Hearts at Tynecastle

elevenone

3 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Archie actually came out in the press and said he felt he had 4 new players as they had returned from injury, took a gamble they would be up to speed a lot quicker than they actually have been. We’ve wasted 6 months wages on Gary Fraser and he’s now on loan at Morton , that money could have been used for some other signing that would have actually helped us preserve our SPFL status and yes after being through at Tynecastle yesterday I do believe he has got it massively wrong.

So you've no idea what money was available. Who we may have tried and failed to get. If Cargill is costing us more than Turnbull. Etc.

You could have just said that.

2 minutes ago, potty trained said:

So you've no idea what money was available. Who we may have tried and failed to get. If Cargill is costing us more than Turnbull. Etc.

You could have just said that.

Rather than try to score points , what I’m saying is we don’t look as if we’re good enough to stay up and I’m not so sure we shouldn’t have invested in the January window .

Relegation from the Premier league in my experience has never been a good thing.There will be a mass exodus of players,we will spend a number of years in the championship or even lower and our crowds will be even lower than at the moment,This is of course my opinion  based on  supporting Thistle for more than 55 years and others I know will disagree.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

When the manager comes out in the press and says he feels he’s got 4 new players , what opinion or conclusion would you come to ?

What he was saying wasn't wrong. Everyone would have that opinion. It's a commonly used figure of speech in football. 

It's a bit of a leap to assume, that because he said that, he didn't want or look for anyone else. 

5 minutes ago, potty trained said:

What he was saying wasn't wrong. Everyone would have that opinion. It's a commonly used figure of speech in football. 

It's a bit of a leap to assume, that because he said that, he didn't want or look for anyone else. 

Pretty sure Archie said Turnbull being recalled meant he had to try get someone in so I’d hazard a guess he wasn’t looking elsewhere.

Of the window, he brought in three players. A like for like, though we have no idea if an increase in wage was required. 

A contract extension which I'd be the first to call him out on.

And a fantastic signing in Woods, who considering he's not even playing in his natural more attacking position has been an astute price of business.

Folk can claim we should have signed an experienced centre half to try and rework the Lee Mair magic. But were any available? Were they in our budget? Keown was fit at the time. The fact we signed Cargill instead of an experienced CH suggests none were available.

Edited by potty trained

1 hour ago, jlsarmy said:

It’s not uncertain the impact relegation will have ?

if your turnover drops by 3 million a year are you seriously telling me that won’t have an impact ? , hopefully when we offered our better players contracts there was a clause in it regarding relegation but I’m not so sure players agents would have agreed to that . Our crowds haven’t been great this year but we’re still on a par with Ross County, Hamilton , St Johnstone so we can hardly make that an excuse as regards player recruitment. It’s too late now as regards changing the manager but I would take a play off place just now and take our chance that we can stay up.

Go on then Jlsarmy - tell us what the bottom line impact will be dropping out this division ?

5 minutes ago, sandy said:

I’m still waiting to see who the ‘Archie out’ brigade would have instead. What magical Manager is out there? 

Go on...

Depends on our budget, depends who would want it, depends who’s available (even paying compo) only the board would have an idea to these we could only speculate 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, sandy said:

I’m still waiting to see who the ‘Archie out’ brigade would have instead. What magical Manager is out there? 

Go on...

Who would have thought steve clarke would have went to killie? We should be thinking outside the box rather than the usual recycled managers.

I would have Jackie back but there are obviously too many people who dont give him any credit for what he started.

As I said, there will be good candidates out there who would bite your hand off for the job. A well run club with a training complex on the horizon, hardly a poison chalice.

Lets hear the 'Archie must stay' camp where Sandy is the flag bearer? What more do you need to see? Do you enjoy watching that?

38 minutes ago, MonehJags said:

Who would have thought steve clarke would have went to killie? We should be thinking outside the box rather than the usual recycled managers.

I would have Jackie back but there are obviously too many people who dont give him any credit for what he started.

As I said, there will be good candidates out there who would bite your hand off for the job. A well run club with a training complex on the horizon, hardly a poison chalice.

Lets hear the 'Archie must stay' camp where Sandy is the flag bearer? What more do you need to see? Do you enjoy watching that?

It was Ian McCall who started it not McNamara

8 hours ago, MonehJags said:

8 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

It was Ian McCall who started it not McNamara

I rest my case.

McNamara inherited 6 players who would go on to be part of the promotion winning side. He was able to see who could make it and who couldn't. He built a team capable of playing good attacking football of which we have not seen since and got us to a cup final. Our away form under McNamara was what would have cost us though and that was his biggest flaw, however there is no doubt it was HIS team that started our promotion charge.

As I said though, there will be plenty of C.V.s for the board to sift through of which there will be at least one outstanding candidate because another season like this will lead to mental health issues for our suffering supporters (except Sandy of course who loves it)

18 hours ago, potty trained said:

And if your opinion is that you won't name a successor because that's the boards decision, then that's a cop out. 

Ridiculous argument 

it is the boards job and it doesn’t matter what any fan thinks ....pure deflection

and there is always another manager for every club

relegation has always been a disaster 

• Like 1