Sellick Away

jags on tour

1 hour ago, partickthedog said:

Chris Erskine has always been one of my favourite players. However, I was beginning to question whether, apart from the occasional flash of brilliance, he was still capable of putting in a top level 90 minute performance. He certainly proved me wrong yesterday and I am delighted. All power to the SuperSquid!!

Likewise. I assumed he'd play an hour and be first sub. 

There's merits in starting the less pacy players like Chris, Doolan, Spittal and replacing a couple of them with Storey & Sammon to go hard at a tiring defence. There's also merit in doing it the other way round.  As often as not plans go wrong and any of those players will have to put in a 90 minute shift. Reassuring to see Erskine and to a lesser degree, Spittal (he's young after all), still going strong at the end.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

35 minutes ago, CotterJag said:

You're spot on Jaggy, it was Cargill.

I think Dodds blamed Devine in the commentary and it was a case of believing what you heard and not what you'd seen.

Dodds is a fud, ludicrous to think he walks into a job at the BBC every time he gets fired as a coach.

In fairness to him, he did apologise to Danny Devine in commentary. But he should never have got it wrong in the first place.

1 hour ago, Barney Rubble said:

Dodds is a fud, ludicrous to think he walks into a job at the BBC every time he gets fired as a coach.

In fairness to him, he did apologise to Danny Devine in commentary. But he should never have got it wrong in the first place.

His inability to put two coherent sentences together, to describe Woods attributes, having been his assistant manager at County was scary. 

3 hours ago, potty trained said:

His inability to put two coherent sentences together, to describe Woods attributes, having been his assistant manager at County was scary. 

I heard that part of the commentary.

I got the distinct  impression that Dodds was not an admirer of our Mr Woods and was attempting to "Damn him with faint praise".

Shows what he knows.....

Some great posts above from Potty, BB and PTD.

I despaired when watching Erskine vs Sevco. A Jags legend reduced to impending retirement I thought. I wouldnt have played him yesterday. But how he responded - well played Chris and Archie and lets kick on frome her with more of the same please. The way he dispossessed a current Internationalist after outpacing him, turning brilliantly and delivering a killer cross was superb. And right at the end of the game when everyone else was knackered.

McGinn for me was MOM, an excellent defensive display while all else was falling about him. And Edwards, Woods and Booth also terrific. Connor's on fire. Feed him.

Barton is a total liability. If we're not playing 3/5 at the back he shouldnt be in the team. I was raging when Forrest ran past him as he was jogging along. Or is that him at full speed? If so, I could run faster and I'm 63. I never want to see him in midfield again and I dont know what Archie was thinking. He was playing so well at sweeper!

Very disappointing crowd although the few Jags fans that turned up never stopped supporting the boys. No excuses unless financial for those who couldnt be bothered turning up- get off your bums and support the team. 

4 minutes ago, Weebaw1 said:

Some great posts above from Potty, BB and PTD.

I despaired when watching Erskine vs Sevco. A Jags legend reduced to impending retirement I thought. I wouldnt have played him yesterday. But how he responded - well played Chris and Archie and lets kick on frome her with more of the same please. The way he dispossessed a current Internationalist after outpacing him, turning brilliantly and delivering a killer cross was superb. And right at the end of the game when everyone else was knackered.

McGinn for me was MOM, an excellent defensive display while all else was falling about him. And Edwards, Woods and Booth also terrific. Connor's on fire. Feed him.

Barton is a total liability. If we're not playing 3/5 at the back he shouldnt be in the team. I was raging when Forrest ran past him as he was jogging along. Or is that him at full speed? If so, I could run faster and I'm 63. I never want to see him in midfield again and I dont know what Archie was thinking. He was playing so well at sweeper!

Very disappointing crowd although the few Jags fans that turned up never stopped supporting the boys. No excuses unless financial for those who couldnt be bothered turning up- get off your bums and support the team. 

Or work commitments.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Weebaw1 said:

I was there but I can both fully understand and respect other fans for not going. I'd be willing to bet there'll be Jags fans turn up midweek in Dingwall who opted not to go yesterday. 

Agree that our fans at Parkhead tho' few in numbers were magnificent in their support. Still doesn't make them better fans than those who didn't go.  The fact we took more than double the number of fans to Dumfries says a hell of a lot more about about the state of Scottish football, with its repetitive fixtures and constant fawning to the ugly sisters, than the fickleness of our supporters.

15 hours ago, Weebaw1 said:

No excuses unless financial for those who couldnt be bothered turning up- get off your bums and support the team. 

My 4 month old kid is still a little bit short of looking after himself at home.  I'm a bad fan.  :yawn:

• Like 1