Thistle vs Aberdeen - Game On

jagfox

Football (hopefully) returns to Firhill on Saturday. If ever the team needed a positive result to galvanised the team and fans for a tough run in, this is the game.

On current form we have little to no chance but results and defensive naivety aside we didn't play that badly in the previous couple of matches. 

I'd probably take a draw if was being offered right now...

:fan:

If we would've picked up at least 4 points from our last 2 games this is a game a point would've been a good result.But I now feel this is a game we really need to win.We have no easy games from now until the end of the season  and if we want to stay in this league we will need to pick up some unexpected points.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Garscube Road End said:

Watch for the Aberdeen reaction after the draw yesterday. Shinnie and Christie will tear our midfield apart. Mackay-Steven will rip our backs a new arse. May and or Rooney will ragdoll our CB's. Carnage to ensure.

Ah well no point going on Saturday now. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Garscube Road End said:

Watch for the Aberdeen reaction after the draw yesterday. Shinnie and Christie will tear our midfield apart. Mackay-Steven will rip our backs a new arse. May and or Rooney will ragdoll our CB's. Carnage to ensure.

So what if they do. It just allows Cerny the chance to pull off save after save after save

• Like 1

Week's break has seen a bit of the headache subside, so there's a strange feeling that this game could be anything despite the recent evidence.  

I'd thank you gladly for a point and a team selection that I don't shake my head at.  

From now until the end of the season it's a battle for every minute in every game. We have to up our aggression and intensity levels massively . Watching the Well Tarts cup game made me think our team would have folded like a pack of cards in a situation like that. We have a team of nice boys who are going to have to became a squad of angry men to save us now. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Garscube Road End said:

Hopefully Archie has thought ahead for this game and built snowmen to play in defence. They would probably be more mobile.

They probably wouldnt melt as much as our defence either when Aberdeen turn up the heat in the last 10 minutes.

Although its a big ask, we need a couple of wins from our remaining fixtures to give us a fighting chance going into the split. If our mentality is expecting to get beat then theres no point in us being in this division. Attack from start to finish, we all know far too well what happens when we sit back.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CotterJag said:

In all honesty, it's hard to see where we can get more than 4 points from in our pre-split games.

I'd honestly take the play-off spot right now.

C'mon Jags, surprise me tomorrow. 

That's being generous. 2 pts at best from remaining 5 and bottom spot secured going into final 5 games I'd say. I'll eat my hat if we don't finish bottom after 38 games.  Annoying thing for me is that we'd probably have enough to win playoff. Sad that we'll pass St Mirren on way down but fingers crossed Ayr come up for a wee day out next season. Just hope Stranraer stay in League 1 season after next after our double relegation. Looks a great away day. 

You can sense from this thread that there's a palpable sense of dejection amongst our support and to be honest I for one can't really blame them. To be honest we are where we are, because of our inability to win or take points from teams round about us.

Nonetheless, there is no point in having an inquest at this stage of the season. Essentially it's up to the players and management to step up to the plate and do the business.