Ian Maxwell replaced by....

elevenone

14 hours ago, Tom Stronach said:

Well that’s just nonsense, isn’t it?

The ‘Scottish cringe’ at its very worst.

Quite; hysterical tabloid-style nonsense, 'Oh, what must they think of us ?'

The answer is they don't think of us at all, Scottish football is largely ignored the world over (as is every other small country's).

• Like 1

If we are to believe what we read in the press then we will require a replacement for Maxi soon. I can't see it being anyone currently involved in the office. It might be one of the current directors in the short term but I don't imagine they would want it longer term so who can we get?

Ian McCall always said that he wanted to come back in that sort of role but given Ayr look like they will be in the Championship next season would he leave?

Edited by Fawlty Towers

31 minutes ago, sandy said:

McCall is not the right person. We need someone with really strong business & project management skills.

To be fair Sandy McCall probably has more of this than maxi had when he first started the role and I’m pretty sure he could learn as well - think as Martin suggests McCall would be a good shout

4 hours ago, sandy said:

We need someone with really strong business & project management skills.

We also could do with someone who will stand up for the Jags supporter. Maybe someone who wouldn't simply accept the status quo seating allocation for a Scottish Cup game at Parkhead. Someone who would complain loudly and bitterly at the way our support is treated at NDP.  Someone who could remind Ann Budge of our co-operation with her club and point out that getting charged £26/£19 for a seat, where you may or may not be able to see the near goalmouth, isn't the way to repay that co-operation. That's just three occasions this year (Palmerston wasn't that cleverly handled either) where I would expect someone from our Club to be fighting us fans' corner .  

• Like 4

14 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

We also could do with someone who will stand up for the Jags supporter. Maybe someone who wouldn't simply accept the status quo seating allocation for a Scottish Cup game at Parkhead. Someone who would complain loudly and bitterly at the way our support is treated at NDP.  Someone who could remind Ann Budge of our co-operation with her club and point out that getting charged £26/£19 for a seat, where you may or may not be able to see the near goalmouth, isn't the way to repay that co-operation. That's just three occasions this year (Palmerston wasn't that cleverly handled either) where I would expect someone from our Club to be fighting us fans' corner .  

Old history, but the opportunity for that independent representation was lost with the "leap of faith" that cut out the independent fans' representation which was entitled to a seat on the board. I doubt if any board would willingly reintroduce such representation.

On 3/18/2018 at 5:57 PM, Third Lanark said:

To be fair Sandy McCall probably has more of this than maxi had when he first started the role and I’m pretty sure he could learn as well - think as Martin suggests McCall would be a good shout

Maxi had no experience previously just a love of the club, the game and a desire to learn and reach out for help and advice.

In my opinion apart from one or two wee mistakes he’s done a fantastic job, and should be applauded for it

• Like 3

While the link below is obviously written from a certain viewpoint, I've been following this saga for long enough to know that the vast majority of the facts quoted are undisputed.   It makes you wonder why Maxi (or indeed, anyone) would want to take on this role .....

https://thecelticblog.com/2018/03/blogs/the-hampden-ibrox-alliance-has-already-endangered-our-game-it-must-not-be-allowed-to-do-so-again/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Buckstone said:

It makes you wonder why Maxi (or indeed, anyone) would want to take on this role .....

Been thinking that for some time. Can't help feeling that if anyone had aspirations of taking over that job they'd hang fire and let Regan's replacement take the flack. At present the position bar the obvious remuneration benefits has as much appeal as taking over Harold Shipman's practice.

12 hours ago, Buckstone said:

While the link below is obviously written from a certain viewpoint, I've been following this saga for long enough to know that the vast majority of the facts quoted are undisputed.   It makes you wonder why Maxi (or indeed, anyone) would want to take on this role .....

https://thecelticblog.com/2018/03/blogs/the-hampden-ibrox-alliance-has-already-endangered-our-game-it-must-not-be-allowed-to-do-so-again/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Yes, written from a certain angle but it highlights the historic corruption at the heart of our game.  The football authorities were complicit in Rangers' cheating of the taxman and EVERY other Scottish club, including Thistle, during the EBT years and the 'wee tax case' that preceded it.  

Have things really changed since?

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Officially announced and we are looking for a replacement 

David Beattie: “Reflecting good business practice, as part of our risk assessment the Board has standing plans in place for the replacement of key individuals to ensure stability for the Club. We have now activated the process to replace Ian and are grateful to Gerry for agreeing to step in as Interim Chief Executive when Ian leaves. We want the best person available for this pivotal role as soon as possible. But the speed of the appointment shouldn’t be at the cost of getting it right. So our aim is to have the permanent replacement in place for the start of next season.”

Is there a hint here that likely contenders are already known?

1 hour ago, Fearchar said:

Is there a hint here that likely contenders are already known?

Well it's come as no surprise that Maxie is offski so the Board will (should?) be able to get the wheels in motion right away. Tho' just what appealed to him about the £300K plus a year job is anyone's guess. I'd imagine even if we did have someone in mind it's likely their period of notice might be protracted. If we're recruiting from inside football the close season is a particularly important time for this kinda job.  Far from ideal but I think getting someone in place for the start of the season is realistic tho' I can imagine it dragging on a bit.

Any possibility that either or both of the interim appointments might become permanent? Both seem to have some of the appropriate credentials and it could just be that the time is right for a step up (or part sideways and part up as the case may be).

I presume that we have Kingsley tied up on a Jim McLean length contract and there is no danger of him jumping ship and becoming the new National Mascot.