New deal for penrice

jaggyben

Good bit of business by club.  I think James has all the potential to go on the same path as Liam Lindsay.  Has a great dead ball delivery and from recent loan spells (where he was highly rated) he seems to have developed into a more all round player capable of playing in a few positions.  Just like when Liam broke through there have been a few moments of defending naivety however I am sure they will be ironed out with experience.

And in shameless plug why not enter chance below to win his top signed.  Could earn you a fortune on ebay in 5 years time :)

http://www.wearethistle.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/12740-last-jag-standing-2018-james-penrice/

• Like 1

Since the injury list has eased up Archie's rotating the squad. That obviously makes folk question his team selections more often than not. The upside to that is when forced to make a change thru suspension or a knock the guy coming in is match fit. For instance I believe McGinn is suspended this Saturday. Muzzy will come in and he's had a bit of game time. In short as long as Penrice shows up well in training he'll get time to impress. Probably not as much time as he would want, but for once with competition for places that boils down to us having a good problem.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

8 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

On the subject of full backs/wing backs I see Christie starts today for the U20s.

Great to see, a player Archie will be delighted to have back in contention soon.  That u20 team today looking not too bad actually with Penrice,Scully and Fraser starting.  Competition for places a luxury we did not have fairly recently.