Tuesday 8 May, 2018

Hamilton Academical v St Johnstone, 7.45pm

Partick Thistle v Motherwell, 7.45pm

Ross County v Dundee, 7.45pm

Saturday 12 May, 2018

Dundee v Partick Thistle

Motherwell v Hamilton Academical

St Johnstone v Ross County

3 home games seem OK, and we have done well at McDairmid in the recent past.  Ross County at home is a big bonus. Strongest team (Motherwell) at home, and hardest game is probably Dundee away, but as the last game that might work in our favour if we find safety before then or know what we have to do on the day.

3 winnable games at home and we can also pick up something in the away games.We know there is different views regarding the manager and players but I am sure the one thing we all have in common is to see Thistle  stay in the top league so lets get right behind Thistle for the next 5 games.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, stillresigned said:

the semi-final break affords us the opportunity of 5 eminently gets until I have toowinnable games. Of course that is a totally different thing from saying that we will win all five of them or even any of them.

To be fair, that is a totally different thing from saying anything that makes sense  :thumbsup2:

We have the best set of fixtures we could have hoped for, games which we have shown we can win.  A wave of optimism and hope; anyone up for a last day party in Dundee?  

I agree that we played quite well Saturday.

But we STILL couldn’t score. How can we glean 8 or 10 points when we don’t score any goals?

An interesting comparison was made with the 72/73 squad and I haven’t checked but I suspect they scored a load more goals which could have pulled them out of the position we are currently in.

I cannot see us suddenly becoming a free scoring team to allow us to escape.

And I would have certainly enjoyed that season more than the dross this year.

Only legends Doolan and Erskine can prove me wrong!

8 hours ago, Weebaw1 said:

I agree that we played quite well Saturday.

But we STILL couldn’t score. How can we glean 8 or 10 points when we don’t score any goals?

An interesting comparison was made with the 72/73 squad and I haven’t checked but I suspect they scored a load more goals which could have pulled them out of the position we are currently in.

I cannot see us suddenly becoming a free scoring team to allow us to escape.

And I would have certainly enjoyed that season more than the dross this year.

Only legends Doolan and Erskine can prove me wrong!

Our first game against Hamilton is vital.A Thistle win would hopefully give everybody confidence we can still stay up.I know our form of late/most of the season has been poor,but lets hope these last 5 games we find some form and pick up the required results to keep us in the league.

Listened to the radio scotland muppets on thursday night and majority had us in bottom spot. I wanted to be full of the rage but their reasoning was too solid. I think it was michael stewart who said we should be in strongest position as archie has more experience then the other managers and all agreed that of the few matches they have seen (and although you might not like them they have footbal knowledge) they thought we were really good and are surprised we are where we are.

All i could think of was they couldn't have been to any of the last 6 games. We are not scoring, not really creating, the midfield seem lost at times and the defence can be solid but several times in a game are all at sea. I just hope archie and shaggy use this negativity of the media to motivate the team. I'd take staying up with 5 jammy wins with scrappy winners but if we do go down i hope its fighting scratching and biting and not with a whimper.

I'm with auld jag, get behind the team win or lose and KJ (welcome back) suggests the players management and fans to watch grasping the thistle before the hamilton game to see what it means to be a jag, spirit of lambie must surely motivate our team.

On 09/04/2018 at 8:41 PM, javeajag said:

Funnily enough I am an optimist but the stats don’t hold out much hope 

Your an optimist, thank god you told us because for at least 3 weeks I misunderstood what an optimist was . I tried following your posts and to be honest for 2 nano seconds you where but after that you resorted to type.

• Like 1

Form has us down

Pundits have us down 

A lot of us on here (based on last 33 games) have us down

But when have Thistle went with form? Add to that the Lambie effect galvanizing the fans, the club reducing reducing admission prices and putting free buses on.

The fans are coming together for one last push, the club is doing what it can to get a noisy crowd in, we just need the players to step up to the mark, give us 5 games to be proud of.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

Form has us down

Pundits have us down 

A lot of us on here (based on last 33 games) have us down

But when have Thistle went with form? Add to that the Lambie effect galvanizing the fans, the club reducing reducing admission prices and putting free buses on.

The fans are coming together for one last push, the club is doing what it can to get a noisy crowd in, we just need the players to step up to the mark, give us 5 games to be proud of.

Ran out of likes.Agree totally.

Very decent fixtures for us. Some great posts above.

A heady combination of Thistle love, grit and Mr Lambie watching over the team WILL deliver us from the purgatory of relegation.

Another few weeks of unconditional love for the Thistle will go a long way towards keeping us up. Keep the faith, everybody.

We Are Thistle.