Gary Fraser 6 Months Deal .why..

Jimmy McD

He has not kicked a ball for for us in over 18 months except into the face of a female at porkheid 2 weeks ago . If anybody was going to leave in January I would have thought that he would have been top of the list....why oh why....

Maybe there are some commercial aspects attached to this one. For me it is a sure sign of weak management (including the Board) as he had used up all his chances and his actions at Parkhead were a sure sign of disrespect to the club and its fans. Indiscipline rewarded. Unbelievable !!

Maybe there are some commercial aspects attached to this one. For me it is a sure sign of weak management (including the Board) as he had used up all his chances and his actions at Parkhead were a sure sign of disrespect to the club and its fans. Indiscipline rewarded. Unbelievable !!

What a lot of shite.

• Like 2

As mentioned above, with his his lengthy ban, he put himself in the firing line.

To then launch a ball at the opposition support from yards away puts you half out the door.

And that's if you're a top class/injury free player.

Fraser isn't. In his time here, I've yet to see him maintain a commanding performance level for more than three games in a row. Usually by his third game he's getting hooked after 60 minutes.

Archie's the manager. It's his job on the line every Saturday. Fraser must be a fckin world beater at the training ground.

I'd rather the money went on securing McCarthy on a better contract.

• Like 1

I am astounded that people are being portrayed as negative and out of order for having an opinion on Gary Fraser on a Fans Forum.

This is the Gary Fraser who has made 3 appearances in 18 months.

The Gary Fraser who has been backed again and again by this club and has returned nothing.

The Gary Fraser who received an 8 game ban for acting like an animal towards a fellow professional

The Gary Fraser who deliberately smashed the ball into a crowd of people and didn't have the b*** to admit it but lied and showed the coward he really is

The Gary Fraser who is now injured again after he was deliberately targeted by other players in retaliation for his shameful actions..This alone is inexcusable

Please Tell me one thing this boy has done to deserve the extension to his contract..Andrew McCarthy in 3 MATCHES has started to show more than Gary has in 3 YEARS plus he doesn't act like a NED

I guarantee with 16 games remaining he doesn't even start or appear in half of them proving it's a waste of a wage.

In my opinion his actions alone deserve the exit door.

• Like 1

I am astounded that people are being portrayed as negative and out of order for having an opinion on Gary Fraser on a Fans Forum.

Unfortunately if you don't have the prevailing opinion on this forum, you set yourself up for attacks from the rest.

Fraser shouldn't have been kept on. He was a lucky boy in that the club stuck by him after that assault during a development game. He was lucky the club stuck by him through all his injuries. He's lucky that Archie came out and defended him after the incident at Parkhead. And he's even more lucky now, having been injured again, that he's being kept on.

There has been sparks from him. He certainly can hit a ball from range, and is can be tenacious. Unfortunately he isn't consistently fit, he has a bit of a temper on him quite obviously, and in most games I have seen him, he doesn't seem better than what we have currently.

Hopefully the faith from the manager is returned.

Unfortunately if you don't have the prevailing opinion on this forum, you set yourself up for attacks from the rest.

Hopefully the faith from the manager is returned.

If you don't have the prevailing opinion then by logic the majority will disagree with your opinion. If you're subject to OTT verbal abuse for holding a minority opinion then that of course is another thing entirely.

I too hope Archie's faith is returned. Releasing Fraser would've been a relatively simple and hardly unexpected thing to do. I imagine tho' it wouldn't have freed up much cash as I suspect Fraser isn't any longer on a fat contract. Put another way it probably won't impact on other contractual business in more than a marginal way. If that's the case then it ain't worth the flap.

If the many doubters are correct Fraser will be gone in the summer. Hardly worth getting worked up about.

• Like 1

Andrew McCarthy in 3 MATCHES has started to show more than Gary has in 3 YEARS plus he doesn't act like a NED

I was not aware that this was an either/or. I would hope that there is still a place for McCarthy, but lets be honest, beggars can't be choosers and I don't expect that there are many central midfielders who are available and have the potential tat Gaz does. Lets get off the guys back and see if we can bring out the player that we first signed.

• Like 1

If you don't have the prevailing opinion then by logic the majority will disagree with your opinion. If you're subject to OTT verbal abuse for holding a minority opinion then that of course is another thing entirely.

I’m not aware the previous poster received any ‘abuse’ from the ‘majority’. Unless he can point me to it?

It is a Forum where views differ. That’s the nature of the beast.

I think we need to be careful about praising McCarthy so highly. While he undoubtedly has potential, I think he has also missed several games this season due to injury.

Don’t get me wrong, I like Mccarthy but condemning Fraser partly for his fitness and not doing the same with McCarthy is a bit hypocritical.