New Arrivals

Paukea

Well there you have it.Our own Nostradamus.Obviously Yellow and Redneck knows it all so problem sorted.How could our manager and the rest of the board be so wrong and so stupid,no,willfully ignorant.Why didn’t we buy a player better than Lindsay.In fact why didn’t Barnsley buy a player better than Lindsay.Sorry can’t answer that one but maybe Y&R can.

• Like 2

Hearts do, think they have 8 or 9 out but they aren't afraid of bleeding through youth.

I don't know how accurate this site is but we seem in a much worse position than Hearts

https://www.transfermarkt.com/partick-thistle-fc/sperrenundverletzungen/verein/2760

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/heart-of-midlothian-fc/sperrenundverletzungen/verein/43

Regardless of what will or won't happen in terms of new arrivals (and departures) coming up, the fact that a handful of seriously injured first-team regulars are on the brink of a full return to action is good news.

But, they need to get match fit sooner rather than later. Does the club have any friendlies arranged for the winter break?

archie on jagzone saying jags will go away again same as last season

i agree with a lot that has been said but i also think that the wheels started coming off the wagon last season once we had made the top six

performances definitely dropped

its really now up to the board as to what funds if any archie gets to improve the squad

we all know that midfield and fullback players are required

but i also feel that up front we now have a major problem with doolan carrying an injury

his performances recently have shown that he is certainly not match fit

so what do the directors do dig deep or cross fingers and hope for the best

All this 'it'll be fine when we get players back from injury' chat might have some substance it it wasn't for the fact we were rank at the start of the season even with virtuslly a full squad...

We didn’t have a full squad at the start of the season - there were at least 2 league cup games where we didn’t fill the bench

I condemn Archie for quite frankly wasting the resources that he did have over the summer. Nobody is going to tell me that we couldn't have signed someone better than Nitriansky for equivalent value.

And the fact that business was done late is a major sticking point. Archie, Maxwell, and the board droned on for ages last season about how finishing in the top-6 would mean that business could be completed early, we would get first crack at free agents and transfer targets, as well as only having to bring in players that were equivalent or better in ability to the ones we already had. Instead, for whatever reason, targets continually slipped through our hands to such a point that we had to bring in guys like Woods and McGinn a quarter way through the season when they weren't even fully fit.

I don't blame Archie for losing guys like Welsh and Lindsay, as that was outwith his control. What I do blame him for is that in the case of Welsh, he wasn't replaced, and in the case of Lindsay, he was replaced by a far inferior player. In addition to that, I don't understand why the management staff who could quite clearly see that Devine wasn't ready for consistent first team action last season, would suddenly be ready to be thrust into the rearguard this season. Now my opinion is completely fallible, subjective, and open to criticism. But in my opinion, a lack of foresight last season has lead to the situation we are in. We knew Banzo and Muzzy were injury worries and could not be relied on. We knew our long term captain was leaving. We knew that arguably our best young defender since Hansen was moving on. We knew guys like Erskine were 1 year older, and unable to be as creative as he was in his mid-20's. Yet, I personally don't think the correct players were brought in to mitigate this problem.

At least you are now admitting that our predicament isn’t all Archie’s doing - a couple more posts and you will be adding in the players and the horrendous set of fixtures we were handed to start the league.

Don't understand how fixtures can be used as an excuse for poor performances from the team as a whole and individuals who couldn't even pass the ball to their own player?

A bad run of results affects confidence. Our start had us playing pretty much all the top 6 teams. Teams that we don’t seem capable of getting results against. Not getting wins in those games meant that our confidence was low going into games that we would expect(hope) to do well in, but as a result we didn’t leading to even lower confidence.

• Like 1

Whilst I agree with you that confidence plays a part in any sport, there are no excuses for players not being able to pass the ball 10 yards to a team mate, or not trying to win the ball back having given it away.

We need new players in the squad, instead of relying on players who are returning from injury, including ones who haven't played regularly in the last year or so, or were playing poorly before their injury.

Edited by Big Col

Our performances against the top 6 this season have been quite good.Our worst performance I have seen was against a Kilmarnock team who were below us in the league,just sacked there manager and the youth manager in charge.Yet we were rotten that day,they beat us went above us in the league and continue to climb the table.

Whilst I agree with you that confidence plays a part in any sport, there are no excuses for players not being able to pass the ball 10 yards to a team mate, or not trying to win the ball back having given it away.

We need new players in the squad, instead of relying on players who are returning from injury, including ones who haven't played regularly in the last year or so, or were playing poorly before their injury.

January is a difficult time to sign decent players as the ones available are unlikely to have been playing regularly at the level required.

I do fear that we won’t recover. However, I am not of the school of thought that it is all the manager’s fault. It has been the combination of not being able to attract players better and early enough, injuries, players off form, fixture schedule and team selection at times

• Like 1

An amazing amount of negativity here, much of it unwarranted I feel. We had a dreadful start to the season, but we are actually recovering from it reasonably well. A form table over the last 13 games (i.e., a good length of time indicative of how we're playing presently) places us 7th (I've just checked). So our present form is already good enough and all indications show that we will finish safe even if we were just to carry on as we are going now.

This is not to say that it wouldn't be prudent to strengthen in the window- ideally a replacement for Milan, cover for Osman and another striker if Sammon leaves (although I would keep him if we have the option). But despite R and Y's unrelenting pessimism, I don't think we're remotely doomed if we rely on players coming back

Doo doo Conrod Balatoni happy days after a miserable Wednesday at Pittodrie just glad we got a result today wee bit of pressure off Archie I think he deserves a bit of credit hasn’t panicked got on with the job under a lot off pressure from the fans

I noticed Lyle Taylor scored today for MK Dons so don’t expect him coming back in transfer window but we might just get Connor Sammon hit a wee purple patch and not need him

Doo doo Conrod Balatoni happy days after a miserable Wednesday at Pittodrie just glad we got a result today wee bit of pressure off Archie I think he deserves a bit of credit hasn’t panicked got on with the job under a lot off pressure from the fans

I noticed Lyle Taylor scored today for MK Dons so don’t expect him coming back in transfer window but we might just get Connor Sammon hit a wee purple patch and not need him

That's clever if he did, 'cos he also scored for AFC Wimbledon. He's into double figures already for this season

Don’t think either Muzzy or Fraser will be released unless he can find better replacements in an always tough January market. We don’t know whether Osman, Bannigan or even Woods will be able to play week in, week out, come February, plus we don’t have cover for McGinn if he gets a knock or suspension (assuming Milan goes). Also McCarthy hasn’t been injury free in his short career to date. We cannot be sure of the fitness levels that Booth and Elliot will achieve either.

Archie did say that one or two have popped up on the radar but unclear whether that is previously identified players or someone new.

Maybe the likes of Nisbett will go out on loan.

Who knows, not me anyway.