Sellick Away

jags on tour

It's laughable that this game is all ticket - lucky if there will be 30k at it - gates should be open for walk up cash at turnstiles and the away support should be treated with much more respect - maybe those going should do some form of mass protest and take over a section behind the goals - no way 10 polis and 20 part-time jobsworth stewards would stop the R&Y army on the march  

I'll be giving this shit8heap a miss this time - going up to Fife for a long weekend

hope, as ever, we pump them good and proper

:fan: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For most of my life as a Thistle fan every time a match against either of the two erse cheeks came up I used to get quite excited. In the 70s especially we could beat them at times, and that also happened in the 90s. But in the past couple of decades the absolute and total failure to beat either of them even once, time and time again and in dozens of "attempts," has finally knocked any inkling of hope or even interest in these games. Yes, it still hurts to see the inevitable defeat reported, but I shrug it off, don't even watch the highlights anymore. It's even worse because other teams beat them, at least occasionally.... but we don't, never do.

I certainly wouldn't consider giving either of them any of my cash, and I probably won't even try to find a live stream for tomorrow's match. Probably my lowest-ever level of interest in a Scottish Cup tie involving Thistle. 

We can only win tomorrow by some miraculous combination of extremely unlikely events involving the planets, our players, their players, and of course the officials. Will it happen?

'Monra Jags!

Edited by Jaggernaut
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, stillresigned said:

Won't be going as I see little prospect of us competing far less winning! As someone who has followed Thistle for over 40 years I have never felt as scunneredwith my team as I did the other night against Sevco!

And let's be honest whatever you think of them Sellick are a class above them.

Seriously? you've not been paying attention then.

• Like 1

I'm going only because it's a cup game. For once I quite like the idea of an early kick off simply as it'll get it out of the way that much sooner.

Since we've come back up, whether Scottish Cup or League Cup,  when we've gone out the competitions each time it's been  with a whimper.  Eight cup exits and each game with a disappointing performance.  More often or not these exits have occurred when our league form was looking up.  I'll take some comfort if as I suspect we lose tomorrow it's not to the likes of Dundee Utd, Falkirk or ICT.  No injuries and a non thrashing will suffice.  A draw with the bonus of added income would be a grand result. A win, and well, that early KO will give me  extra time to celebrate.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

I hope young Andy is right up for it tomorrow because its the last start he'll get this season.

Got our tickets today in the hope that we witness something absolutely incredible. The worst thing we could do is sit back and let them play. We need to go for it and show a bit of quality and composure in possession. Come oan Thistle

19 hours ago, gianlucatoni said:

It's laughable that this game is all ticket - lucky if there will be 30k at it - gates should be open for walk up cash at turnstiles and the away support should be treated with much more respect - maybe those going should do some form of mass protest and take over a section behind the goals - no way 10 polis and 20 part-time jobsworth stewards would stop the R&Y army on the march  

I'll be giving this shit8heap a miss this time - going up to Fife for a long weekend

hope, as ever, we pump them good and proper

:fan: 

After the title winning game at Falkirk. Just looked at the state of myself in that video. As pished as I've been for years. Completely brilliant day, and night, just the same.

Mon Jags, intae this shower the morra. 

5 minutes ago, Blackpool Jags said:

After the title winning game at Falkirk. Just looked at the state of myself in that video. As pished as I've been for years. Completely brilliant day, and night, just the same.

Mon Jags, intae this shower the morra. 

Not it wasn’t. I wasn’t at Falkirk and I’m in this video, so it was trophy day

8 minutes ago, ClydebankJag said:

Not it wasn’t. I wasn’t at Falkirk and I’m in this video, so it was trophy day

Hmmmm. I'm baffled now. Just seen myself in the video, but I was at the Falkirk game, and S&G after it, and not at Firhill the week after when we got presented with the trophy. Conclusion: it was presentation day, but some poor bstrd looks as bad and pished as I do. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy McD said:

don"t know why but just have a feeling we might get a result tomorrow   It is the cup after-all upsets do happen....

and why not?

I have a sneaky too.

We've played well against Celtic in recent times at Parkhead and could go close tomorrow.

I remember listening on the radio in the cup one night in the 90's I think, v Celtic and we missed about 4 penalties to win it.

Never felt so sick.

Tomorrow is our day:fan:

2 hours ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

Dedryck Boyata, Stuart Armstrong, Marvin Compper, Craig Gordon, Leigh Griffiths, Jonny Hayes, Mikael Lustig, Anthony Ralston, Patrick Roberts and Tom Rogic ALL OUT.

Just shows me how little I keep up to date with the goings on at certain clubs. I can honestly say I've never heard of Marvin Compper. 

1 hour ago, CotterJag said:

and why not?

I have a sneaky too.

We've played well against Celtic in recent times at Parkhead and could go close tomorrow.

I remember listening on the radio in the cup one night in the 90's I think, v Celtic and we missed about 4 penalties to win it.

Never felt so sick.

Another game against an erse cheek in which we had a perfectly good goal that was deemed not to be a goal.

And some people claim that these things "even themselves out."

No, they don't.

9 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

Another game against an erse cheek in which we had a perfectly good goal that was deemed not to be a goal.

And some people claim that these things "even themselves out."

No, they don't.

Only the privileged themselves would claim that things even themselves out.

I certainly would never believe that.

Having said that, the refereeing has been pretty good this season with some incredibly accurate decisions for us in particular.

Of course that all changed in the week against The Rangers in what looked an easy onside decision to call.

No doubt the linesman had a few thousand behind him screaming offside as their fans claim for every single decision in every single game.

3 hours ago, CotterJag said:

Never felt so sick.

Even sicker being there, especially as we had the ball over the line for a ‘winner’ but it wasn’t given. I’m sure Hardie, Craigan and Milne all missed the chance to win it