Hearts at Tynecastle

elevenone

I think puts things into perspective as to where we’re going.

The lack of youth also adds to the worry, but the rest of the Stats are horrendous 

On 3/19/2018 at 2:25 PM, The Jukebox Rebel said:

:detective:

17.03.2018 Hearts of Midlothian [a] L0-3 (SPFL Premiership - game 30)
PROBLEMS AT BOTH ENDS

• With an average age of 28y, 3m, 25d, this starting line-up resets the bar as the oldest of Alan Archibald's managerial career. You need to rewind back to February, 2011, to find an older Thistle team.
  • In competitive action, Thistle haven't kept a clean-sheet away from home since a 0-0 draw at New Douglas Park back in October. It's the longest such run since a 13 game streak back in 2007.
  • Thistle have now played 6 competitive games without a win at Tynecastle.
  • Thistle have secured only 0.833 pts per game in this season's League action, a return which is on course to be the lowest since the calamitous campaign of 2003-04 (0.684).
  • Thistle have failed to score in more than half of their away League games this season, firing a blank 8 times out of 15. Such a thing has only happened 5 times before, most recently in season 2014-15 when Archie's side failed to score in 11 out of 19. Indeed, including the current campaign ratio, Archie's sides have 3 places in the all-time bottom 8 in this regard, having failed to score 9 times out of 19 in season 2015-16.
  • Thistle's goals-per-game tally away from home in the League falls to 0.6 (9 in 15), and is now on course to be the club's 2nd lowest return of all-time. The club-record (0.412, 7 in 17) was set in 1912-13.
  • Similarly, Thistle's overall goals-per-game tally in the League falls to 0.867 (26 in 30), and is also now on course to be the club's 2nd lowest return of all-time. The club-record (0.806, 29 in 36) was set by Murdo MacLeod's Thistle in 1995-96.

ongoing sequences:

• 7 competitive games without a win, 3rd Feb 2018 to date. (Longest run since: 9 games; 11th Aug 2017 to 14th Oct 2017. Club-record: 26 games; 28th Nov 1908 to 25th Aug 1909.)
  • 12 competitive games without a clean-sheet away from home, 4th Nov 2017 to date. (Longest run since: 13 games; 24th Feb 2007 to 10th Nov 2007. Club-record: 89 games; 31st Oct 1885 to 23rd Jan 1897.)
  • 33 consecutive competitive appearances for Ryan Edwards, 8th Aug 2017 to date. (Longest run since: Adam Barton - 54 games; 28th Dec 2016 to 3rd Feb 2018. Club-record: Johnny Jackson - 313 games; 28th Aug 1926 to 25th Mar 1933.)

On ‎20‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 1:13 PM, The Jukebox Rebel said:

A bit of perspective?

jfi5nm.jpg

Alan Archibald is close to becoming just the THIRD manager in Thistle's history to be solely responsible for keeping Thistle in the Top 10 of Scottish football in five successive campaigns.

Go on Arch.

:ptfc:

Can hardly believe this stat. Completely dumbfounded in fact.

Go on Archie indeed!!

• Like 1

Norge, thankfully, the home record is not so horrendous this season and, therefore, we are still very much alive in the battle to avoid the drop. It's fair to say that the gaffer hasn't always got it right this term, but that's not to say he won't do so next season. A few oldies (Woods, Dumbuya and Osman) are out of contract in a couple of months and I'd imagine (and hope) that Archie is already plotting for a freshen up, with (I'd like to think) a hungrier, meaner and fitter squad.

On the question of perspective; should it be framed on a single season? I don't think so.

In his his 5 year record, the good heavily outweighs the bad, by traditional Thistle standards. That a managerial reign can flow with peaks and troughs seems to be an unheard-of concept these days; personally I'd love to see Thistle fans dare to be different by riding it out and backing the gaffer during this tough period. That's certainly what I'll be doing anyway. The man's record, 2013 to date, more than justifies the faith.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Jukebox Rebel said:

Norge, thankfully, the home record is not so horrendous this season and, therefore, we are still very much alive in the battle to avoid the drop. It's fair to say that the gaffer hasn't always got it right this term, but that's not to say he won't do so next season. A few oldies (Woods, Dumbuya and Osman) are out of contract in a couple of months and I'd imagine (and hope) that Archie is already plotting for a freshen up, with (I'd like to think) a hungrier, meaner and fitter squad.

On the question of perspective; should it be framed on a single season? I don't think so.

In his his 5 year record, the good heavily outweighs the bad, by traditional Thistle standards. That a managerial reign can flow with peaks and troughs seems to be an unheard-of concept these days; personally I'd love to see Thistle fans dare to be different by riding it out and backing the gaffer during this tough period. That's certainly what I'll be doing anyway. The man's record, 2013 to date, more than justifies the faith.

I think Thistle have backed him longer than most clubs (even ours) would with our form since the split last season, I agree what he’s done the previous 4 years has been great, but managers like footballers are not judged on previous form, it’s the here and now, and this season has been abysmal, not only results but actual performances, and it’s the performances that worry me this season, previous seasons you knew the results would come, this season we’re flat, toothless and a dirge to watch.

i can’t wait for the season to end and start afresh next season, but in what league and with what manager is anyone’s guess.