The Battle of New Douglas Park

jagfox

I wasn’t at the game today so interested to hear from folk who were... 

given we arguably have the best squad on paper since coming up to the SPL and given most of the injured players are back , and we can sometimes dominate long periods of games .....

today Hamilton lost 3 defenders during the course of the game and yet our only goal comes from a penalty ....  we appear to lack any bottle whatsoever... 

the radio said Ross C were rank today but they’ll probably be more up for it next week than us! 

Zero points from two must win games and both from leading positions. 

7 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

I didn’t say that, if you’re referring to my post... 

No, wasn't referring to your post. Just making the point that some people think the squad and the manager are the best ever. And clearly they aren't.

Edited by Big Col

Cant see the manager being sacked at this time of the season.We were getting told by fans on this forum everything would be alright because of what has happened in the past /our injury list.The last 2 games we would have won in previous seasons.I will be delighted if I am proven wrong but unless something drastic happens we will not need to worry about giving up Firhill to the old firm fans next season.

• Like 1

Archie said that this is the strongest squad since coming up. That is absolute rubbish. 

We have no game changers. At least during the first season we had Higgy when he could be arsed. But that team Archie has assembled is no where near good enough. Still relying on players signed by Ian McCall and Jackie! 

4 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

Seven points v Dundee, Accies & County would have seen us going into the split with a fighting chance of survival.

That is the least amount I hoped we would have got.Ihonestly don't see where our next win will come from.In previous seasons we have started badly but had a run where we went unbeaten and picked up points.Our longest unbeaten run this season is 3 games and we got 7 points from them.A season to forget after our best in over 30 years.Anybody who thinks we will walk the Championship think again.Anytime we have been relegated from the Premier league it has taken us at least 9 seasons to come back.No dramatic last day of the season action for us.

7 minutes ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

Archie said that this is the strongest squad since coming up. That is absolute rubbish. 

We have no game changers. At least during the first season we had Higgy when he could be arsed. But that team Archie has assembled is no where near good enough. Still relying on players signed by Ian McCall and Jackie! 

If that is the strongest squad that means its not the squads fault. Therefor its the managers fault.