Brechin City v Champions League

BowenBoys

17 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

Remarkable.

5adf953fa7c57_ScreenShot2018-04-24at21_34_42.png.3c151548adcd2ce24f5d623835566572.png

First blood to partickthedog!

Bayern v Real tomorrow...

Decided to ignore the second half and just look now....and what a pleasant surprise. Reminds me of Thistle winning 5-2 at Hearts. Those late goals conceded might be a bit of a worry for Liverpool, given that Roma overturned a 3 goal deficit v Barcelona.

By the way, in answer to my own question on Mo Salah, he would have kept Brechin in their place in the football pyramid!

Surely Bayern and Real cannot produce 5 goals between them tomorrow night.

2 hours ago, partickthedog said:

Come on Mo. Half time and we are half way there!

if Mo Salah had paid for Brechin this season, how many points would they have got?

If there is even the possibility that Brechin are susceptible  to bribes as you suggest, then the play-off's a bogey.

Just now, BowenBoys said:

5ae49faf65321_ScreenShot2018-04-28at17_19_53.png.1e0ca00df4dcfff10c47b7387f9f8978.png

Oh dear, Brechin, 4 points from 36 matches. Is that the worst performance by a club anywhere, ever?

Real v Bayern, Tuesday; Roma v Liverpool, Wednesday.

Lowest points total in Scotland since 3points for a win started.Lowest points total in Scotland since late 1800's

5ae8d370679e8_ScreenShot2018-05-01at21_49_41.png.e325ca2f164b80bc64c184b4afb4929a.png

Oh eljaggo, eljaggo, what have you done?  In the Brechin City Air Freshener League the loser is the winner. The stench of defeat will soon be banished by the fresh aroma of hedge clippings.

partickthedog, you've come a long way since the 'East Fife prediction' days. Your reward is a pack of Brechin City playing cards. You've mastered pulling a rabbit from the hat here, now try some card tricks.

This has been truly something. Let's not do it all again soon :clapping:

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, eljaggo said:

Congratulations Ptd, a worthy winner.  I'll have to seek consolation at Firhill on Friday.  If we are losing with 10 secs to go, the man brandishing a Brechin City supporters flag invading the pitch will be me.

Many thanks BB and EJ. Amazing number of goals scored in all the games (I make that 32 in 7 so far), making any attempt at prediction an absolute lottery.

Rather amazingly I was at a seminar on Monday  on how churches can comply with the new data protection/GDPR legislation and met a minister who identified himself as the chaplain of Brechin City. I thought that trying to explain my sudden knowledge of and interest in Brechin City results would be too complicated, so contented myself by asking kindly after the health of the horse (there is always one in a field next to Glebe Park) and the hedge.  His faith in the power of prayer did not appear to have been dented, and it does seem that players and supporters have managed to maintain a cheerful spirit of resigned self-deprecation which has kept them going forward. Hopefully their signing of Mo Salah for next season will see an upturn in fortunes.

BB, will say hello to you on Friday if you happen to be with AJ at the front of the John Lambie Stand.

EJ, I will try to hold back the stewards as you make your late dash for the pitch.

There is a chance that Roma could be expelled from the Champions League because of crowd trouble tonight.  That would surely invalidate the whole Brechin City competition.  Maybe not. Many thanks BB for organising this duffers competition and many thanks to PTD for the banter.

13 hours ago, eljaggo said:

There is a chance that Roma could be expelled from the Champions League because of crowd trouble tonight.  That would surely invalidate the whole Brechin City competition.  Maybe not. Many thanks BB for organising this duffers competition and many thanks to PTD for the banter.

I was rooting for you tonight. So sorry that you were robbed by a 94th minute goal. Just cannot rely on anybody to see a game out these days.

Ridiculous amount of goals scored in these games. I suspect that more goals have been scored in these 8 featured matches than we have managed all season.