New Arrivals

Paukea

Erskine needs to start performing like we know he can or else we could do with another creative player being brought in. I agree though that Archie's business is done and he is now going to be relying on this squad with the hope that the injuries don't return to those that have spent more minutes in the treatment room than the pitch

Be surprised if we signed anyone else this window. Maybe the focus will be on offering deals for some of the (several?) players out of contract at the end of the season, including a deal for Sammon.

A few still need to prove their fitness though. Getting more money for Lindsay would obviously help.

Have to say if the article is correct and we only have a 10% sell on clause thats poor. We were led to believe the fee was low because of an substantial sell on clause.

He was far better than some of the players been banded about fot millions in our league. Undersold.

If true, we will net close to £1m for the player between sell on and initial fee. I do not think anyone would think this is underselling. It is also the first time we have sold a player after they have developed playing in the first team. Jack Hendry was sold after a couple of games. It will start to attract clubs to us, and hopefully we can emulate Hamilton. They seem to get good prices for their players, which I think is partly due to the reputation they have for developing players. I agree is looks like we undersold a player if he is worth £6m 6 months after selling him, but the club gained experience with this too. The next sale we make may be with more, but I do not think we will ever get £6m for a player. They need to be playing in the madness of English football before they are valued so highly. Virgil Van Dyke is a similar situation.

It's only just occurred to me (I'm old and slow in more ways than one) that Liam not having been capped may be a blessing in disguise. I've no reason to doubt the 10% add on but we've been to told it's add ons in the plural. Fair to assume an international call up could trigger another add on. There will also be likely a club appearances threshold. No idea of course what that would be but again fair to assume Liam with 26 appearances to date must be well on his way to crossing that threshold.

Think what I'm trying to say is that the reported £350K transfer may have been an exceptional piece of business. Time will tell and Barnsley's recent investment could impact one way or other. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

Erskine needs to start performing like we know he can or else we could do with another creative player being brought in. I agree though that Archie's business is done and he is now going to be relying on this squad with the hope that the injuries don't return to those that have spent more minutes in the treatment room than the pitch

Sure i seen Archie say he has an injury and has been trying to give him time to heal. :thinking:

Have to say if the article is correct and we only have a 10% sell on clause thats poor. We were led to believe the fee was low because of an substantial sell on clause.

He was far better than some of the players been banded about fot millions in our league. Undersold.

Based on a made up story in a comic.

With Kevin out on loan and Doools clearly carrying some sort of an injury and not able to start many games, are we a little light weight up front ? I know thaThe Fish is bangging them in for the last few games, but if anything happened to him, would Storey be able play the loan striker role ?

Would certainly be short if playing Hearts, which Conor would have to sit out.

Does anyone think we should still add to the squad.

I get that a couple would have to leave first probably.

I don't know if anyone will agree but I think we need another attacking creative midfield type.

For me Erskine and Spittal are on a poor run and right now they are our week links in my opinion although I would love to see them turn it around I think we could do with another in that type of role.

I see St Johnstone are in for Scott Wright of Aberdeen and I think he would be an awesome addition for us and could just be the difference

Thoughts?

• Like 1