Hibernian Vs Partick Thistle

jagfox

Game over, 2-0. Cue Archie's usual nonsense. "We did ever so well until the first goal. The injury to Cerny ever so changed our game plan. I though we attacked ever so well at times, we just could not ever so get the ball across the line. The boys will be ever so disappointed, but we can't ever so feel sorry for ourselves. We have a lot of ever so big matches coming up." 

Edited by Yellow & Redneck

Watched the game on the internet, if we survive this season it will be a miracle , absolutely no creativity at all in the team and just now without a fit Doolan scoring goals and Chris Erskine in the team we’ve got absolutely nothing at all upfront. The nonsense about the strongest squad ever is absolute bullshit as the results show with virtually no injuries in the squad . If we get beat on Tuesday night it’s game over.

Gutted at not getting anything out of that today.  The way we waste what few chances we got cost us dearly.  Not sure why our 'goal' disallowed...offside?  We seemed to lose concentration following that decision and it was game over. Thought Hibs were really poor today and still we got zilch. C'mon Jags, heads up and do the biz against County on Tuesday.

Strange after match comment Archie.

“We were happy enough with our performance, we moved the ball well and created a couple of decent opportunities. You've got to take your chances.”

"We've got to take the positives from it. I know it's strange because we lost 2-0, but there is positives there and we've got to take them into the Ross County game."

1 hour ago, elevenone said:

Strange after match comment Archie.

“We were happy enough with our performance, we moved the ball well and created a couple of decent opportunities. You've got to take your chances.”

"We've got to take the positives from it. I know it's strange because we lost 2-0, but there is positives there and we've got to take them into the Ross County game."

The guy has completely lost the plot. I guess that is the kind of crap you need to tell yourself to remain sane after losing 18 times this season. 

4 hours ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

Game over, 2-0. Cue Archie's usual nonsense. "We did ever so well until the first goal. The injury to Cerny ever so changed our game plan. I though we attacked ever so well at times, we just could not ever so get the ball across the line. The boys will be ever so disappointed, but we can't ever so feel sorry for ourselves. We have a lot of ever so big matches coming up." 

Is it just me that sees the irony in this poster commenting about the same old drivel comments!!

16 minutes ago, Metz said:

Is it just me that sees the irony in this poster commenting about the same old drivel comments!!

Actually I thought my post was reasonably original. I'm surprised nobody has clocked onto the insistent and constant use of "ever so well/badly/unlucky/unfortunate/blah blah blah" by Archibald. 

WE go on every week about taking positives out of the game   but what happens on Monday morning at training is it all forgotten and nothing  is remembered from the Saturday .....Today apart from the maby   offside goal we offered very little against a poor Hibs team..We go on about this being our best squad of players  sorry guys i think we are looking at them through red and yellow glasses....

Well I can see from that clip why the goal was disallowed.

Storey was offside and soon as the Thistle player got a head to the ball.

Hope he learns from that, as he shouldn't be there unless there's a defender on the line,

which used to be the norm, but has been dropped by most defences for that very reason.

By the way, having been at the game, I agree 100% with Archie's comments on this occasion.

The lack of posts on this thread since the game is maybe a bit concerning.  Normally there is a healthy debate about the reasons for a loss and suggestions for remedies. Tonight, almost nothing. 

Are people resigned to relegation, or are we growing tired of trotting out the same comments about the team/manager's failings, or maybe both?