Sellick Home 23/1

West Ender

And the non straight red was a disgrace.

I just couldn’t believe that. Beaton is a disgrace.

Why would it be a straight red? I thought the rules (or guidelines) were changed at the beginning of the season so that denying a clear goalscoring opportunity is only a yellow if a penalty is also awarded. Cerny benefitted from this rule change against Dundee, IIRC

Decent enough performance against a Celtic side Imthought that never got out of second gear in the main. Still can cemreasonably satisfied with the performance if that can be applied to a defeat?

Yeah - better than our standard performances against them so far this century, for sure.

However, we need points on the board, and now that three of the invalids and the loanee are/is back and available for selection the points need to start arriving on a regular basis, home and away.

I completely disagree with your reason for us not being able to be an established top 6 team.

Can you describe what an establ8shed top 6 team looks like?

PT in my opinion not a conversation worth having as your expectations and theirs are not on a par.

• Like 1

Yeah - better than our standard performances against them so far this century, for sure.

However, we need points on the board, and now that three of the invalids and the loanee are/is back and available for selection the points need to start arriving on a regular basis, home and away.

Granted we only lost by one but can we clearly say we over performed? Other than the heavy defeat last season we have kept it tight in 3 of the last 4 so how is it better?

Granted we only lost by one but can we clearly say we over performed? Other than the heavy defeat last season we have kept it tight in 3 of the last 4 so how is it better?

The basis for that comment is that for once we took the lead against them. Which is an event in itself, and therefore a step in the right direction.

The last time we did that in the league was in 1995 (I think??).

What concerned me was that, regardless of the level of skill, our players towards the end of that game were whacked, whereas the other side seemed capable of playing on for another match. Given our appalling record of injuries, and that the team had just come back from extra training in the sun but couldn't finish 90 minutes fully capable of competing, the question has to be asked: what is happening to the team's physical conditioning?

The basis for that comment is that for once we took the lead against them. Which is an event in itself, and therefore a step in the right direction.

The last time we did that in the league was in 1995 (I think??).

Really, a basis for improvement?

What concerned me was that, regardless of the level of skill, our players towards the end of that game were whacked, whereas the other side seemed capable of playing on for another match. Given our appalling record of injuries, and that the team had just come back from extra training in the sun but couldn't finish 90 minutes fully capable of competing, the question has to be asked: what is happening to the team's physical conditioning?

Aye we looked knackered quite like Celtic when they played PSG or Barca.

• Like 1

Why would it be a straight red? I thought the rules (or guidelines) were changed at the beginning of the season so that denying a clear goalscoring opportunity is only a yellow if a penalty is also awarded. Cerny benefitted from this rule change against Dundee, IIRC

DACGSO if an attempt to play the ball receives a yellow card. Where no attempt has been made to play the ball it receives s red card. I recall Motherwell losing a player in the cup final for the same thing. If Lustic does not pull back Miles he gets his shot away, a CGSO. Lustic pulls him and should go off.

• Like 2

Are you for real? Just to spell it out for you as you clearly didn't go to school Mon to Fri we need to work hard for our league place which doesn't mean we are poor and certain for relegation just that we need to perform weekly to merit the league place we finish at.

No point in even discussing with you. Take your insults somewhere else, but first try to learn to read and understand what people write.

• Like 2

I completely disagree with your reason for us not being able to be an established top 6 team.

Can you describe what an establ8shed top 6 team looks like?

What they look like? No.

But the two erse cheek, Aberdeen, the two Edi teams and St. Johnstone for much of the time..... . Our overall record against some of those teams is undisputedly abominable, which is why we are nowhere near to being "an established top 6 team." Now why would anybody think that is controversial?

The biggest bottle merchants of any team vs. the erse cheeks. Without doubt. Have been for decades. Which is why we will probably never realistically win any major cup or become an established top-half team.

Ok just for the hard of learning explain to me where you don't raise the expectations that we should be a top six team? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't attend regularly and advise that in our league we have 12 teams so top half means higher than six!!

DACGSO if an attempt to play the ball receives a yellow card. Where no attempt has been made to play the ball it receives s red card. I recall Motherwell losing a player in the cup final for the same thing. If Lustic does not pull back Miles he gets his shot away, a CGSO. Lustic pulls him and should go off.

Cerny made absolutely no attempt to play the ball against Dundee. He stayed on, saved the pen and we won the match.

The guidance given to the refs at the beginning of the season was clear, no straight red if a penalty is also awarded unless there is violent conduct or recklessness (i.e., it would be a red anywhere else on the field). The logic behind this seems reasonable- you can’t say that a clear goalscoring opportunity has been truly denied if a penalty is awarded, as a penalty is in itself a clear goalscoring opportunity

Ok just for the hard of learning explain to me where you don't raise the expectations that we should be a top six team? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't attend regularly and advise that in our league we have 12 teams so top half means higher than six!!

Incomprehensible.

Next.

What they look like? No.

But the two erse cheek, Aberdeen, the two Edi teams and St. Johnstone for much of the time..... . Our overall record against some of those teams is undisputedly abominable, which is why we are nowhere near to being "an established top 6 team." Now why would anybody think that is controversial?

So you have offered 6 teams in the top 6 yet are wondering why the Jags aren't there? Seriously are you that st***d?

From the highlights I've just seen on Youtube.... could have (should have?) been around 7-2 for Celtic.

nope Storey produced great save from Gordon in first half, Sammon nearly got a goal by header in second half and Edwards nearly got a goal in second, even in last few minutes ball just went by post that just needed a slight touch and would have been another goal for us
  • Like 1

The biggest bottle merchants of any team vs. the erse cheeks. Without doubt. Have been for decades.

So we bottled it tonight, did we? Be interested if anyone who was at the match would agree. Maybe point out specific incidents when we were shiteing it and who the real shitebags were.

For what it's worth I thought we could maybe have exploited Celtic's change of formation, maybe go a bit long on occasion and get behind them a bit more.We were tho' a tad unfortunate we couldn't get Barton on the pitch for our own formation change before their goal. Some good individual performances tonight and also collectively for much of the game. I trust that Muzzy really benefited from his 90 mins tonight as I feel his rustiness was the worst aspect of tonight's performance.

• Like 2

While St Johnstone provide hope of becoming “an established top 6 team”, ultimately they are an outlier. Outwith the obviously bigger Glasgow and Edinburgh clubs and Aberdeen, the norm is for a team to have one or two good seasons and then fall back. Since we were promoted, Motherwell, Killie, ICT, County, Dundee and D Utd, and ourselves have all finished top 6, but none ever looked like establishing themselves there (unless we have another great second half of the pre splt season!)

nope Storey produced great save from Gordon in first half, Sammon nearly got a goal by header in second half and Edwards nearly got a goal in second, even in last few minutes ball just went by post that just needed a slight touch and would have been another goal for us

Maybe we're unlucky not to have won.

We just don't seem to get any luck against either of them, judging from the last 40 or 50-odd games without a single win...

Edited by Jaggernaut

What they look like? No.

So is it our results against an already established top 6 that don't make us an established top 6 team, or is it bottle?

How many other reasons do you have for us not being one of the 7 established top 6 teams?

Do Motherwell & Kilmarnock share the same reasons? Dundee?

What about when you get to our realistic level of Hamilton & Ross County? Do they have different reasons for not being an established top 6 team?