Sellick Away

jags on tour

Just watched the League Cup Final highlights, with dear old Arthur Montford at the end saying that Thistle had finally, emphatically put an end to the "unpredictables" tag.... when of course they had just done the complete opposite of what just about everybody had predicted!!

Anybody for a similar result today?

Incidentally, on the Thistle thread on pie and bovril somebody kindly listed all the Scottish teams who have beaten the erse cheeks since we last managed it a couple of decades ago. More than 20 teams have done it. There's also a table showing how many matches against either of them each Premiership team has played since they last beat them. Needless to say, we are the appalling stand-out.... too appalling to describe here, but I recommend taking a look at what is a truly horrible set of figures.

2 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Incidentally, on the Thistle thread on pie and bovril somebody kindly listed all the Scottish teams who have beaten the erse cheeks since we last managed it a couple of decades ago. More than 20 teams have done it. There's also a table showing how many matches against either of them each Premiership team has played since they last beat them. Needless to say, we are the appalling stand-out.... too appalling to describe here, but I recommend taking a look at what is a truly horrible set of figures.

If more than 20 have done it, we must now be doing better than more than 10 of them. They’re just two (actually 3 over that time period) clubs, and I’m not going to obsess over them.. Our league position is what matters ultimately. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, scotty said:

Osman, Sammon and Storey on the bench. Mmmm?

What is the team? I am not a face booker or twitterer and the club do not seem to have bothered with the usual Matchzone on the official website..a bit like they do not seem to be bothering trying to win this game by playing our best in form players!

Just now, partickthedog said:

What is the team? I am not a face booker or twitterer and the club do not seem to have bothered with the usual Matchzone on the official website..a bit like they do not seem to be bothering trying to win this game by playing our best in form players!

Aye, that is a surprising starting 11. 

3 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

It's up now.

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-fixture/celtic-v-partick-thistle-10th-february-2018/#team-line-ups

Edited by scotty