The Rangers 6/2/18

Auld Jag

Since The Rangers got promoted to the Premier league we have been unlucky not to get a win against them at Firhill. This season we have played them twice at home and we have played well. If we come out and play as we have been doing at Firhill we can take something from this game.We have to start with the right attitude and not stand off them.

Much as I hate to give them any credit, they do have one or two dangerous attacking players, however they are not so hot defensively. What that means is simply you are right. We have to be defensively solid ourselves, as we can be, but we also have to try to get the ball in and around their penalty area right from the start and keep doing that. Need Booth back and the rest of our defenders on their "A" game but we also need to go out with an attacking mentality as they are very beatable - as plenty of other teams have shown, it's about time we showed it too for once.

• Like 1

They looked pretty good from what I saw of the highlights of their game v Hibs. Definitely agree with Mr Bunny re our defence being on top of their game. in my mind, tho' we only lost one goal, we'll have to defend with more authority than we did at Fir Pk. We've got the players to do just that and in Woods a player who can link Abdul and the back four (or three) with our attacking players.

A few years ago a visiting American very kindly gave me a gift of a Philadelphia Eagles hoodie. Although I wore the hoodie I did not take much interest in the Eagles until last night I saw that they were in the Superbowl Final. They had never won it before and were unfancied against an expensively assembled superstar laden team who had lifted the trophy on numerous occasions.

Yet with a combination of in your face bravery, dogged determination and some wonderful trick plays, the Eagles won the day. I am wearing the hoodie to Firhill tomorrow night in the hope that it will inspire the Jags or at least be some sort of lucky omen and reminder that every underdog has its day!

I also recall that the eagles defeated the dark forces of the Nazgul in the Lord of the Rings.

• Like 2

They have improved,but they have still had a few bad results.As I have said elsewhere I will have my Doolan 100 scarf and hope if we see a historical no 100 league goal tomorrow night it earns us something from the game.Other scorers for Thistle are allowed.But how good would it be for Dools to score the winner.:shakeshout:

I've frankly given up thinking that we'll ever get a win against either of the erse cheeks, regardless of how poor their teams are, how many crippling injuries or horrid diseases are ravaging their squads, how good our own recent form has been.

Maybe one day there will be a pleasant surprise, as seems to happen to quite a lot of other teams in the league.... but not us.