Sellick Home 23/1

West Ender

Oh dear! You can't even see that both of them were an out ball route that we were using. Taking both of them off and there was nothing for anyone to look for an outlet.

So at 2-1 down your plan was let's hope we hold the ball up. Sorry my mistake.

Well I’m going to take the positives from that. We gave them a game, made a few chances and played quite well against a team that is so far ahead of us (and everyone else in the country) in skill and resources. Our defence, comprising a player who’s just joined yesterday, a player who’s been playing second tier footy all season and a player who’s barely kicked a ball in 18 months, limited them to not many clear chances and a couple of gosls. Osman looked good, Penrice looked within his depth and Sammon continues to look great. I think it bodes well for the rest of the season provided we can keep everyone fit

• Like 1

Have to say, lads were unlucky tonight. If we took our chances particularly the Edwards chance at 1-1 it would have been a different game. Hard when your up against 12 men. We stopped tackling Celtic cos any time we tackled they got a foul. Edwards ran past the lad when he had the ball at second goal.

Plenty of positives tonight

Nice to have a squad to rotate.

• Like 1

Who mentioned entitlement?

Your "having a laugh" comment suggests that you basically agree with what I wrote.

Are you for real? Just to spell it out for you as you clearly didn't go to school Mon to Fri we need to work hard for our league place which doesn't mean we are poor and certain for relegation just that we need to perform weekly to merit the league place we finish at.

Archie surrendered any chance of getting something when he withdrew both Sammon and Storey. We done nothing after that.

Said the same to my bro, bringing Erskine and Doolan on worked in Celtics favour, any pace n power we had upfront was gone. I thought we played ok, Muzzy should’ve been replaced at half time, he was fcuked and him giving away the penalty changed the flow of the game. Ozzy and Edwards looked gubbed aswell but its as if Archie wasn’t bothered about losing and just kept them on to get minutes.

On Saturday I would start with

Cerny

Penrice Cargill Barton Keown Mcginn

Lawless Osman Edwards

Sammon Storey

Thought we played well.If we can keep playing like that we should pick up points against other teams.Big game on Saturday,heard Tommy Wright on radio saying with there cup game being cancelled again they haven't played now since the break.We need to start winning away from home as 4 out of our next 5 games in the league are away.

No idea why Edwards was man of the match, he has a lot of energy but the quality is really lacking. He just isn't improving in my opinion.

edwards missed an absolutely glorious chance in the second half - didn’t think he was too great tonight. My hearing is awful I thought it was announced that Penrice got man of the match. Cargil did fine for his debut. Cerny Abdul Conor and Storey were excellent- if they play like that on Saturday we should give saints plenty of problems

A bit concerned how poor erskine seems to have been in the last few games

Edited by Third Lanark

Thought we played well.If we can keep playing like that we should pick up points against other teams.Big game on Saturday,heard Tommy Wright on radio saying with there cup game being cancelled again they haven't played now since the break.We need to start winning away from home as 4 out of our next 5 games in the league are away.

St J now play us on Saturday then Albion Rovers on Monday!

Penrice was very very good. Forrest would go past anyone 1 on 1. He had little help from Spittal. Get him signed and get him starting every week. Only problem is that we need Booth every week too. Archie, use some initiative to get best out of these 2. Penrice instead of McCarthy?

Good to see Osman playing well. Prefer McGinn to Muzzy till Christie returns. Thought Cargill played well.

Worried about Erskine.

Things are looking better though.

edwards missed an absolutely glorious chance in the second half - didn’t think he was too great tonight. My hearing is awful I thought it was announced that Penrice got man of the match. Cargil did fine for his debut. Cerny Abdul Conor and Storey were excellent- if they play like that on Saturday we should give saints plenty of problems

He didn't - the ball was behind him. He'd be a magician if he had managed to convert that cross.

• Like 2

Thought we played well until we changed to 5 at the back by bringing Barton on.

The players looked lost after this.

Some pleasing performances from Penrice and McCarthy.

Subbing Storey and Sammon did us no favours as their defence looked panicky on the ball with those two around.

Dools and Erskine didn't really settle into the game.

In any case, our shape was lost at that point, so may have made no difference to the result.

Am positive for upcoming games however.

Good to have players back and Cargill looks fine too.

Whilst it was nice to be up at half time I' m pretty sure most Jags fans didn't have any confidence that we would hold out. Absolutely no idea why Archie brings McArthie in for these games, I haven't seen anything to support that choice other than to give the boy experience for nothing.

Penrice was good but is he ahead of Booth probably not so maybe he needs to go out on loan again for the longer therm good of him and the club.

Cargill had a solid debut and on that basis for me a higher level than Turnbull so hopefully that is his level.