Thistle trivia due to boredom

Jaggernaut

I have the same wallet as the OP.  Well not the same wallet obviously, but a wallet of the same design.

I won it at one of the Thistle Open Days in a darts-based game - had to score 21  (I think) with 3 darts. Can't remember if it was on a dartboard or a board with playing cards stuck to it.

20 minutes ago, crazy davie said:

I have the same wallet as the OP.  Well not the same wallet obviously, but a wallet of the same design.

I won it at one of the Thistle Open Days in a darts-based game - had to score 21  (I think) with 3 darts. Can't remember if it was on a dartboard or a board with playing cards stuck to it.

How is it looking these days cd?

I never put coins in my wallet - too bulky. I do find though that I get holes in my trouser pockets as a result. Therefore I am prone to the old Pound Coin in the Shoe problem. 

On ‎23‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 1:12 PM, BowenBoys said:

How is it looking these days cd?

I never put coins in my wallet - too bulky. I do find though that I get holes in my trouser pockets as a result. Therefore I am prone to the old Pound Coin in the Shoe problem. 

Still pristine BB. I have no need for a wallet as Mrs cd looks after my money. Aren't I the lucky fellow...?

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎26‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 7:55 AM, Jaggernaut said:

Back in the 70s many Thistle players had another line of work in addition to football......

IMG_20180325_091127 (1).jpg

Was speaking to the female in the stonemasons who did the headstone and plaque for Robert about Thistle and Firhill.Not thinking she would know much about us,i was surprised when she said that she knew Thisle well and she went to a lot of games in the  seventies including league cup final.Turns out that Alex Rae is her cousin.

2 hours ago, jaggy said:

No

The terracing at the north end was huge with the circular bit behind the goal pretty deep too, the flats are in effect on the terracing with the northy on the old pitch run off? (Give or take a metre or two?)

On 05/04/2018 at 12:10 PM, Rid Skwerr said:

I was wearing my John Lambie, "my Heid's Buzzled" tee shirt at the Aberdeen game.

Should I wear it again this Saturday?

Good idea Rid Skwerr, but whatever you were wearing at or during the County game should be binned.  I have destroyed the red and yellow onesie I was wearing at the time since it has brought nothing but bad luck and ridicule. 

PS Maybe someone could make "Dingwall Veteran" tee shirts (only in black, natch) that could be worn with pride, and allow wearers the right to comment on the future management of the Club without let or hindrance from the happy clappers.

Edited by eljaggo

The Red and yellow onesie was always a bad idea and should be binned on the grounds of taste alone. :-)

Now a Dingwall veterans tee shirt would be a sure fire winner with me and would go nicely with my "Stranraer Survivors" shirt from the second worst humiliation (3-0 on a wet Wednesday down there from the nineties (?)).

Dingwall has now eclipsed that night as my worst ever Jags away day.....

The team owe me Big Time for Tuesday night..

Edited by Rid Skwerr
Spelling

• 2 months later...