Hamilton

Paukea

We're ****** now. Confidence is shot.

After a bright start for 20 minutes we've been rotten and guess what? We go and lose the first goal. To which the recent past suggests we don't have an answer.

Hamilton's defence has been outstanding.

Oh, and Blair Spittal - three crosses from good wide position straight into the keeper's hands is unacceptable.

• Haha 2

Not sure what the answer is, but we have to find some passion and momentum in our game without resorting to hopeless punts in the air and weak crosses. Players must take the ball direct from Cerny and not let him punt to their height. Then we have to move the ball on the ground swiftly through the midfield and somehow get Erskine more on the ball facing the front. Edwards certainly on and Spittal off. Maybe Sammon for Lawless. Put the ball on the ground in front of the Fish, do not lump it to him.

Fantastic game. We were well on top for the first 25 minutes but didn't take advantage. So many poor crosses meant all our attacks fizzled out. Until 25 minutes Hamilton had no real spells of possession, but took advantage when their chance came along.

We continued to play the same way in the second half as we started the first, but the introduction of Sammon meant the ball stuck better up front and the first decent cross resulted in an easy nod in from Dools. What a guy! 

Or persistence out wide seems to rely on the opposition defence tiring, as though we accept we won't get much in the first half while the defence is fresh and more solid. That can work if you're not falling behind in the mean time, and if you stay composed which we typically haven't this season. Against Killie we remained composed but were against a better team in all honesty. Today we did again and it paid off. Keep this up and we might just be a premier league team next season, but we still have tougher teams to play than Hamilton.

1 minute ago, jaggy said:

What happened at the end? I was listening on Jagzone then I lost connection. They were convinced it should have been a red card for Jenkins. 

Great result that that gives us some hope, but a long way to go 

Had a blatant kick at Erskinho, which at any  time of the game was a straight red, but at that stage we wanted the final whistle more than any red card.

So it wasted a few seconds.

3 minutes ago, jaggy said:

What happened at the end? I was listening on Jagzone then I lost connection. They were convinced it should have been a red card for Jenkins. 

Great result that that gives us some hope, but a long way to go 

It really should have been. Erskine got away and he was taken out. Most blatant red card I've seen in a long time. Didn't see the Cerny-Imrie incident, but they said Imrie pushed Cerny to the deck, but I imagine Cerny running 50 yards to join in is just as serious a crime, resulting in both of them being booked too. I'm pretty sure Cerny won't mind, it took an extra minute off the clock.