John Lambie

AlgarveJag

So sad. Amazing guy who was in charge both times when I was mascot. First time he let me & my Dad sit in the dugout for the game. Second time, my Dad politely refused given the language on display the first time! 

So many brilliant stories & quotes - I'm sure the club will do something to honour him. The word 'legend' is used a lot, but he really is & will be missed.

RIP 

• Like 3

I echo the thoughts of other posters a sad day for all Thistle people, his family and friends.

Great times following his Thistle teams, never a dull moment.

The upcoming Thistle v Hamilton game would surely be a good choice so both clubs could pay there respects.

Edited by Juanito

Probably our greatest man-manager ever; I'm sure his half-time roastings were worth an extra 12 points per season!

Without hesitation, John was always there when asked to come and support our fund raisers for the Livingston branch back in the day. He even came out to my mates 21st birthday to make it a night to remember. His personal appearance fees? "Ach, a couple of whiskies, that'll dae me" He was great company, as anyone who attended the old player of the year dances knows.

John doing his Dean Martin is once seen, never forgotten.

RIP you ******* legend you.

x

• Like 1