Ross County 3/4/18

Auld Jag

Really looking forward to the I was wrong comments if we escape relegation. Going by previous experience that won't happen there will just be a lot of raised rocks as they all scuttle underneath awaiting the next set back that will bring them back out with glee.

No doubt about it we could certainly be relegated and if pressed I'd say there is more than a 50:50 chance however to give up and get hysterical with OTP comments like predicting "a Sunderland" are regrettably all too familiar.  We have no real influence other than not turning up or getting there and supporting the team to hopefully inspire, I know what I'll be doing, I'll catch up with most of you when I get back to my tablet at 5.00 on Saturday.

12 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Beyond belief, this is the worst team since Murdo Mcloud 

No fight

Set out for a draw

No attack

Useless defense 

Swapping a defender for another defender at 3-0 down

Taking a forward off for a midfielder at 2-0 down

Total shambles

this 100%

Keown and Sammon attempted a walk over applause at ft but soon backtracked with torrent of abuse heading teams way.  Amazingly there was a few supporters clapping them.

21 minutes ago, Weebaw1 said:

Some tough times ahead.

Not sure if anyone can turn it round now.  Players have chucked it.

Appoint an interim now. 

Get in the right man at season end. He can view the deadwood dispassionately even in the unlikely event of staying up.

totally agree.I don't think it is possible to have Archie as manager on Saturday now.There is no way back .  I would be looking at someone like John Hughes until the end of season ,just about anyone to be honest.

6 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

I suppose we should have expected this. We only do the Premiership in five season cycles.

Is this a premonition? as this is only the 5th year of the "Premiership". Good to know though as I'l plan the 5th year differently in future if your right!!

Archie - bitterly disappointing, wanted a reaction at half time, didnt defend, achilles heel (again), hugely concerning, need to get a reaction/bounce, cant feel sorry for ourselves, got to stick together, dig in, kick on.

Archie's post match interview there, the usual uninspiring book of cliches.  The fans need a boost let alone the players. He couldn't have sounded any more passive.

it was pointed out long ago archie wasn't up to this job and anyone who dared to bring it up were called knickerwetters or something similar.  Most of you were happy to keep the blinkers on and follow the herd. I was slated for saying the one man up front team he insits on putting out is pish. So dry yer eyes 

1 minute ago, andyconnor said:

it was pointed out long ago archie wasn't up to this job and anyone who dared to bring it up were called knickerwetters or something similar.  Most of you were happy to keep the blinkers on and follow the herd. I was slated for saying the one man up front team he insits on putting out is pish. So dry yer eyes 

I second that..

1 hour ago, Metz said:

Really looking forward to the I was wrong comments if we escape relegation. Going by previous experience that won't happen there will just be a lot of raised rocks as they all scuttle underneath awaiting the next set back that will bring them back out with glee.

No doubt about it we could certainly be relegated and if pressed I'd say there is more than a 50:50 chance however to give up and get hysterical with OTP comments like predicting "a Sunderland" are regrettably all too familiar.  We have no real influence other than not turning up or getting there and supporting the team to hopefully inspire, I know what I'll be doing, I'll catch up with most of you when I get back to my tablet at 5.00 on Saturday.

50-50 Chance of relegation? We are out and out favourites to go down.We have been totally humbled by the only team who was below us in the league.Before tonight Ross County had not won in 5games and not won any of their last 8 home games.Since we last won(January)we have played 8 games and got 2 points relegation form.Will you be saying you were wrong if we go down ?

We can't feel sorry for ourselves'

FT: Ross County 4-0 Partick Thistle

"Bitterly disappointing," is Partick Thistle manager Alan Archibald's assessment of their hammering in Dingwall. 

"It was never going to be a game for the purists with the conditions tonight, the first goal was going to be very, very important and County got it, and it gave them real confidence.

"We looked for a reaction at half-time, we put a couple of attacking players on. But we didn’t defend and we got three warnings before they scored the third goal.

"It’s been like that all season, it’s been a real Achilles heel in terms of trying to keep a clean sheet and keep the ball out of the net.

"It was hugely concerning. Massive game coming up on Saturday now [against Kilmarnock at Firhill]. We need to get a reaction; that’s all we can do is look to get a bounce off it.

"We can’t feel sorry for ourselves. We’ve got to try to dig in and stick together to try to get that result to kick us on."

Reading that sounds like Archie isn’t walking 

1 hour ago, JAG1970 said:

We can't feel sorry for ourselves'

FT: Ross County 4-0 Partick Thistle

"Bitterly disappointing," is Partick Thistle manager Alan Archibald's assessment of their hammering in Dingwall. 

"It was never going to be a game for the purists with the conditions tonight, the first goal was going to be very, very important and County got it, and it gave them real confidence.

"We looked for a reaction at half-time, we put a couple of attacking players on. But we didn’t defend and we got three warnings before they scored the third goal.

