Sellick Away

jags on tour

Quite funny that some people turn up their nose at £100-200k !

Our turnover is £4m so £200k is 5% so not to be sniffed at

Whether its this window or the summer it’s 2/3 players

Not so much turning my nose up at it, would just rather enjoy the cup for a bit and then get the 200k in a later round.

Thistle link: two goals for Declan McDaid in the Ayr United vs. Arbroath Cup match.

Interesting match stats:

Possession: 47% vs. 53%

Shots: 11 vs. 23

Shots on target: 7 vs. 10

Corners: 6 vs. 9

Final score: 4-1 !

Don’t forget ex managers in charge of both teams, one of whom was sent off for marching onto pitch to confront ref over a decision. Guess who? :)

Don’t forget ex managers in charge of both teams, one of whom was sent off for marching onto pitch to confront ref over a decision. Guess who? :)

Can't mind the actual game at Firhill during those glorious Bunnet years. I guess tho' you know your times up at the club when the ref calls the manager over and his own fans are chanting "OFF, OFF, OFF!" :)

• Like 2

no idea if this will work or not...

following the cup draw, I sent a tweet to the club and the supporters liason officer and requested that we ask Celtic for the same allocation that Morton were given by Celtic a couple of years ago for a cup tie.

Presumably they don't have season ticket commitments for that area for cup games which would allow them the option to give us that area.

Going by BBC Sport figures they only had 25,000 so I wouldn't imagine they would expect to sell out against us in the next round.

If in the restricted view black hole corner I would only expect us to take approx. 1000 - 1200 fans, if we were given this section of the stadium I believe more fans would willing to go along circa 2000 - 2500...

Fingers crossed...

Cc3tk5GW0AAiXQK.jpg

• Like 3

Celtic already sold tickets for behind the goal so the black hole it is...

Only positive is looking on their website they have already have large sections of the stadium marked as 'sold out' so maybe a bigger crowd that we think... £££££

I’m not sure, I think a lot of clubs do that when their releasing tickets i batches so that if they don’t need to open the whole stadium and thus pay for the extra costs...

Hopefully you’re right though

See on the official site tickets are either restricted or unrestricted which means we are in the corner again. Might have gone if they'd given us decent seats. Wonder if our club have suggested better seating or just meekly accepted what Sellick offered?

I suspect meekness of the meekest variety.

• Like 1

going by the silence from the club regarding ticket sales for Saturday, it would suggest that we aren't going to sell out our initial allocation...

Less than 1000 travelling across the city for a Glasgow derby - when we took approx. 1200 to Dumfries...

I know some will be happy to sit on the sofa, some will be accepting defeat already and think whats the point, but my reason is the location within the stadium - RESTRICTED VIEW in an empty stadium...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jaggy said:

I thought about going, if they gave us a decent view like Morton had a short while ago, but I'm not paying £20 for the worst view of a football pitch in Scotland especially when on TV

Ironic that it's Morton, who treat away supporters with  such disregard, get treated fairly at Parkhead. We, who albeit for a different reason give Celtic the best seats in the house at Firhill, are stuck in that shitty place.

btw I'm not blaming Celtic 100% as I'm far from convinced our Club (excuse the pun) fought our corner in getting a preferable vantage point.

3 hours ago, P-T-118 said:

going by the silence from the club regarding ticket sales for Saturday, it would suggest that we aren't going to sell out our initial allocation...

Less than 1000 travelling across the city for a Glasgow derby - when we took approx. 1200 to Dumfries...

I know some will be happy to sit on the sofa, some will be accepting defeat already and think whats the point, but my reason is the location within the stadium - RESTRICTED VIEW in an empty stadium...

I phoned up to book my tickets foxy- they are not selling any for restricted view - it’s all unrestricted view seats that are being sold