Sellick Away

jags on tour

It's not so much the small chance of progression (although I am not giving up hope yet) which is depressing. It is playing the same team yet again at a dull spectator unfriendly stadium. There were so many good possibilities for playing different teams, which is what made the Queen of the South experience so enjoyable.

Made me laugh when they said during the draw that it would be a Glasgow derby and they wondered who would be at home.

I knew which team wouldn't be at home before the draw even started.

On the plus side, their fans wont be able to steal any more balls from us after they go one up.

Every year I hope for a run and some luck in the draw.

Every year we get away draws against good teams.

More than a bit fed up with it all tbh.

Just a thought.

10 years ago we got Deadco away, and we were ecstatic because of the financial benefits to the club. Great to see that we now want draws to help us win the cup.

Anyway, this is our chance to put to bed their chances of a double treble. And the way they've been playing since October, why not???

• Like 3

Just a thought.

10 years ago we got Deadco away, and we were ecstatic because of the financial benefits to the club. Great to see that we now want draws to help us win the cup.

Anyway, this is our chance to put to bed their chances of a double treble. And the way they've been playing since October, why not???

Barney. I love your optimism, but you neglect to mention the way WE have playing ALL season!

the only upside is we should make some decent money

exactly Jaggy we could easily have drawn Killie or Aberdeen away get under half the gate we would get here - not to mention the BBC pundits have said it’s the tie of the round- almost guaranteed it will be on tv - that’s what an extra £80 grand maybe enough to get someone like Sammon on a permanent etc - I’ve already had several Celtic glory hunters (they never go to the games) but will go to this cup game

exactly Jaggy we could easily have drawn Killie or Aberdeen away get under half the gate we would get here - not to mention the BBC pundits have said it’s the tie of the round- almost guaranteed it will be on tv - that’s what an extra £80 grand maybe enough to get someone like Sammon on a permanent etc - I’ve already had several Celtic glory hunters (they never go to the games) but will go to this cup game

TV money is £30,000.

plus tv money? I think there will be slightly more given Brechin only bought a few hundred on a freezing cold month in January which is probably the most skint month of the year

Factor in that it's a rare day out for Brechin and we get eternally pumped there, it's a horrible ground to go to and generally we won't be arsed about it.

How many much would we reckon on getting income wise for a crowd of 25k?

I when on the basis that a crowd of 30,000 each paying an average of £15 would bring in 450k. Giving thistle a nice pay check of 225k.

I am not sure if the away teams share is cut in terms of paying for policing etc. But even so could still expect £200,000 Just from this game.