PTFC Trust Meeting

Fawlty Towers

From Maxi:

Expect an announcement next month on the new training facility 'all being well'. Then expect around 12 months for council planning to go through as it's considered a major development due to acreage. Ckub will get the pitches done first.  2 grass pitches for 1st and development teams and 2 artificial for academy and ladies' team. Then build the changing and admin facilities. Think indoor facilities are part of the wish list. 

Season tickets likely to go up assuming we are stll  in the premier league Maxi said been no rise in 4 yrs. Was asked to look at some way of spreading cost over the season.

New disabled supporter viewing platform had a lot of good feedback Roof on JHS needs work and club would like to do some work in main stand.

No update on any development on the bing.

Home attendances down on this time last season (around 350 rings a bell maybe someone can confirm) . He highlighted the Motherwell game as the main reason. Midweek, crap weather (my words!) etc meant attendance was well down on average but Dundee game was up. 

Beth Adamson spoke well about what she  was doing, marketing the club to schools, youth football clubs to come along and players going into schools to talk to assemblies. Also good feedback from the female fan survey. Will look to take some of the ideas forward.

I'm sure others can add more and correct any errors 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Wayfarer said:

From Maxi:

Expect an announcement next month on the new training facility 'all being well'. Then expect around 12 months for council planning to go through as it's considered a major development due to acreage. Ckub will get the pitches done first.  2 grass pitches for 1st and development teams and 2 artificial for academy and ladies' team. Then build the changing and admin facilities. Think indoor facilities are part of the wish list. 

Season tickets likely to go up assuming we are stll  in the premier league Maxi said been no rise in 4 yrs. Was asked to look at some way of spreading cost over the season.

New disabled supporter viewing platform had a lot of good feedback Roof on JHS needs work and club would like to do some work in main stand.

No update on any development on the bing.

Home attendances down on this time last season (around 350 rings a bell maybe someone can confirm) . He highlighted the Motherwell game as the main reason. Midweek, crap weather (my words!) etc meant attendance was well down on average but Dundee game was up. 

Beth Adamson spoke well about what she  was doing, marketing the club to schools, youth football clubs to come along and players going into schools to talk to assemblies. Also good feedback from the female fan survey. Will look to take some of the ideas forward.

I'm sure others can add more and correct any errors 

Thanks for the update.

On 3/11/2018 at 10:05 PM, Big Col said:

The worst season in 4 years and they want to put up the price of season tickets? Ah yes, I see the logic. Nothing like antagonising your core support.

I'd be concerned that any dilution of ST value for money against pay at the gate prices would result in reduced ST sales.

Also it's been done to death on here and I'm not wanting to start up the ugly sister stuff again. Nevertheless putting up ST prices (with no added value) could be seen as if the Club think ST holders are generally happy with the status quo. Maybe they're using Scot Rail as a role model? :)

• Like 2

The club needs all the money it can get.  I pay my season ticket to help the club and make just over 50% of games.

Sounds like the club could benefit from a wee short term boost from the fans.

We could

1. Bring a friend along to Killie game to push the crowd up.  I'm worried their Away support will challenge our home support.

2. Take up the reduced player sponsorship that is still available.

3. Join Centenary Fund to win some £.

4. Buy from club shop. Do we get a cut or is it a one off payment?

14 hours ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

The club needs all the money it can get.  I pay my season ticket to help the club and make just over 50% of games.

Sounds like the club could benefit from a wee short term boost from the fans.

We could

1. Bring a friend along to Killie game to push the crowd up.  I'm worried their Away support will challenge our home support.

2. Take up the reduced player sponsorship that is still available.

3. Join Centenary Fund to win some £.

4. Buy from club shop. Do we get a cut or is it a one off payment?

1. Almost every time I've done that, the team has been truly dismal and usually loses.

2. There's a limit to how many player-worn shirts people want to be in with a shout of winning.

3. FIX

4. The merchandise is mostly garbage.

Better ideas than I can come up with, though!

16 hours ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

So the question of value for money plays absolutely no part in your decision to buy a season ticket. I'm sure you're not alone.

I think tho' you would accept that .....

a/money is tight for the majority of supporters

b/reducing the differential between ST cost and overall patg costs thus reducing the benefit of purchasing a season ticket, particularly for those in  "a/", is not going to help increase the number of ST holders. Is in fact likely to have the opposite effect.

c/ Even those fans who purchase a ST with not much thought given to value for money would rather not be considered a soft touch.

• Like 2

It wasn't specifically mentioned but I assumed at the meeting that if ST were going up so would PATG prices.

For what its worth I'd like the option to buy a ST that includes all home cup games (not just the sectional games in the league cup), I know we can't guarantee any home draws but pay an additional say £15 to get into all home cup games. Also I'd prefer a ST that excludes league games against the ugly sisters.

The club should look at a way of spreading the cost over the season that doesn't include taking out a loan from some 3rd party company who no doubt take a cut from the club and the fans, the option to pay say quarterly by direct debit would help many pay for their season ticket. with the new electronic ticket it should be easy enough to cancel any that miss a payment.

Added extras with the ST would be good but I'd prefer some decent merchandise. Think it's Davy Mains that does the retro tops, stuff like that and some tshirts like the ones Greaves sold when we had the deal with them would be a decent addition, if TTL won't do them there must be some fans that would be happy to help. The Edinburgh & East of Scotland guys have done some great ones over the years

• Like 1

1 hour ago, One t in Scotland said:

These home support figures are truly abysmal.

Probably reflects some really poor football this season. I’m surprised that the OF attendances are so high, I’m sure official commentary gave a much lower home attendance at last Rangers game