Ross County 3/4/18

Auld Jag

I'm actually quite angry for the first time this season (previously just apathetic/resigned).

The team selection and tactics are absolutely pish. We have lined up scared of our opposition in every game this season. Every team selection/tactical approach is a response to the other teams characteristics, not a vote of confidence in our own players' ability. Archibald picks a poor/non-optimal lineup from a poor squad (picked by him) to play poor tactics. Why the **** is Ryan Scully our number 2? Could have told you about 3/4 years ago that he was about junior superleague level.

We've just gone 2-0 down to another poor goal. 

• Like 1

Archie needs to go tomorrow and get someone in to shake things up ahead of the Killie game. It won’t happen but it would be nice to try and at least save our season. I think Maxi probably doesn’t want sacking his pal Archie the last thing on his Thistle CV before he leaves so will just wait until we get relegated then go to the SFA. Maxi should phone Alan Stubbs just now and ask him if he fancies it til the end of the season.

The thing is, even if we lose tonight I still think we could finish 11th...if Archibald is sacked. If the board don't grow a set of balls like they said they were going to do last September (Ian Maxwell's "our patience isn't infinite" speech), they are as equally complicit as our finished manager and his rudderless gutless team. At the moment as it stands, every team who has decided to twist on their manager this season has benefited.