Away Attendance At Rugby Park

Gaucho

There are over 1000 more away fans at that game today than the entire (home and away) support at our recent game against Celtic. Yet we play in the same city as them.

We really have to sort out segregation arrangements when we play the Old Firm. It's must be costing the club 100's of thousands every season in lost revenue.

There are over 1000 more away fans at that game today than the entire (home and away) support at our recent game against Celtic. Yet we play in the same city as them.

We really have to sort out segregation arrangements when we play the Old Firm. It's must be costing the club 100's of thousands every season in lost revenue.

Rugby park holds roughly 8000 more than Firhill does at capacity.

And they routinely give them 3 sides of the stadium I’m sure.

Maybe think about taking the points as opposed to the cash? Small team mentality.

You did catch the Killie score today? Maybe also worth pointing out cash usually turns into points, that's generally why the better supported teams are at the top of the league and the lesser at the bottom. Pretty sure the point being made was we are handicapping ourselves by the current arrangements as our home support just doesn't justify taking the two stands.

You did catch the Killie score today? Maybe also worth pointing out cash usually turns into points, that's generally why the better supported teams are at the top of the league and the lesser at the bottom. Pretty sure the point being made was we are handicapping ourselves by the current arrangements as our home support just doesn't justify taking the two stands.

Did Kilmarnock turf their season ticket holders out their seats? I'm sorry but it's absolutely scandalous I fork out £300 for a season ticket and get punted out my seat 3/4 times a season.

Did Kilmarnock turf their season ticket holders out their seats? I'm sorry but it's absolutely scandalous I fork out £300 for a season ticket and get punted out my seat 3/4 times a season.

Sorry but that is exactly the type of comment and precious self interest that I can't understand. In case I'm mistaken you didn't buy a seat you bought the right to enter the games to see "your" team, if I'm wrong and it really is just the seat I'm pretty sure we can fix that so that all are happy? Just let's know what you are really interested in so we can have your seat with you in time for Tuesday.

Sorry but that is exactly the type of comment and precious self interest that I can't understand. In case I'm mistaken you didn't buy a seat you bought the right to enter the games to see "your" team, if I'm wrong and it really is just the seat I'm pretty sure we can fix that so that all are happy? Just let's know what you are really interested in so we can have your seat with you in time for Tuesday.

Thanks for your concern however I'm not going on Tuesday. The thought of some rancid bigoted cretin sitting in my seat spewing out his hatred fully supported by apologists like you makes me feel ill.

This is the thing there are a lot of ST holders that choose not to attend the OF games. Could we have an option of a season ticket that does not include OF games? Let's face it the number of Jags fans attending OF games in recent seasons could all easily fit in the Colin Weir Stand (could the enclosure in front of it be termed safe standing if the numbers were limited?). It would be packed and probably create a better home support atmosphere than we've recently had at these games.

I'm old enough to remember back to games in the 70's when we played the OF and the Thistle fans were all housed in that part of the ground. In saying that crowds of over 24,000 odd was the norm back then. If we could get 3000 more away fans into these games paying an approx £20 per head. That's an extra £60k times (possibly) 4 games per season = £240k. It's surely worth thinking about......

Thanks for your concern however I'm not going on Tuesday. The thought of some rancid bigoted cretin sitting in my seat spewing out his hatred fully supported by apologists like you makes me feel ill.

So you don't attend the games of concern yet expect to have a view on how the stadium should be divided! That is the sort of negative impact that really defines some of our support, they will do anything to raise their voice and influence the policies of the club yet don't either put their hands in their pockets or will stand in the way of progress without seriously considering the alternatives or making the effort/investment to be at a game.

Rugby park holds roughly 8000 more than Firhill does at capacity.

And they routinely give them 3 sides of the stadium I’m sure.

They've only ever given three sides when there's been a title on the line. Usually it's just behind both goals.

They did when they had fans in the Chadwick Stand (opposite the normal away end) - now that this is closed to home fans, they don't have to move any of their supporters when the bigots come to town.

Fwiw, we're in a tough situation with Firhill given its current setup. Either we inconvenience our own supporters a few times a season or we lose out on a pretty substantial amount of cash. I'm not saying it isn't rubbish losing your seat that you've paid for a couple of times a season, but I do think it's the right decision, considering doing it for these games probably makes us enough money to afford that extra couple of players every season.

Vs like every other Thistle fan I want us to be competitive and that means maximizing our income.I would love it if we could fill Firhill with Thistle fans.We cant so when we can get a bigger crowd than normal we imo have to do it.When we can get more of our own fans in then we can reduce there allocation.

I also hate the atmosphere that the 2 teams bring but that will not stop me going and supporting my team at Firhill.

Edited by Auld Jag
  • Like 1

I hope this argument can continue next season, if our business revolves around a couple of games against the old firm then Its not being run properly. The Weirs are doing their best to point us in the right direction, the only way for teams like us is to survive is to commit to youth development and sell. In the meanwhile forget the notion of pimping your ass to the old firm

Sabbath, the only way we can commit to youth development is by spending money on it. And where will that cash come from unless we maximise all our income streams, including taking as much of the OF gate money as possible?

The Weirs may be showing us the way forward but they are not bankrolling the club with no questions asked.

The training facility will not be free for the club to use and I would guess if Thistles's income were to drop drastically, say through relegation, then no doubt exclusive use for us would become less affordable.

It's fine saying we should not sell our souls for the OF cash but until we can do without it then it looks like we are going to need it.

No doubt we will get similar arguments if we ever do become a developing and selling club. Should we keep our young talent in order for us to maintain a certain position in the top flight?

• Like 1

re the OP...Maybe worth pointing out game played on a saturday rather than midweek?

We do seem to get the rough too many times with our fixtures (insert favourite conspiracy theory here - I have my own)

This is massively relevant. Killie v Celtic at Rugby Park always seems to be a Saturday lunchtime ko (maybe because it’s close to the sea ports from ireland). We on the other hand get Tues/Weds/Thurs/Fri nights, particularly against Celtic home and away

re the OP...Maybe worth pointing out game played on a saturday rather than midweek?

Ah, Peaty, you've gone and spoiled things. :) . Was enjoying all the fall out up to then. Of course you're right and all other things being equal a Saturday lunchtime fixture will draw a larger crowd than a midweek game. Even more so in midwinter.