Hearts at Tynecastle

elevenone

13 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Debatable if that would happen , biggest thing is the turnover would go from £4 million a year to probably just under a million , think that’s where the problem lies and beggars belief why we didn’t strengthen in January.

Did we have the funds to strengthen over and above Woods and Cargill?

And give Fraser a contract til the end of the season.

Edited by potty trained

3 hours ago, potty trained said:

And just because it's the boards decision doesn't mean folk can't share their opinion. Refusing to share your opinion, because that's a board decision is a cop out. I can't believe you're disputing this! 

And for accuracy. Just because you don't want Archie sacked today, doesn't mean you haven't previously wanted him sacked. 

I have wanted Archie sacked in the past.But I think it is to late now to save our season so we have to hope he can keep us up. If we were to go down I do hope your Utopian idea of what would happen is correct and not mine which is based on previous experience.

Regardless your views for keeping or changing the manager, the fact is we are crap this season. There’s no fight no passion no belief, either from the players or from the coaching staff on the touchline. Even with injuries you’d expect the players to bust a gut, run through walls for the gaffer, the team, and supporters, this is the big thing missing this season, with the majority of the team.

We have a captain who’s more interested in flogging jumpers and caps, and posting social media pictures of it by his celebrity mates, than of buckling down and captaining the team on the park.

Our manager isn’t learning from his previous mistakes, and his substitutions, selections and tactics are getting more and more questionable, especially with next to a fully fit squad back.

Our fans are split on the manager, and it’s becoming more and more polarized, plus our numbers are declining. Going down and sticking with the manager will only increase this.

I can’t see us getting above 11th, but more worryingly I don’t see this squad having the nerve, desire, bottle or fitness to beat a championship team over 2 legs who’ll be flying, with everything to gain and nothing to lose, whereas we have everything to lose, going down will massively impact us, and without a significant investment we could be there for a god few years

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

Regardless your views for keeping or changing the manager, the fact is we are crap this season. There’s no fight no passion no belief, either from the players or from the coaching staff on the touchline. Even with injuries you’d expect the players to bust a gut, run through walls for the gaffer, the team, and supporters, this is the big thing missing this season, with the majority of the team.

We have a captain who’s more interested in flogging jumpers and caps, and posting social media pictures of it by his celebrity mates, than of buckling down and captaining the team on the park.

Our manager isn’t learning from his previous mistakes, and his substitutions, selections and tactics are getting more and more questionable, especially with next to a fully fit squad back.

Our fans are split on the manager, and it’s becoming more and more polarized, plus our numbers are declining. Going down and sticking with the manager will only increase this.

I can’t see us getting above 11th, but more worryingly I don’t see this squad having the nerve, desire, bottle or fitness to beat a championship team over 2 legs who’ll be flying, with everything to gain and nothing to lose, whereas we have everything to lose, going down will massively impact us, and without a significant investment we could be there for a god few years

Agree with everything.

For all his limited footballing capacity, another one of Archibald's muck-ups over the past couple of seasons is that he didn't replace Sean Welsh. I was never his biggest advocate, but he did seem to have a presence on the field. Now we have a captain who would rather spend his injury leave at Old Trafford with his freeloader pal Mathias Pogba, and flogging his merch than being a leader. Might sound harsh, but I make no apologies for it. Can't imagine Lambie allowing that. 

Lambie employed players that spent days in the bookies and pubs, one even going as far as gambling away his house and requiring a transfer to obtain a signing on fee, so I’m not sure why you think he’d treat Osman any differently than Archibald. Not sure either the relevance of making him hang around Glasgow when injured, as long as he kept up his rehab programme wherever he was sleeping.

Edited by ClydebankJag

41 minutes ago, sandy said:

One thing I do agree with: we need a new team captain. Osman is a cool character, but we need a bigger voice on the park to get the team responding when heads go down.

Three things. I don't think you're wrong. Just now is probably the wrong time to change. Struggling to see who that "bigger voice" could be.  

Probably throw in a fourth thing. The captain whoever it is needs to be a regular first choice. In regards to that I can only think of Cerny as an automatic starter and for a couple of reasons I doubt he'd be suitable. 

9 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Three things. I don't think you're wrong. Just now is probably the wrong time to change. Struggling to see who that "bigger voice" could be.  

Probably throw in a fourth thing. The captain whoever it is needs to be a regular first choice. In regards to that I can only think of Cerny as an automatic starter and for a couple of reasons I doubt he'd be suitable. 

