Ross County (a) Saturday 03 March???

CCjag

Apologies if posted elsewhere, but - following our farcical fixture list in December, an opportunity exists for that rarest of commodities in Scottish Football – common sense – to be given an airing.

We are out of the Cup, as are Ross County, so why not shift the Wednesday 28/02 nightmare trip to Saturday 03 March when neither team has a fixture?

The advantages:

·         A bigger crowd for the home side

·         A bigger travelling support for The Jags at this vital fixture

·         No need for people to take time off work the day before, nor to struggle in the following day after a return to Glasgow in the early hours

·         An opportunity to put the customer first

The disadvantages:

·         The SPFL fear of setting a precedent by putting fans first?

Hard to think of a reason why this can't/shouldn't be done, but I'm sure someone in officialdom will come up with a reason/excuse!

Edited by CCjag
  • Like 3

Very valid points CCJag. I'm one who would near certainly attend  a Saturday game at Dingwall but I'm swithering about going midweek.

Bigger crowd? Not so sure as there'll still be a reported attendance of 3326. Guess what i'm getting at is the onus is on Ross County as the home team to get the fixture changed. Far from convinced that Roy McGregor will be that concerned.

The club are already looking into this.  Had agreed to approach County if we didn't get to QF of cup.  It makes sense and good to see the club being pro-active, although as mentioned previously it wouldn't surprise me if the SPFL come up with some obscure reason not to allow it.