more pleasing he came on and scored.

Thank God, we've got Kris Doolan , though I've got to say it's been a source of frustration when Archie leaves him out and prefers strikers who run " the channels " ( Azeez ) or even strikers who don't run at all ( Pogba)

Easily the most gifted in our team with his touch and his technique , he should be the first name on the team sheet because he's does the hardest thing in football which is score goals and that's what'll keep us in the league.

50 top flight goals, 108 in total for the Jags, a 1 goal to 3 games (including sub) strike rate, absolute class.

What I can’t understand is why has no one bigger than us tried to poach him from us?

Glad they haven’t but when you see the daft money being spent on average inconsistent strikers, when we have a consistently deadly striker that no one has sniffed after.

Many have tried but Kris is extremely happy at Firhill and has had no desire to leave so far - but he has told me he has had many offers previous

Liam Buchanan was never the same player after his bad injury. As for Dools, I don't think he was as good back then as Liam at his best but the thing about Dools is that he has constantly worked at his game, and still works at it, improving himself as a player year on year. The Dools of today may be better than Liam back when he was at his best. We'll never know though I suspect he is better.

Future Jags boss?

I'd like to think Kris stays in the game and of course with us. That wouldn't necessarily mean as manager and his on field career will be starting to slow down when the training complex is up and running . Anyone who has heard Dools speaking will know he comes across both articulate and knowledgeable so involvement with the Scottish sports media would be highly unlikely, alas. Would love to think we'll have the likes of Dools, Archie and Gerry B involved in the Club for many years to come.

• Like 3

Levein saying there was a handball and an offside.Didnt notice anything wrong myself.Anyway does he forget there equaliser at Firhill, we still don't know if it crossed the line.

leveins memory is very short he seems to have forgotten their goal was likely offside yesterday- lafferty was interfering with play and pretty sure he obscured Cernys View.

Back onto Doolan and fully deserving of his testimonial- I hope we are able to fully support him and ensure his testimonial match is a complete sell out