I think now is certainly the time to change captain  .We have zero leadership on the pitch. Conner Sammon is  is the only guy   I can see who fits the bill. Leads by example and is very vocal too. When an on loan player bawls out your club captain for not getting up and chasing back, as Sammon did to Osman a couple of games ago then that tells you  all that's wrong with the attitude of the players . The lack of an obvious choice outside of Cerny is symptomatic of the type of player  Archie has always signed. Basically nice guys that wouldnt say boo to a goose.

3 minutes ago, sandy said:

Elliot as captain could work.

Agree with this - has done everything in his power to do well as a professional footballer with his attributes, and by all accounts that reflects his humility off the park as well.

Only thing is that it would send a poor message to change club captain in our current circumstances.

There's a need to recognise collective responsibility for where we are now - the shambolic league position - is not down to one individual on or off the park. Having said that, the management carry more responsibility than most. 

2 hours ago, potty trained said:

Did we have the funds to strengthen over and above Woods and Cargill?

And give Fraser a contract til the end of the season.

I would imagine Cargill was a like for like replacement for Turnbull , I’ve no idea if there was any budget left for the football department but if I was on the board of directors I would have found money for Archie  if he wanted to strengthen the squad. The consequences for our team getting relegated are calamitous, not only the huge drop in turnover, trying to run the academy on a Championship turnover , existing players on 2 or 3 contracts etc etc .  I’m not even sure whether Archie wanted to freshen things up in January, I think he’s gambled on getting the injured players back and back to the level they were at before.           At this moment Archie has called it wrong , I’m not so sure we can turn this around.

1 hour ago, jlsarmy said:

I would imagine Cargill was a like for like replacement for Turnbull , I’ve no idea if there was any budget left for the football department but if I was on the board of directors I would have found money for Archie  if he wanted to strengthen the squad. The consequences for our team getting relegated are calamitous, not only the huge drop in turnover, trying to run the academy on a Championship turnover , existing players on 2 or 3 contracts etc etc .  I’m not even sure whether Archie wanted to freshen things up in January, I think he’s gambled on getting the injured players back and back to the level they were at before.           At this moment Archie has called it wrong , I’m not so sure we can turn this around.

It is a toss up whether getting rid of Archie would be good or bad. Killie got lucky, County didn’t. A lot has been said that the players are not up for the fight, therefore getting rid of the manager won’t make a difference. The argument that Archie can’t motivate is obviously wrong as he has done in the last 4 seasons. 

Regarding the impact of getting relegated is uncertain. The Weirs are funding the academy so unless they pull out - no impact. 

Turnover will be down, but so will player costs - surely even players on 2 or 3 year contracts.

We can try to blame whoever we like but the fact is we get poor crowds and for whatever reason targeted players don’t want to come to Firhill

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

It is a toss up whether getting rid of Archie would be good or bad. Killie got lucky, County didn’t. A lot has been said that the players are not up for the fight, therefore getting rid of the manager won’t make a difference. The argument that Archie can’t motivate is obviously wrong as he has done in the last 4 seasons. 

Regarding the impact of getting relegated is uncertain. The Weirs are funding the academy so unless they pull out - no impact. 

Turnover will be down, but so will player costs - surely even players on 2 or 3 year contracts.

We can try to blame whoever we like but the fact is we get poor crowds and for whatever reason targeted players don’t want to come to Firhill

The current league table doesn't take into account what anyone may have achieved prior to this season.

2 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

You realise you are saying Archie called it wrong, with absolutely no insight into what discussions took place or what strategy was in place. With no idea who we tried to bring in, if anyone.

8 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

It’s not uncertain the impact relegation will have ?

if your turnover drops by 3 million a year are you seriously telling me that won’t have an impact ? , hopefully when we offered our better players contracts there was a clause in it regarding relegation but I’m not so sure players agents would have agreed to that . Our crowds haven’t been great this year but we’re still on a par with Ross County, Hamilton , St Johnstone so we can hardly make that an excuse as regards player recruitment. It’s too late now as regards changing the manager but I would take a play off place just now and take our chance that we can stay up.

1 minute ago, potty trained said:

You realise you are saying Archie called it wrong, with absolutely no insight into what discussions took place or what strategy was in place. With no idea who we tried to bring in, if anyone.

So go on then - the man with the insight and knowledge of all the discussions and strategy.

Tell us what actually happened.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, potty trained said:

Archie actually came out in the press and said he felt he had 4 new players as they had returned from injury, took a gamble they would be up to speed a lot quicker than they actually have been. We’ve wasted 6 months wages on Gary Fraser and he’s now on loan at Morton , that money could have been used for some other signing that would have actually helped us preserve our SPFL status and yes after being through at Tynecastle yesterday I do believe he has got it massively wrong.