"It’s been like that all season, it’s been a real Achilles heel in terms of trying to keep a clean sheet and keep the ball out of the net.

"It was hugely concerning. Massive game coming up on Saturday now [against Kilmarnock at Firhill]. We need to get a reaction; that’s all we can do is look to get a bounce off it.

"We can’t feel sorry for ourselves. We’ve got to try to dig in and stick together to try to get that result to kick us on."

Reading that sounds like Archie isn’t walking 

Archie has had a full calendar year to turn it around and hasn't managed it.If he isn't going to walk he will need to be pushed.No man is bigger than the club,it is Partick Thistle FC not Alan Archibald FC.

• Like 2

This boy will take us on a back to back.  Since he took over a team that was built by McNamara he has systematically run the team into the ground finally being found out this season. It wouldn't take Sherlock to realise the signing of Piccolo was a major clue..............over the years this clowns been in charge we've been no more than bottom feeders with seemingly ambition to progress.............there isn't a good team in this bogus league and we're down at the bottom.............The Weirs gave money to bring on youth with a view to perhaps sell on. this is another massive FAILURE again does this Mug not take an active interest in what he wants to bring through at youth level.....FSake...............If Archie were to fall over Harry Potters magic wand he still couldn't find his way to goal..............Archie take your kid on Largs badges and bugger off back to Dundee Utd....... 

Edited by sabbath

1 hour ago, andyconnor said:

I know that perspective is difficult for a lot of people tonight. But how long ago was it pointed out that he wasn't up to the job? 5 years ago some people said it. 4 years ago too. And 3. Anyway, he got us promoted and has kept us here longer than anyone for about 40 years, with highest league position in that time. So regardless of what has happened or will happen this season; all this 'told you so'  stuff is a load of nonsense. 

We're obviously in a lot of trouble now. And I'm surprised, I thought we'd have enough this season and I'm pretty gutted. We've been a bit unlucky but no excuses, we've been the worst team in the league to date. I don't know if time's up but I can't see an immediate change being the best thing. Who knows?

Still reckon one result could turn it. Our players aren't useless and our manager isn't clueless but confidence is everything and it's clearly lacking now. Just need to support them best we can.  And hope.

Edited by allyo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, watties wallies said:

i feel that archie will now walk away 

we need fresh ideas, approach call it what you like but the wheels have come off the wagon

archie has done us proud  but i have always felt he should have moved on at the end of last season

but to have doolan sitting on the bench game after game that for me has always been hard to understand

top scorer probably our most technically gifted player and scores goals - warming the bench  

second half we now have nothing to lose so  lets get at them doolan and erskine on from the start

In a nutshell. Archie's treatment of Doolan, and thereby the fans and club, by dropping him at every available opportunity, has done serious damage.

Edited by Jaggernaut
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, allyo said:

I know that perspective is difficult for a lot of people tonight. But how long ago was it pointed out that he wasn't up to the job? 5 years ago some people said it. 4 years ago too. And 3. Anyway, he got us promoted and has kept us here longer than anyone for about 40 years, with highest league position in that time. So regardless of what has happened or will happen this season; all this 'told you so'  stuff is a load of nonsense. 

We're obviously in a lot of trouble now. And I'm surprised, I thought we'd have enough this season and I'm pretty gutted. We've been a bit unlucky but no excuses, we've been the worst team in the league to date. I don't know if time's up but I can't see a change being the best thing. Who knows?

Still reckon one result could turn it. Our players aren't useless and our manager isn't clueless but confidence is everything and it's clearly lacking now. Just need to support them best we can.  And hope.

That’s all we’ve really got left is hope , and there are good players at Firhill but they need to play in a system that suits them , launching the ball towards Sammon or hitting the ball down the channels towards Storey is at best 1980’s Wimbledon, surely football has evolved a bit since then. Consistently over the last 3 years Archie has deployed this tactic with Azeez , Pogba and to a lesser extent Lyle Taylor usually to the expense of Kris Doolan. The difference this year is Doolans goals haven’t got Archie out of jail either to lack of game time of the injury that Doolan has been carrying for the past few months. 

There is no system we’re playing ,part of it down to the lack of wing backs/ full backs at our disposal but even when they have been fit there is no game plan with one full back staying back and the other pushing on ,Archibald’s set pieces have been atrocious this season with a total lack of invention totally apparent, not sure what they work at all week .Within the games the inability to change tactics as to how the game is going and leaving substitutes to the last minute before they can make an impact is also crucial.

Archie has taken us as far as he could and because there is talent within the squad Penrice , McCarthy , Doolan , Erskine etc  it’s not totally hopeless but a new regime is badly needed .

Just read that nearly 300 jags fans made the game last night and I take my hat off to every single one of them and if the club had one shred of respect for them they'd reimburse them for their troubles after that result. I've always backed Archie but after that result he simply can't be allowed to carry on as is. I'd hate to see it end this way but what choice is there? It can't get any worse than it is right now.