Post Split Fixtures

potty trained

4 hours ago, javeajag said:

Ok let’s be optimistic.....on our form to date we have either a one in five chance of wining a league game .....so we could win one game more this season....ah but our wins are against bottom six teams but that’s once  this year with no win in our last nine games

we also struggle to score with the likelihood we will only score in two if the five matches 

best scenario we win 1 to 2 games....possible we don’t win any 

Correct me if I am wrong, but don’t we have 6 wins vs bottom 6 teams, which means that we have beaten one of them twice ?

It is brilliant how you extrapolate the results to suit your argument. Someone else might say that of the likely fixtures, we have won 4 and lost one. Repeat that and we are bound to stay up.

If I recall correctly we've won 1 and lost 2 to Dundee, won 2 and lost 1 to St Johnstone and split the points with Motherwell, County and Hamilton with a win and a draw against each.

If that is a basis to extrapolate results then it would indicate a loss to Dundee, win against St Johnstone and draws against County, Motherwell and Hamilton. That would in turn translate to 6 points which wouldn't be enough.

To get to a playoff we probably need at least 8 points. To avoid a play off I think we need at least 10 more likely 12.

The hope is that most of our wins were at Firhill and we should be due 3 home games.

27 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but don’t we have 6 wins vs bottom 6 teams, which means that we have beaten one of them twice ?

It is brilliant how you extrapolate the results to suit your argument. Someone else might say that of the likely fixtures, we have won 4 and lost one. Repeat that and we are bound to stay up.

I’m not picking anything to suit my argument .... it is a fact we have won only 6 games out of 33 or a win every 5.5 games except our current form is no win in 9 so actually worse than earlier in the season... and we have played 11 league games this year so far we have lost 9 won 1 and drawn 1.... our last 5 league games we have lost 4 and drawn 1 .... plus we have the worst goal difference in the league 

i struggle to see the grounds for optimism but nothing would give me greater pleasure than to be wrong !!

45 minutes ago, javeajag said:

I’m not picking anything to suit my argument .... it is a fact we have won only 6 games out of 33 or a win every 5.5 games except our current form is no win in 9 so actually worse than earlier in the season... and we have played 11 league games this year so far we have lost 9 won 1 and drawn 1.... our last 5 league games we have lost 4 and drawn 1 .... plus we have the worst goal difference in the league 

i struggle to see the grounds for optimism but nothing would give me greater pleasure than to be wrong !!

Totally missing the point. In the next 5 games anything can happen

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, javeajag said:

It can but it’s unlikely based on our season so far that’s my point 

Especially as you are insistent on including our results against top 6 teams... heading into a round of games in the bottom 6.

Change your stats etc to only include games v bottom 6 teams and see how your stats read,

21 minutes ago, potty trained said:

Especially as you are insistent on including our results against top 6 teams... heading into a round of games in the bottom 6.

Change your stats etc to only include games v bottom 6 teams and see how your stats read,

ok it always depends on where you start from .....but from this year of the bottom six  we have played the other bottom 5 as follows.....

st Johnstone won, Motherwell drew, Dundee lost, Hamilton lost , Ross county lost 

And our current form is the worst ...so repeat that and we go down 

3 hours ago, javeajag said:

ok it always depends on where you start from .....but from this year of the bottom six  we have played the other bottom 5 as follows.....

st Johnstone won, Motherwell drew, Dundee lost, Hamilton lost , Ross county lost 

And our current form is the worst ...so repeat that and we go down 

And you don’t pick the stats to suit your argument?

initially you included all the fixtures this season against all the clubs. Then you only pick results in 2018 vs the bottom 6.

What about looking at the cycle of results ? 1st 9  - rubbish; next 15 - most of our points won; last 9 - rubbish - so we are just about to start a good run?

Just admit that any outcome is still possible

3 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Heard on the news the fixtures might not be out until the end of the week.What are they using to work them out?I know they don't want the best fans in the world to riot but come on.

They are using a sliderule, a pair of compasses and a protractor.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

Actually, I thought Saturdays performance was decent enough that has given me a bit more hope.

Likewise. One less game tho' to turn things around but at least there was serious effort in our performance. Something that's been lacking for a good while previously. Just a wee bit more hope, tho' from a very low hopeability level.

16 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Anything is possible,but logic and form would say we wont do great.But we are Thistle so logic doesnt  come into it.

Too true.

Thistle's post split fixtures have been announced and are as follows: Hamilton Accies - Home - 21/04 - 15:00 St Johnstone - Away - 28/04 - 15:00 Ross County - Home - 04/05 - 19:45 - Live on BT Sport Motherwell - Home - 08/05 - 19:45 Dundee - Away - 12/05 - 15:00

Happy enough with that apart from working the Fri and Tue games.  Should be a nice Lambie tribute on first match.

Regardless of anyone’s opinion of our season to date or indeed our stats to date, which are unequivocally awful: the semi-final break affords us the opportunity of 5 eminently gets until I have toowinnable games. Of course that is a totally different thing from saying that we will win all five of them or even any of them.

It behoves all Jags’ supporters to know get right behind the team to try and make sure that we pull off our great escape. It’d be worth bearing in mind that failure to retain our top flight status would be an unmitigated disaster for Patrick Thistle, both on and off the pitch and as such is one that I don’t really want to contemplate until I have to.

So over the next few weeks I’ll try and devote all my energies to cheering on my team.

Edited by stillresigned
  • Like 5