Where Will We Finish?

Auld Jag

As a Thistle fan I want to be optimistic and remember how we started the win against Sht Johnstone and the 4-3 with Aberdeen. Now we have important first team players back from injury, and possibly a great defender in Bailey Cargill and it's so tight again already this season, couple of wins and the rub of the green....so optimistically top six..fith...But then I read Owen muggy coil has signed ngog...Yes him and other teams are strengthening around us, every weekend there's a coupon buster. The pessimistic...I will be happy if we stay up, and we're in fifa 19 next year. Don't want a relegation playoff..really strong championship.

I believe we will finish somewhere in the top 10. That will do me for now, and surpass our current run of continuous seasons in the Premiership. No management team among our bottom six rivals have the experience and track record of Archie & Scott in these survival situations.

One day, no doubt the bubble will burst, but we'll have been well spoilt by then. Until that day comes, we just strut our stuff in the big league enjoying the ride. Because we can.

Monni Jags.

• Like 1

Unless we get a points deduction then its upto us how well we do. There seems to be a theme that everyone is out to get us. We are not sevco in disguise. We blame referees when our own performance should be questioned instead. Who gets the blame if we dont turn up on saturday? Its certainly not at the door of the SPFL. Its upto Archie and the board how well we do, nobody else.

As has been already said, we need to start winning away from home. If we can get that creativity into our game and be better in the final third we should still be a premier league team next season

Results couldn't have gone better for us tonight.

A couple of months ago I'd have suggested they may just have looked the right results but come the end of the season we may have wished otherwise. Agree now the three clubs we want to see do badly are Dundee, Accies and County. No idea where we'll end up. I've reasonable expectations for us but more so than ever so much will depend on fixtures we're not involved in.

8th I think.

We're better than we're giving ourselves credit for I think. Obviously injuries will play a key part, but if we can keep the 'match' squad from Tuesday fit, we'll do OK. It will be tight though & a lot may depend on who takes unexpected points from the top 3 / 5 teams.

Rangers signing Docherty from Hamilton could be important & hopefully we don't lose anybody. Be good if Lindsay moved & we got a wee bit of extra £ in the bank - a cheeky wee loan for a goalscoring midfielder would be delightful!

If first quarter means playing every team once, I'm sure it will be similar next season.

The order in which you play teams can make a real difference at the start of the season.

Would you rather play the weaker teams first and get say 8 or 9 points or lose the first 5 games v the top teams and then have to try and get 8 or 9 points after this?

If we did the former, momentum might mean we'd get some points from the top teams too.

It's crushing to play the first two months with little chance of many points.

The fact that the team and management can recover from this year after year is admirable.

The order in which you play teams can make a real difference at the start of the season.

Would you rather play the weaker teams first and get say 8 or 9 points or lose the first 5 games v the top teams and then have to try and get 8 or 9 points after this?

If we did the former, momentum might mean we'd get some points from the top teams too.

It's crushing to play the first two months with little chance of many points.

The fact that the team and management can recover from this year after year is admirable.

I will admit to being somewhat flippant.

If we survive to start another season in the Premiership we will be in uncharted waters for me as a Jags fan. I think whatever the order we play games in, we need to, as Barney suggests, kick off our season a bit earlier. It will make for a happier season for us all.

All the teams play each other, the order we play them imo doesn't matter.Our performances and results against Kilmarnock(home and away)Dundee (away) and Motherwell (away) is the reason we are second bottom.It is still in our own hands regarding pulling away from the botom2 places.

• Like 2