Fixture Fit-Up??

CCjag

Apologies, just noticed an earlier thread covering this!

Usually, when someone starts with “I hope I’m wrong, but…” they don’t mean it.

Believe me, I do.

So, I hope I’m wrong, but I fear we are going to be on the wrong end of a fixture fit-up.

With it almost certain that the bottom six will comprise Motherwell, St Johnstone, Hamilton A, Dundee, Ross County and ourselves – the configuration of fixtures will be “interesting”!

By the break, we will have played twice at every one of them, except Dundee.

We will, after the Killie game, have played 16 home and 17 away matches.

If the fixtures were to be balanced against our bottom six opponents, we would end up having played 20 home and 18 away matches across the season.

I fear that is not going to happen and that a post-split four home/one away programme is a dream that we will be denied.

A trip to Dens is, inevitable, but where will we end up for a third time and will it be another mid-week trip?????

It might be paranoid to suggest that the politics of football incline towards keeping a standard bearer in the Highlands and that scheduling the fixtures that matter would be so much easier if there was one less Glasgow team – but we shall see!

Of course, I might have completely misinterpreted the rules/motivation of the SPFL, I do hope so!

Edited by CCjag

52 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Games will be (in this order)

Motherwell

St Johnstone 

Accies

County

Dundee

With County to play Accies Last game

you heard it hear first

Is the 3rd or 4th game midweek usually?

It’s an absolute disgrace that the Old Firm fixture is always guaranteed to be two home games each. Also, if I’m not mistaken, they actually published the date and time of the final post-split Old Firm game several weeks before the split had even been decided. Not only does it completely undermine the rest of the teams in the competition, but it also brings the sporting integrity (remember that phrase?) of the league into question.

Those in charge would have no problem sending Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts or Killie to Celtic Park or Ibrox for a third time, but they wouldn’t dare send either cheek away to the other for a third time.

Scottish football is rotten to the core. I don’t think we realise just how good we had it when the newco were in the lower leagues.

I went off on a bit of a tangent there, but aye, I fully expect us to be shafted over our fixtures in some way or another.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

I think we have had the benefit of extra home games in previous seasons though - maybe not when it was so important to us. The question is - is it more important to have an equal no of Home/away games or to play teams the same number of times ?

Having won only once away from home this season, and only scoring 9 goals in those games, home advantage for me every time

1 hour ago, Norgethistle said:

Having won only once away from home this season, and only scoring 9 goals in those games, home advantage for me every time

Before the winter break we won 6 out of 7 home games ,since the winter break no home wins.If we want to stay up we need to at least win our home games.

Edited by Auld Jag

2 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Before the winter break we won 6 out of 7 home games ,since the winter break no home wins.If we want to stay up we need to at least win our home games.

The problem is we’re not winning any games, home or away.

Doesnt matter where we play our last 5 games post split I can see us getting zero points and maybe zero goals

1 hour ago, Norgethistle said:

The problem is we’re not winning any games, home or away.

Doesnt matter where we play our last 5 games post split I can see us getting zero points and maybe zero goals

I posted this before tonights game when I still had some hope we could do  something,but after that tonight I agree with you.